Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Free Agency

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

Even if he’s not all that great, he’s good enough for teams to overpay; teams will always talk themselves into a QB.
    I went through it in my head earlier, and came up with four teams that could actually make sense, outside of the Ratbirds. Then Washington publicly bowed out, which left three. And the Titans really look like they're going into a rebuild.

Can you honestly picture him playing for Bill Belly? That leaves Atlanta.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I went through it in my head earlier, and came up with four teams that could actually make sense, outside of the Ratbirds. Then Washington publicly bowed out, which left three. And the Titans really look like they're going into a rebuild.

Belichick hates talent. He loves the Mac Jones model so much he drafted it twice.

Tennessee makes sense, but they're old school so probably not. Indy makes a lot of sense, but old white guys is what makes their wieners stand at attention. Atlanta would be a good fit.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Belichick hates talent. He loves the Mac Jones model so much he drafted it twice.

Tennessee makes sense, but they're old school so probably not. Indy makes a lot of sense, but old white guys is what makes their wieners stand at attention. Atlanta would be a good fit.
    The Titans can run a zone option offense with Malik Willis, and get a top five pick next year. Indy needs to draft a QB after years of vet failures. Let's see if Steichen can develop Richardson like they did Hurts.

So yeah, Atlanta. Where he could be the new Vick. No reports of their interest, though.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The Titans can run a zone option offense with Malik Willis, and get a top five pick next year. Indy needs to draft a QB after years of vet failures. Let's see if Steichen can develop Richardson like they did Hurts.

So yeah, Atlanta. Where he could be the new Vick. No reports of their interest, though.
    The Titans still think they can win that division, and they need a QB to carry a bad offense.

Indy needs a real QB; it doesn’t matter how they get one.

New England would make sense, but Frown-Hood wants Chad Oenningtons.

Atlanta is built for a mobile QB right now.

Carolina doesn’t have a QB.

He fits well in modern football.

A big part of this crapola is collusion; lord knows the players have called it out.

He wouldn’t look bad in Pitt.

Adopted Bronco:

Carolina doesn’t have a QB.
    No, but it seems likely they'll draft one with the number one pick that they traded up for. And if Baltimore is willing to trade him to Pitt, then Pitt shouldn't want him. So, Atlanta it is.
    - John Elway

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah. Let's not and say we did.

He's painfully slow at 35 years old, and it'll be fun seeing you blow up when we take another safety with our first pick.

It’s going to happen, I’m telling you.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

No, but it seems likely they'll draft one with the number one pick that they traded up for. And if Baltimore is willing to trade him to Pitt, then Pitt shouldn't want him. So, Atlanta it is.
    Let him hand the ball off to a RB worth a damn and some WRs who don’t suck ass at their job.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It’s going to happen, I’m telling you.
    I know. And I love ya, dude. It's your reaction when we take a corner with the other third that I'm concerned about.
    - John Elway

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Lamar Jackson is a very good QB who has no idea about the business side of the NFL. HE cant squawk business then be mad when Baltimore is protecting its interest. Lamar is not a top 5 Qb today he isn't. He was during his MVP year but has since fallen off. Baltimore has also failed to develop or obtain WR help, and they love beat up injury prone RB's. Owners are colluding 100% here but who cares good for them. Bothers me none, in the same way Jackson asking for fully guaranteed bothers me none. The main issue here is Jackson with no agent and his mom f'ed up on their business side and he will pay the price plain and simple. You want out Lamar sign your tender, ask for 50 mil a year for 3 years with 125 Mil guaranteed and you will be a top 5 paid QB. The problem is no one will pay you what you think you deserve on a fully guaranteed deal because your last 2 years don't warrant it. Its that simple. No other ownership group is a stupid as Cleveland.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Lamar Jackson is a very good QB who has no idea about the business side of the NFL. HE cant squawk business then be mad when Baltimore is protecting its interest. Lamar is not a top 5 Qb today he isn't. He was during his MVP year but has since fallen off. Baltimore has also failed to develop or obtain WR help, and they love beat up injury prone RB's. Owners are colluding 100% here but who cares good for them. Bothers me none, in the same way Jackson asking for fully guaranteed bothers me none. The main issue here is Jackson with no agent and his mom f'ed up on their business side and he will pay the price plain and simple. You want out Lamar sign your tender, ask for 50 mil a year for 3 years with 125 Mil guaranteed and you will be a top 5 paid QB. The problem is no one will pay you what you think you deserve on a fully guaranteed deal because your last 2 years don't warrant it. Its that simple. No other ownership group is a stupid as Cleveland.
    I think it's kinda crappy they get to collude and dilute the QB market. A bunch of billionaires complaining they have to pay market value in a capped sport where they passively earn tons of cash is pretty hilarious...at least in a "this reality is so stupid you can't make this up" kind of way.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I think it's kinda crappy they get to collude and dilute the QB market. A bunch of billionaires complaining they have to pay market value in a capped sport where they passively earn tons of cash is pretty hilarious...at least in a "this reality is so stupid you can't make this up" kind of way.
    Fair but its not really market value IMO, his value has not only dropped due to his own induced and prevalent issues last 2 years but market value is Mahomes not Watson. Any agent would have filled Lamar in on this and informed him to ask for a lot of guaranteed but you want APY to match or exceed Mahomes or at least be top 5. What's really funny is now people are trying to blame Mahomes for Jackson lol. Jackson f'ed this up plain and simple. He was naďve and is naďve still to the Business side. Its great he wants a Watson contract, his own delusions are preventing him from be signed and playing for even another team right now. At this rate I would be shocked if he actually plays football next year. he wont even sign the tender because he is butt hurt it played out this way. If I was his agent I would have wanted a 3 or 4 year/150 or 200 mil deal with at least 60-70 percent guaranteed. Instead he and his mom said I want Watson money fully guaranteed and I want to be highest paid, when the entirety of the NFL said that's dumb and will never happen, get a agent.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

When I say market value I mean the going rate of the contract for QBs. At best the owners can try to nerd LJs so when Herbert and Burrow are up their deals, presuming they don’t take a discount/structure it tram friendly, are what LJ’s should/would have been.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Most of the pundits have said Atlanta is the most likely of places. But they were really pissed that Lamar quit on the team the last 8 games of the year as well and corrected people about Baltimore not doing anything to help Lamar. Virtually a lot of draft picks were for the offensive side of the ball to help Lamar Jokeson. Elway, Manning, Brady, etc could elevate lower tier players to play better but Lamar cant do that, especially with his inconsistency at passing the ball. Why is anyone going to pay a guy who cant do those things?

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

When I say market value I mean the going rate of the contract for QBs. At best the owners can try to nerd LJs so when Herbert and Burrow are up their deals, presuming they don’t take a discount/structure it tram friendly, are what LJ’s should/would have been.
    The problem with just allowing the market to get of control is the "Case Keesum" effect (Jaded term). Once you start allowing any QB to get those kinds of pay days its going to lead to bigger problems. Maybe Atlanta or some other club will pull a Cleveland and sign Lamar regardless but i dont blame them for not wanting to sign any scrubby doo to a huge contract especially after seeing what happened with Watson. Shit, if Russell doesnt improve next year you can add him to that list of scrubby doo's that didnt deserve a huge pay day.

Atlanta also publicly bowed out, and the titans have no money for him..the Pats just brought back Callahan to work with their QB,s in their system..

That leaves Indy, and Irsey said…no fully guaranteed contracts.

Teams could literally draft next month..and then make him an offer and their 2 1sts will be in 25. @26 and probably worse than the teams that are possible landing spots for him now.

24. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information