Conversation Between Tned and Poet

25 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. I haven't read that, but will check it out. Obviously, I liked that he was conservative, but more so it was that I believe he believed in the law (too many on both side are activists) and in the constitution and took what he did very seriously.
  2. Scalia's dissent in Maryland v. King is one of the best things I ever read. My liberal friends hate that I defend him. I really did mourn his loss.
  3. You can't honestly say the cheese reference on election night when Wisconsin flips is subtle. It's not. You also skipped over a million other posters posting memes, which are pretty overt, as well as other people talking policy. Let's just call it what it is, you don't like my politics and you take exception to them. If I did the same thing but were on your side you wouldn't report it. And that's fine. As far as my posts being rants, they're not. If that's how you interpret and miss the humor and the passion, then that's not on me. I'm articulate for a living.

You essentially de facto said you wish I was banned. I promise you that your interpretation of what you said would be taken that way from just about everyone else.

As far as my argumentation -- I used to take the time to literally prove everything I said. Then disprove what others said. Typically from excellent sources and peer reviewed sources. The problem is that people can't deal with having their ideas challenged. I'm persuasive for a living. I have to craft argumentation and analysis that's used and referenced by attorneys and have even dealt with state senators and the like. It got to the point where I had to literally make the arguments for other people on the site. You can disagree with me and that's fine, but if we had to show up in places where actual logic and argumentation mattered, I'm going to be fine.

You have my truest agreement in regards to the last sentence.
  4. You accused me of being a drug abuser. You also didn't have a rebuttal when I pointed out that you didn't call out other posters for talking policy (which isn't P and R) per se, or the blatantly P and R posts that you liked or didn't mind seeing. If you recall, that's what I was getting at when I made the joke that you owed me an apology. Then you sent me a very rude PM saying that you wished I had been banned. So, with all due respect, and when I say that I do mean it, it started off as a joke and snowballed. I'm a real smart guy who picks people apart with details. You're quite zealous as well. So, all things considered we acknowledge this and keep going, or one of us can put the other on ignore.

I'm not going to take any excessive amount of blame on our back and forth. Neither are you.
  5. The thing is that posting you had me on ignore was a real dick move. If you didn't want to read my posts, putting me on ignore is fine. Posting the ignore message is really immature. Sorry, but it is.
  6. I had you on ignore for about a day or two. We'd be haggling over hours, literally.
  7. I've been on a mobile phone all day. I'll take a look when I get to a computer.
  8. I sent you a PM - not trying to harass you- but I know you told me you get a lot of PM's from the server.
  9. True, but other times, you find yourself in a position, through luck or other factors of good fortune, then the key is to make the most of it.
  10. For the most part, the good create their own luck.
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 25
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group