Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1187

Thread: 2021 Draft Thread

  1. #1126
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    12,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Smith > Meinarz

    And that’s no slight on Meinarz.

    It’s the medicals.
    Which sucks because the blood clots were 3 years ago. He's played at a high level since...even through covid. Feel bad for the kid.

  2. #1127
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Which sucks because the blood clots were 3 years ago. He's played at a high level since...even through covid. Feel bad for the kid.
    Yeah, he’s proved that they have a handle on his medicals. I wouldn’t have been so opposed to drafting him as I was about Meinarz because Smith can fill in at T and fare better than Elijah Wilkinson.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  3. #1128
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    12,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yeah, he’s proved that they have a handle on his medicals. I wouldn’t have been so opposed to drafting him as I was about Meinarz because Smith can fill in at T and fare better than Elijah Wilkinson.
    At this point, I still would. I may be a homer, but it would be a no risk take at this point

  4. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:


  5. #1129
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    At this point, I still would. I may be a homer, but it would be a no risk take at this point
    Like I said, I’d think he’s better than the one they got, sign me up.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  6. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  7. #1130
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,091

    Default

    Smith Went to the ******* Chefs in the 6th, they got another Will Shields.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  8. #1131
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    12,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Smith Went to the ******* Chefs in the 6th, they got another Will Shields.
    And he's pissed off too. Gun be nasty

  9. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:


  10. #1132
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    8,289

    Default

    I finally got to leave my local town after Italian restrictions eased from covid and go do something, so I missed Friday and Saturday of the draft. I am happy with this draft though.

    Surtain- B+ (Very good pick, Fills a need, Impact player, was it our biggest need though, not sure hence no A from me)
    Williams- B (Another good pick, Impact player day 1, but I Don't like 1st or 2nd rd. Rb's from a value perspective, but he does have low mileage so its a pretty good pick overall)
    Quinn Meinerz- B (This dude destroyed elite talent at the Senior bowl practices, good value good and versatility. Cush, risner and Glasgow all underwhelmed last year, so I like it, but seemed a bit redundant to go interior OL over T)
    Baron Browning- A+ (Absolutely stoked about the pick, and Value. Jewell will go back to where he belongs as a spot starter)
    Caden Sterns- A (if he stays healthy this a absolute steal in value. We needed Depth at S, so for me excellent pick)
    Jamar Jonson- B (very good value, not a great tackler and a bit of a Redundant pick again)
    Seth Williams- A (He has a good chance for some impact, excellent value. Hopefully he beats out Hamilton and pushes Hamler and Jeudy to start catching the ball)
    Kary Vincent- A (Like the pick, amazing value, CB depth is important in Fangio's scheme, OJ a wildcard and Bassey coming of ACL)
    Johnathan Cooper- B+ (Good pick to develop as a pass rusher, never can have enough, good value)
    Marquis Spencer- A (Another good depth pick at excellent value)

    Overall- B

    Overall I'm pretty good with this draft. I believe in Lock so I'm fine with passing on QB, I think we addressed some serious need and depth issues at LB and CB with excellent value, addressed some depth at S, the OL and DL without reaching, and got ourselves a luxury in Williams at RB and Williams at WR with great value. I question a bit of redundancy at safety and interior OL, but depth is important, and we have wanted upgrades on special teams as well. I think Paton has done well to stack the team without making any head scratching picks. I also like some guys have been put on notice by some of the picks at S (Trey Marshall) WR(Hamilton, Hamler) OL (Cushenberry, Glasgow), some of those guys picked should have gone earlier then they did and project to be starters in the NFL. So some of our guys need to step-up or they will get replaced and I like that after the depth issues we have had. One big thing I didn't like was passing on OT. I just have zero faith in James at this point regardless of what he says, and we don't really have a good swing tackle at the moment. I heard we have interest in bringing back Dotson which would soften the lack of a T for me, but I think we failed in not addressing that in the first 3 rd's. I'm fine with the OL we did take as I wasn't a fan of Cush or Glasgow and their play at all last year. But for me though....why not take a very good T in rd 2 over a RB we can find anywhere. I Like Williams he is a stud, but RB's for me are a dime a dozen and don't need to be paid a premium ever lol.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 05-03-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    2021 Broncos Lets Go!

  11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:


  12. #1133
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti
    Posts
    2,292

  13. #1134
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    26,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Not a big fan of the 6'8"...6'9" offensive linemen. If I'm an edge rusher at 6'3", 6'4", I know I'm getting up underneath him every time...and when you look at the negatives in his profile...Lacks blocking balance and is on the ground too much. Lacks footwork off the edge...it's obvious this has been the case.

    We'll see what happens, but my expectations are not very high

  14. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  15. #1135
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    26,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yeah, he’s proved that they have a handle on his medicals. I wouldn’t have been so opposed to drafting him as I was about Meinarz because Smith can fill in at T and fare better than Elijah Wilkinson.
    Why are we convinced he can play tackle? I like Smith, but he plays very stiff and has limited footwork. I don't see him handling quicker edge guys very well at all. Not the most athletic guy, so I see him doing better in a power running scheme. Will be interesting to see how much field time he gets in KC.

