Page 86 of 114 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1710

Thread: Off Season Moves

  1. #1276
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner
    Posts
    38,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Don't count out a Bridgewater draft day trade
    oh HELL no! if paton gives up assets for the "privilege" of paying twenty million dollars to a low-upside, captain checkdown journeyman who was still barely better than a 1:1 TD:INT ratio last year, he needs his head examined. . . now, if they release him and we can sign him to a reasonable contract, then cool cool-- he's an ideal backup / mentor / spot starter who can push the young guy type. . . but if we're talking about a trade, they better be giving us picks to take that contract, not the other way around. . . if we're trading for a vet and his contract, give me minshew for peanuts over teddy all day, err day. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  2. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  3. #1277
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz
    Posts
    39,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh HELL no! if paton gives up assets for the "privilege" of paying twenty million dollars to a low-upside, captain checkdown journeyman who was still barely better than a 1:1 TD:INT ratio last year, he needs his head examined. . . now, if they release him and we can sign him to a reasonable contract, then cool cool-- he's an ideal backup / mentor / spot starter who can push the young guy type. . . but if we're talking about a trade, they better be giving us picks to take that contract, not the other way around. . . if we're trading for a vet and his contract, give me minshew for peanuts over teddy all day, err day. . .
    No way we'd take on his current contract. I think it's more likely he just gets cut. But also possible Carolina would absorb some of it to move him.

  4. #1278
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    26,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh HELL no! if paton gives up assets for the "privilege" of paying twenty million dollars to a low-upside, captain checkdown journeyman who was still barely better than a 1:1 TD:INT ratio last year, he needs his head examined. . . now, if they release him and we can sign him to a reasonable contract, then cool cool-- he's an ideal backup / mentor / spot starter who can push the young guy type. . . but if we're talking about a trade, they better be giving us picks to take that contract, not the other way around. . . if we're trading for a vet and his contract, give me minshew for peanuts over teddy all day, err day. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    No way we'd take on his current contract. I think it's more likely he just gets cut. But also possible Carolina would absorb some of it to move him.
    Carolina would definitely absorb some...but NO team...including Denver is going to do the trade at all unless he agrees to a pay cut. Now, he can sit around and just wait to be cut, but then he's taking leftovers instead of controlling the dollars he can make.

  5. #1279
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    28,056

    Default

    Bridgewater is another name I'm fine with as a warm body in the QB room. Him and Minshew. Really any tier 2 like him or Minshew is a warm body that doesn't move the needle. It comes down to Lock's performance this year. Minshew or Bridgy could be lightning in a bottle for a hot moment if the D is stiff and they just need a solid captain at the tiller.

    Personally, I need to see 25+ TDs and >2:1 TD/int in 16 games to think he's a project worth continuing. If he's 30+ and 2:1, he should def get a contract. Then in a perfect world, he massively outperforms that 2d contract and we have first-world problems.

    I've been a Lock believer this whole time, but I have to admit, if money was at stake, this moment I might bet against his long-term chances as starter. I'm not sure why this change--maybe it was Lindsay calling him a slacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  7. #1280
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,246

    Default

    Give me one ... ONE ... Good reason why you would want any other QB than Lock or a draft pick?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  8. #1281
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Bridgewater is another name I'm fine with as a warm body in the QB room. Him and Minshew. Really any tier 2 like him or Minshew is a warm body that doesn't move the needle. It comes down to Lock's performance this year. Minshew or Bridgy could be lightning in a bottle for a hot moment if the D is stiff and they just need a solid captain at the tiller.

    Personally, I need to see 25+ TDs and >2:1 TD/int in 16 games to think he's a project worth continuing. If he's 30+ and 2:1, he should def get a contract. Then in a perfect world, he massively outperforms that 2d contract and we have first-world problems.

    I've been a Lock believer this whole time, but I have to admit, if money was at stake, this moment I might bet against his long-term chances as starter. I'm not sure why this change--maybe it was Lindsay calling him a slacker.
    Ya think Fredrick f\ucking Chopin would be an “Name” today if he said “**** it! Let’s see what we have in Garbage Minshew”?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  9. #1282
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I think Paton is more interested in upgrading Case Rypien then Lock at his point. I think we are smoke screening the crap out of this to entice a trade in our favor. If Fields or Lance is at 9 it wouldn't shock me to see us draft them, but I think we trade back this draft or stay put and take the guy we want for T, LB or CB. I think Lock will get his chance for the year and his backup will be a 3-5th rd. pick who probably beat out Case Rypien in training camp for number 2 duties. Someone like Mond or Newman for example. If we miss out on a upgrade for Case Rypien that's where I can see us looking back into the cheap vet FA pool. I Don't like Minshew but its hard to argue he isn't a upgrade over Case Rypien as a back up.
    I could argue all day long that Rypien is a better prospect than Garbage Minshew ... well!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  10. #1283
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Bridgewater, Minshew and/or rookie feels like where we're at.
    Stafford, Watson, Lock, Minshew; one of these things just don’t belong ... and it’s not Stafford, Watson or Lock.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  11. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  12. #1284
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    28,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Give me one ... ONE ... Good reason why you would want any other QB than Lock or a draft pick?
    If it turned out Watson was the victim of the biggest prank in history...then yeah, he's not a draft pick and not Lock but is a QB I would want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  14. #1285
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    28,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Ya think Fredrick f\ucking Chopin would be an “Name” today if he said “**** it! Let’s see what we have in Garbage Minshew”?
    Maybe. Chopin's arm length wasn't much to write home about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  16. #1286
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    8,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I could argue all day long that Rypien is a better prospect than Garbage Minshew ... well!
    Your Judgement would be clouded then, and not based in Science.....Not the jaded I know
    2021 Broncos Lets Go!

  17. #1287
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    8,373

    Default

    I would take Bortles over Minshew LFG
    2021 Broncos Lets Go!

  18. #1288
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    48,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Ya think Fredrick f\ucking Chopin would be an “Name” today if he said “**** it! Let’s see what we have in Garbage Minshew”?
    I don't ever want to see you get pissy at someone for criticizing Lock ever again. And I mean ever. Because if you believed in him whatsoever, you wouldn't be having such a weeks long hissy fit over a potential BACKUP quarterback for him. You obviously don't believe in Lock either if you're so concerned that "Garbage Minshew" would beat him out.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  19. #1289
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    26,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Give me one ... ONE ... Good reason why you would want any other QB than Lock or a draft pick?
    If it costs too much to trade up for the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft (it will) and we want solid competition for Lock and/or someone that can come in and manage a game if he gets hurt (again), then I would want a veteran on the sideline that is capable of at least average play. That way it would be a seamless transition from the average play we've been getting so far.

  20. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  21. #1290
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Maybe. Chopin's arm length wasn't much to write home about.
    Well done!

    Holy shitballz ... nice!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jaded For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Broncos' Pat Bowlen high on off-season moves, but more work to be done
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 10:40 AM
  2. Broncos WR Eddie Royal moves on from trying season
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group