Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me on the New HC options. Who do we want and why?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

So how is this Aaron Glenn fellow?

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    He’s a former defensive back himself and a defensive back coach. He’s been around for a while, and quite frankly, I don’t know what is it about him you would want to consider for a head coaching job, given his work in Detroit as a defensive coordinator...

3. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He’s Vance Joseph v2.0
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He’s Vance Joseph v2.0
    Beat me to the punch

7. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He’s Vance Joseph v2.0
    Except he was a pretty darned good CB in the NFL for a number of years (3x pro bowler).

If it means anything, our offense had probably its best game of the season against his defense… so yeah, VJ 2.0.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    They fired Cully because Flores became available. Flores was the main reason Watson wanted Miami. Pretty sure your scenario is exactly how it’ll play out. None of those guys will be coming to Denver.

I’m scared that Paton will see Cousins as his best option to upgrade at QB.
    He was always sacrificial. The Texans have a garbage roster and they wanted a HC who wouldn't fight Caserio. Strangely, he actually did ok, Mills was surprisingly good for a rookie QB with a bad supporting roster, basically producing the same stats as Mac Jones did.

I think at the end of the day, Denver will end up with either Wilson or Ryan, realistically speaking

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Watson wants out. He will get out. No matter whom is their next HC.
    They just paid him a whole year's salary to quietly let allegations die/get settled under the table. I don't see it as irreparable.

I would be interested in Culley or Lovie Smith as an Assistant Head Coach, especially if we are bringing in another first year guy. Fangio looked overwhelmed and needed a true sounding board when it came to things like challenges and clock management. Organizations pay guys like Brad Childress and Caldwell to either sit in a booth and provide feedback to their coaches, consult, or formally help out with a position or side of the ball, I never understood why VJ or Fangio didn't have someone like this on their staff when they both sucked at the basics.

Adopted Bronco:

No clue if it's been posted somewhere in the 27 pages of this thread, but my philosophy is we hire Hackett. 8 teams with opening and only one of them is interviewing Luke Getsy. I believe that interview is really for the OC job that he would likely get with Hackett hired as the HC. Otherwise...why else interview Getsy?? Interview Hackett for HC...Getsy for OC and if hired, the path to Rodgers (who has publicly stated his admiration for both) is easier. Assuming Rodgers still wants to leave. Even if he doesn't, you still get a successful duo to work with any new or existing QB. One of which made Bortles look good.

To continue my boredom driven theory...I think the Mayo interview is for the DC gig.

14. The Following 9 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    No clue if it's been posted somewhere in the 27 pages of this thread, but my philosophy is we hire Hackett. 8 teams with opening and only one of them is interviewing Luke Getsy. I believe that interview is really for the OC job that he would likely get with Hackett hired as the HC. Otherwise...why else interview Getsy?? Interview Hackett for HC...Getsy for OC and if hired, the path to Rodgers (who has publicly stated his admiration for both) is easier. Assuming Rodgers still wants to leave. Even if he doesn't, you still get a successful duo to work with any new or existing QB. One of which made Bortles look good.

To continue my boredom driven theory...I think the Mayo interview is for the DC gig.
    Could be. It’s certainly a logical thought process. That said, I suppose it’s possible that Getsy could be an OC candidate paired with one of the other HC candidates.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

I’ve been diving into Mike McDaniels background, and had no idea that his entire career has been in the Mike Shanahan tree. In the NFL, he started as an intern under Shanny in 2005. Then followed Kubiak to Houston where he really learned the system. He then followed Kyle Shanahan to Washington to work for Shanny Sr. again as an O. Asst. and then WR’s coach.

Went to Browns with Kyle as WR coach, and then to Atlanta as an O Assistant. Then went to the Niners as running game coordinator for 4 straight years. This is his 1st year as OC. Does he call plays? I don’t think so, but maybe I’m wrong.

Bottom line, he absolutely should be interviewed to get his perspective, but he’s not going to get hired, imo. I would like to see him be a play caller for a couple of years before he is a serious candidate for HC, and the problem with him for OC is that Kyle would never let him go on a lateral move, nor should he.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

I’m good with this, but if it’s Hackett or any other offensive HC rookie, then on the defense I think you need an experienced DC, and maybe an ex-coach. If Quinn is the guy, then Meyo at DC is a great hire. You don’t want too many rookies at the most important coaching positions at the opposite side of the HC’s expertise. Lovie Smith? Not necessarily him, somebody like that. I hear that guy Vic Fangio is available.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hackett would be my number 2 behind Moore, I am concerned about the Aaron Rodgers effect in reverse though. It's hard for me to tease out his value since he's playing with house money.

I'd like your take on Moore though. I am concerned about his ability to be a head coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Hackett would be my number 2 behind Moore, I am concerned about the Aaron Rodgers effect in reverse though. It's hard for me to tease out his value since he's playing with house money.

I'd like your take on Moore though. I am concerned about his ability to be a head coach.
    Regarding Hackett, refer back to his work in Buffalo and Jacksonville, the latter in particular.

Regarding Moore, too young and too green for HC IMO.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

The one thing I did hear than made me go oh, interesting. Is that he did what he did with "no names" on the D. That he was able to get the most out of guys that's I've never heard of. They stayed competitive on a dismal year for them and won 3 games. Adam Schefter even said he's a dark horse, so his name is out there. I'm actually impressed that Paton wanted to talk to him to see what traits he has. I've heard strong leadership and I know that's a dirty word here after Vance, but true great leadership is hard to find.
    Getting Stoked

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information