Conversation Between Poet and NightTrainLayne

38 Visitor Messages

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
  1. Now Mr.Layne I will remind you that my rebuttal was quite fierce! I miss you posting here man.
  2. I edited the attack in my post in the Zimmer thread. Sorry.
  3. I do admit that I did not see Elway play. I can only go off of what I've read, and what I've researched up.

Elway was a monster and honestly if they Bengals got him in his prime I would be pretty damn happy about it. It was a very good debate, as always.
  4. Sorry King, but you didn't see him play earlier in his career. He turned it over more often in a run first offense because he only got to throw it on 3rd and 9 when the first two runs had failed and he had to create a miracle. If he had played under Shula or Walsh in the NFL instead of Dan Reeves for his first 10 years his numbers would be quite a bit different.

You make your argument well King, but it's obvious that you didn't see the 80's version of the Broncos offense and how Elway pretty much had to do it all himself. Obviously, we have to agree to disagree. Well done.
  5. His numbers would look better, but they wouldn't be on Farve's level. The point of it is this; Brett Farve, while being a whiny spoiled child who is over-loved because he overcome an addiction to pain killers, was the better of the two at being a QB. Elway made more SBs and won more SBs. However, if that's the case then Montana or Brady would have to be considered better QBs. WInning means nothing to me in regards to an individual career, which is why I think Marino is the GOAT.

I think it's odd that Elway managed to turn the ball over more when he played in a more run first style of offense. Elway was worse at taking care of the ball than Farve was. Farve just threw the ball more, that's the only reason why his INTs are higher. The actual ratio proves me (in my mind) correct.
  6. Favre benefitted playing in the WCO virtually his entire career. The league changed, and turnover ratios are lower across the board. Elway played well prior to the WCO, and within the WCO lowering his turnover ratio significantly. Look what Griese did with the team after Elway retired. If Elway had stuck around for another couple of years ala Favre all his numbers would look better.

Not to mention, beating Favre when it counted in the SB.
  7. NTL, Elway has the same turnover ratio as Farve and Farve throws the ball much more. He is more accurate than Elway, and was the better pure QB. Elway was the better of the two when it came down to using his legs. That being said, Farve just dominated the game more than Elway ever could or would. IN fact, Elway statistically turns the ball more over per pass with a worse TD to INT ratio.

Elway has a strong argument for being the GOAT. I could never say that your point of contention is wrong, we just see it differently.
  8. You discount Favre's late-game fumbles too much. Just as bad as an interception, and he always seems to do it at an important point in a huge game.
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 38 of 38
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group