Poll: Watson or Rodgers

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

Thread: Watson or Rodgers

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    26,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    My pipe dream is still that Russell Wilson forces his way out of Seattle and ends up here. He's kinda the best of both worlds. Still young enough to have a decade or so of good play, Super Bowl winning pedigree, no concern for off-field issues. I'd take him over Rodgers or Watson if that became an option.
    And he's proven capable of playing well behind a shit Oline

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache
    Posts
    16,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You'd also be getting the motivated axe-murderer version of Rodgers. When he turns that one he's basically the best pure passer in league history: note this is totally subjective but it sure feels like he turns into a mobile Marino at times.
    Exactly. Give me an pissed off elite QB with something to prove coming off an MVP year over Watson coming off serious allegations. Who knows where Watson's head is going to be this season IF he's not suspended? Dude is poison right now. Give me a 1-3 window of hope with Rodgers, I could die before Watson figures it out.

  3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:


  4. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Even if you take out all the legal stuff, this is still a tough call. Watson is younger and obviously gives you a longer window. But with the team we have right now that is stacked everywhere but QB, it's hard not to go with the guy who has won a Super Bowl and is coming off an MVP season. Even if his window here is only 3 years, I'd like our chances better to win a Super Bowl in that window than with Watson. Watson has all the talent in the world and I'd love to have a player like that here, but his style of play does lend itself to more injury risk and he's never won a thing. Neither of those would make me not want him here as a player, but I think I'd lean toward maxing our current potential with Rodgers, and figure out what we do after him when that time comes.
    This is where im at truthfully.

    Rodgers is just far more postseason tested than Watson is and has already won a SB. So he's been there/done that. Watson could get to that point but if im looking to win now im going with Rodgers. Watson to me is still a bit of a uncertain at this point when it comes to the postseason. I would be fine if we got Watson as he is a clear upgrade to Lock but if you are making me choose who i think will get us to the dance first and win it would be Rodgers all day long.

  5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:


  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You'd also be getting the motivated axe-murderer version of Rodgers. When he turns that one he's basically the best pure passer in league history: note this is totally subjective but it sure feels like he turns into a mobile Marino at times.
    He did it last year by having one of his best seasons ever after they drafted Love.

  7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:


  8. #20
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    The Peg
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Chose Rodgers, even assuming the best possibility for Watson. Pre allegations I might go Watson. But there's more to this than that. As has been mentioned Rodgers can get a SB quicker, even this year. I believe it's the Manning/Brady effect. Folks are still unsure what they can really do for a new team, and it quickly becomes clear why they are HoFers. Rodgers is the wrong dude to tick off, because he seems to run on "chip on your shoulder" adrenaline. Who'd think he would win another MVP this season?

    But if Watson is less guilty than many think, he does have that good football side, in terms of proven performance and years left to play.

    Give me Rodgers! We want a crown soon!!

    Good poll!! BTW if Watson gets cleared this could be like an insurance policy situation. We go for Rodgers, and plan B might be Watson.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-06-2021 at 01:54 PM.

  9. The Following 2 Users High Fived CanDB For This Post:


  10. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    He did it last year by having one of his best seasons ever after they drafted Love.
    48 TD's, 5 INTs, 70% completions. With his mobility and playmaking ability, as well as his mind, his play was commensurate with Brady/Manning's record breaking TD seasons.

    Imagine being an organization so complacent they never give that guy an all-star cast.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: when it comes to actually being on the field and playing QB, no one's better. We can argue legacy and postseason and all that stuff. But I've never seen a QB actually play the position better.

  11. The Following 9 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:


  12. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    26,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    48 TD's, 5 INTs, 70% completions. With his mobility and playmaking ability, as well as his mind, his play was commensurate with Brady/Manning's record breaking TD seasons.

    Imagine being an organization so complacent they never give that guy an all-star cast.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: when it comes to actually being on the field and playing QB, no one's better. We can argue legacy and postseason and all that stuff. But I've never seen a QB actually play the position better.
    Hard to argue with any of this. The thing that always baffles me is that his arm strength at 37 is pretty much the same it was at 24.

  13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  14. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Hard to argue with any of this. The thing that always baffles me is that his arm strength at 37 is pretty much the same it was at 24.
    He is a freak.

  15. #24
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    The Peg
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    48 TD's, 5 INTs, 70% completions. With his mobility and playmaking ability, as well as his mind, his play was commensurate with Brady/Manning's record breaking TD seasons.

    Imagine being an organization so complacent they never give that guy an all-star cast.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: when it comes to actually being on the field and playing QB, no one's better. We can argue legacy and postseason and all that stuff. But I've never seen a QB actually play the position better.
    There are a lot of folks who will agree with you. I love the way Rodgers plays the game. And when he was more mobile, he was so hard to contain. But even though he can not motor like he once could, he is still elusive enough, while using his intellect and arm to make something happen. As good as Brady is, I always found Rodgers to be the guy you'd prefer on a weaker O.

  16. The Following User High Fived CanDB For This Post:


  17. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    There are a lot of folks who will agree with you. I love the way Rodgers plays the game. And when he was more mobile, he was so hard to contain. But even though he can not motor like he once could, he is still elusive enough, while using his intellect and arm to make something happen. As good as Brady is, I always found Rodgers to be the guy you'd prefer on a weaker O.
    Rodgers has done more with less than Brady on a personal level. That's undisputable.

  18. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


  19. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    15,964

    Default

    Arm strength is usually the last thing to go.

    Peyton's arm strength itself wasn't the issue. He had no platform to get the push he needed behind is throws, because of his bad foot and hips, let alone his knees, so his throws were bad.

    Like Elway in 1998. As broken down as he was, he still had an awesome fastball even then and np throwing deep.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  20. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner
    Posts
    38,696

    Default

    I'll take the guy who doesn't look like a creeping scumbag for 200, please, Alex.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  21. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  22. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Rock with Lock
    Posts
    42,049

    Default

    These polls always remind me I need to reach out to that dirtbag. Haven't talked to him in forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    But what do I know, my opinion is just stupid and worthless!

  23. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  24. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    24,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Chose Rodgers, even assuming the best possibility for Watson. Pre allegations I might go Watson. But there's more to this than that. As has been mentioned Rodgers can get a SB quicker, even this year. I believe it's the Manning/Brady effect. Folks are still unsure what they can really do for a new team, and it quickly becomes clear why they are HoFers. Rodgers is the wrong dude to tick off, because he seems to run on "chip on your shoulder" adrenaline. Who'd think he would win another MVP this season?

    But if Watson is less guilty than many think, he does have that good football side, in terms of proven performance and years left to play.

    Give me Rodgers! We want a crown soon!!

    Good poll!! BTW if Watson gets cleared this could be like an insurance policy situation. We go for Rodgers, and plan B might be Watson.

    Inspired by you sir!
     
    made you look haha

  25. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:


  26. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    11,123

    Default

    The only thing that worries me about Rodgers is giving up a ton of stuff to get him then having him play a season or two, reaching the playoffs, but not quite getting to the SB and having conflicts between him and Shurmur or whatever and then him just retiring after a year or two after all we gave up to get him. I mean last season, even with Drew Lock not playing as well as hoped, was awful with injuries. If we get Rodgers, wouldn’t it suck to have the same bad luck with injuries again this year and barely squeak into the playoffs to get bounced by a healthy squad? Then Rodgers says, “screw this, thanks for the twilight season” and rolls out after giving up 3 1sts and a top player?

    At least with Watson, you know that you will have him (at least in availability) for a decade or more. I know I wouldn’t want to have to make the decision on this. My heart says Rodgers is the better pick, my gut says Watson.


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group