Poll: What position broncos picking in the first round

Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 1404

Thread: 2021 Broncos Draft Thread: 04/29/21-05/01/21

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner
    Posts
    38,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I hope Surtain doesn’t take that long to pay off.
    two years. . . the crying this season is gonna be annoying, though. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  3. #542
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    48,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    stop, you're embarrassing yourself. . .

    No, it's great content!
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  4. #543
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    48,432

    Default

    If I'm being honest the Surtain pick leaves me a little flaccid. Nice player, will be a good fit, but if you'd told me before the draft Fields and Jones would fall to us and we'd take neither, I'd have thought you were insane. Guess we gotta hope Lock pans out or we can snag Rodgers. It feels fairly hopeless being uncertain at QB and staring down the barrel of a decade plus of Mahomes and Herbert in the division, but Paton has knocked everything so far out of the park this offseason I'll trust his judgement for now.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  6. #544
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If I'm being honest the Surtain pick leaves me a little flaccid. Nice player, will be a good fit, but if you'd told me before the draft Fields and Jones would fall to us and we'd take neither, I'd have thought you were insane. Guess we gotta hope Lock pans out or we can snag Rodgers. It feels fairly hopeless being uncertain at QB and staring down the barrel of a decade plus of Mahomes and Herbert in the division, but Paton has knocked everything so far out of the park this offseason I'll trust his judgement for now.
    Yes. Hopeless. And the Pats get their QB.

    Not a good night. Denver still has the worst QB in the AFC West and it's not close.

  7. #545
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    48,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Yes. Hopeless. And the Pats get their QB.

    Not a good night.
    The Pats and Bears have been two of the worst drafting teams of the last decade, so the fact that those are the two teams that scooped up those two QBs does make me feel better about not getting them.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  8. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  9. #546

    Default

    Lol man I can’t wait for the new bronco bloood tomorrow! Great night adding Surtain!

    Drew Lock all eyes on you my boy! And knowing the mentality you have I’m sure your embracing it and putting in the work to show all these doubters that you get the last laugh as you set the league on fire...... then they’ll say well you have so many weapons it’s hard not to succeed so get ready for that!

  10. #547
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dalton Risner
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Lol man I can’t wait for the new bronco bloood tomorrow! Great night adding Surtain!

    Drew Lock all eyes on you my boy! And knowing the mentality you have I’m sure your embracing it and putting in the work to show all these doubters that you get the last laugh as you set the league on fire...... then they’ll say well you have so many weapons it’s hard not to succeed so get ready for that!
    How mad will you be if Kellen Mond is the round 2 pick?

  11. #548
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    48,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Lol man I can’t wait for the new bronco bloood tomorrow! Great night adding Surtain!

    Drew Lock all eyes on you my boy! And knowing the mentality you have I’m sure your embracing it and putting in the work to show all these doubters that you get the last laugh as you set the league on fire...... then they’ll say well you have so many weapons it’s hard not to succeed so get ready for that!
    I can't tell if you're Drew Lock's agent, girlfriend, or parent. Your level of fanboying over him is creepy.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  12. #549
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Lol man I can’t wait for the new bronco bloood tomorrow! Great night adding Surtain!

    Drew Lock all eyes on you my boy! And knowing the mentality you have I’m sure your embracing it and putting in the work to show all these doubters that you get the last laugh as you set the league on fire...... then they’ll say well you have so many weapons it’s hard not to succeed so get ready for that!
    2 losses to Mahomes, 2 losses to Herbert, split the games with the Raiders at best. Loss to Dallas, Steelers. Ravens, Browns. The Bengals - another loss IMO. WFT a toss up.

    Every one of those teams I called a loss has a superior QB.

    6-10 is my prediction. Should be amazing.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 04-30-2021 at 12:10 AM.

  13. #550
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    11,158

    Default

    Welcome to the Broncos, Patrick Surtain! I hope you live up to your family name and bring elite coverage skills and attitude to the Broncos. Your dad and Sam Madison were the truth for the Dolphins. A Deadly duo. Combined with Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas, that Dolphins defense was great.

    Now, on to other things. Am I happy about the pick? Sure, we got a talented player where he was projected to go. It was kinda a letdown after all the excitement about Rodgers, though. I was so hoping to see the Green Bay logo pop up while we were on the clock. I was so giddy with excitement with all the stories flying around from Logan, Schlereth, Albright, etc about the deal being pretty much done. It kinda ruined the night for me when we didn’t land him. Oh well, I’m seeing articles that the Pack is coming to grips with the fact that they need to trade him and we’re the #1 potential spot. Damn that would be sweet.

    On to tomorrow, I’m really hoping we can get JOK or Moerig (my top two hopes for day 2). I’m not overly strong on this year’s class but I love the pop and athleticism that JOK brings. We need a guy like him to play a robber type role in our defense or carry a TE down the seam.


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  14. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:


  15. #551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    How mad will you be if Kellen Mond is the round 2 pick?
    I’d support him on his journey of being kicked around by the fan base 19 games into his development because that’s definitely what he’ll be as a 2nd round quarterback is a development guy..... he wouldn’t be ready to play right away so lock would still start.

    Only people who truly don’t have a clue could think patons plan was to pass on this all world fields guy you all are crying about just to take a developmental player in round 2 when you could have had the GUY at 9? That’s absurd the broncos may take a quarterback somewhere but I’m sure from patons own words the main missing ingredient was having a decent back up veteran who knows the system.

  16. #552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    who graded us an a? (i'm not doubting you, i'm just curious, because i haven't seen it)
    cbs

  17. #553
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner
    Posts
    38,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    How mad will you be if Kellen Mond is the round 2 pick?
    not as mad as i am. . .



    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Welcome to the Broncos, Patrick Surtain! I hope you live up to your family name and bring elite coverage skills and attitude to the Broncos. Your dad and Sam Madison were the truth for the Dolphins. A Deadly duo. Combined with Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas, that Dolphins defense was great.

    Now, on to other things. Am I happy about the pick? Sure, we got a talented player where he was projected to go. It was kinda a letdown after all the excitement about Rodgers, though. I was so hoping to see the Green Bay logo pop up while we were on the clock. I was so giddy with excitement with all the stories flying around from Logan, Schlereth, Albright, etc about the deal being pretty much done. It kinda ruined the night for me when we didn’t land him. Oh well, I’m seeing articles that the Pack is coming to grips with the fact that they need to trade him and we’re the #1 potential spot. Damn that would be sweet.
    (although champ was the real DPOY in '05)

    rodgers was never gonna happen overnight. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  18. #554
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,551

    Default

    I remember when Denver passed on Stephen Jackson.

    This is worse. A corner after acquiring 2 veteran starters in the offseason.

    B-, C+, C-, C-, B

    https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/2...-day-1-grades/
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 04-30-2021 at 12:55 AM.

  19. #555
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Roby
    Posts
    904

    Default

    I really want an OT in the 2nd round. We saw what happened to Lock when we had poor o-line depth and Juwaun James can’t be trusted to stay healthy for 8 games, let alone a 17 game season. Lock needs everything to be perfect so he can be evaluated with no asterisks. Hoping that Jenkins slips but I doubt it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2021 Draft Thread
    By MOtorboat in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 1192
    Last Post: 06-03-2021, 06:18 PM
  2. Assassin's 2021 Mock Draft
    By SmilinAssasSin27 in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2021, 02:27 PM
  3. 2020-2021 College Basketball Thread
    By Northman in forum High School and College
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2021, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group