    Again...I like Smith, but I like Meinerz better. Regardless of the medicals.

  16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  17. #1136
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Why are we convinced he can play tackle? I like Smith, but he plays very stiff and has limited footwork. I don't see him handling quicker edge guys very well at all. Not the most athletic guy, so I see him doing better in a power running scheme. Will be interesting to see how much field time he gets in KC.

    Again...I like Smith, but I like Meinerz better. Regardless of the medicals.
    In my defense I said he could fill in and fair better than Wilkinson, I wouldn’t draft him to be a T anymore than I’d draft Meinerz to be a C ... they’re both G’s.

    I don’t have anything against Redneck Heaven but it’s Smith all day long.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  18. #1137
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Not a big fan of the 6'8"...6'9" offensive linemen. If I'm an edge rusher at 6'3", 6'4", I know I'm getting up underneath him every time...and when you look at the negatives in his profile...Lacks blocking balance and is on the ground too much. Lacks footwork off the edge...it's obvious this has been the case.

    We'll see what happens, but my expectations are not very high
    He’s a Villanueva project, swing T.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  19. #1138
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I finally got to leave my local town after Italian restrictions eased from covid and go do something, so I missed Friday and Saturday of the draft. I am happy with this draft though.

    Surtain- B+ (Very good pick, Fills a need, Impact player, was it our biggest need though, not sure hence no A from me)
    Williams- B (Another good pick, Impact player day 1, but I Don't like 1st or 2nd rd. Rb's from a value perspective, but he does have low mileage so its a pretty good pick overall)
    Quinn Meinerz- B (This dude destroyed elite talent at the Senior bowl practices, good value good and versatility. Cush, risner and Glasgow all underwhelmed last year, so I like it, but seemed a bit redundant to go interior OL over T)
    Baron Browning- A+ (Absolutely stoked about the pick, and Value. Jewell will go back to where he belongs as a spot starter)
    Caden Sterns- A (if he stays healthy this a absolute steal in value. We needed Depth at S, so for me excellent pick)
    Jamar Jonson- B (very good value, not a great tackler and a bit of a Redundant pick again)
    Seth Williams- A (He has a good chance for some impact, excellent value. Hopefully he beats out Hamilton and pushes Hamler and Jeudy to start catching the ball)
    Kary Vincent- A (Like the pick, amazing value, CB depth is important in Fangio's scheme, OJ a wildcard and Bassey coming of ACL)
    Johnathan Cooper- B+ (Good pick to develop as a pass rusher, never can have enough, good value)
    Marquis Spencer- A (Another good depth pick at excellent value)

    Overall- B

    Overall I'm pretty good with this draft. I believe in Lock so I'm fine with passing on QB, I think we addressed some serious need and depth issues at LB and CB with excellent value, addressed some depth at S, the OL and DL without reaching, and got ourselves a luxury in Williams at RB and Williams at WR with great value. I question a bit of redundancy at safety and interior OL, but depth is important, and we have wanted upgrades on special teams as well. I think Paton has done well to stack the team without making any head scratching picks. I also like some guys have been put on notice by some of the picks at S (Trey Marshall) WR(Hamilton, Hamler) OL (Cushenberry, Glasgow), some of those guys picked should have gone earlier then they did and project to be starters in the NFL. So some of our guys need to step-up or they will get replaced and I like that after the depth issues we have had. One big thing I didn't like was passing on OT. I just have zero faith in James at this point regardless of what he says, and we don't really have a good swing tackle at the moment. I heard we have interest in bringing back Dotson which would soften the lack of a T for me, but I think we failed in not addressing that in the first 3 rd's. I'm fine with the OL we did take as I wasn't a fan of Cush or Glasgow and their play at all last year. But for me though....why not take a very good T in rd 2 over a RB we can find anywhere. I Like Williams he is a stud, but RB's for me are a dime a dozen and don't need to be paid a premium ever lol.
    Cooper has long odds to ever be a legit pass rusher, he’s going to have to be schemed like Malik Reed, imo.

    There were 3 to 4 T’s taken in the 4th round with starter potential, drafting Meinerz was pointless.

    It’s funny, when some fans are talking up Bridgewater they tell the rest of us how much better Lock had it than Teddy did, and that included the OL ... now that there’s New Man-Crush smell in the air that OL wasn’t all that good. How convenient.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  20. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  21. #1139
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    8,289

    Default

    we should have drafted a tackle in rd 2 or 3 like most of us wanted.....
    2021 Broncos Lets Go!

  22. #1140
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    26,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    we should have drafted a tackle in rd 2 or 3 like most of us wanted.....
    I think the dilemma here is that if you draft a OT in 2 or 3...and James is NOT injured...then you have a high draft pick that won't contribute to a 5-11 team. If you get one later in the draft, then they aren't ready to step in immediately. It's a bit of a conundrum for a GM that is saddled with the unknown that comes with the James situation.

  23. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group