Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1161

Thread: 2021 Draft Thread

  1. #856
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    47,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I didn't click so maybe it said, but why?
    I didn't read it either but my guess would be that since the NCAA granted every player, even seniors, an extra year of eligibility this year you had a lot of players just go back to school to try to improve their draft stock. Probably a lot of the guys who would have been UDFA.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  3. #857
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    11,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I didn't read it either but my guess would be that since the NCAA granted every player, even seniors, an extra year of eligibility this year you had a lot of players just go back to school to try to improve their draft stock. Probably a lot of the guys who would have been UDFA.
    Probably. Especially seeing as how there are only 259 picks in the draft (37 of those are compensatory). That leaves almost 2/3 of the guys who declared as UDFAs, which is still less than normal, but if you were a guy who was seen as a late round pick anyway and then maybe opted out or got your season cancelled for 2020, going back to school made much more sense.


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  4. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:


  5. #858
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    The NCAA should allow undrafted early entrants back into their scholarship going forward, it’s a great idea that’s long overdue.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  7. #859
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    11,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The NCAA should allow undrafted early entrants back into their scholarship going forward, it’s a great idea that’s long overdue.
    I have no idea how the NCAA and scholarship programs work for guys and eligibility but I don’t see anything wrong with this. I mean if they’ll let guys like Chris Weinke come back from playing pro baseball to be a scholarship football player, why not?


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  8. #860
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I have no idea how the NCAA and scholarship programs work for guys and eligibility but I don’t see anything wrong with this. I mean if they’ll let guys like Chris Weinke come back from playing pro baseball to be a scholarship football player, why not?
    Absolutely.

    There’s 20-or-so early entrants that go undrafted in some drafts, the schools should still be able to decide if the player gets his scholarship back but there are plenty of other schools that could really use that player.

    CU Buffs comes to mind.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  9. #861
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  10. #862
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Bears are reportedly calling to move up for a QB.

    Would you take 20 and 53 to give up the 9?
    Yes I would entertain but counter with wanting 20 and 53 plus future 2nd and 4th if they really want a QB they shouldn't blink.....plus we have the leverage in that scenario.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 04-19-2021 at 02:16 AM.
    2021 Broncos Lets Go!

  11. #863
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    11,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Yes I would entertain but counter with wanting 20 and 53 plus future 2nd and 4th if they really want a QB they shouldn't blink.....plus we have the leverage in that scenario.
    I’d rather have 20 and next year’s first. If Lock strikes out we have ammo to move up for his replacement.


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  12. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:


  13. #864
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    26,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’d rather have 20 and next year’s first. If Lock strikes out we have ammo to move up for his replacement.
    Agreed. Moving up 11 spots to a top 10 pick should include next years 1st.

  14. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  15. #865
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner
    Posts
    38,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Bold strategy, Cotton.

    Seriously, I’m down with any scenario that doesn’t include Case Rypien Jones at 9.

    I love Lock and would love nothing more than letting him develop ... but Fields? Yo, Dog! Dog, yo?
    he looks like a serious talent, for sure. . . if he happens to be there @ 9 and we take him, i ain't gonna be mad about it. . . i'd still rather add a blue chip talent like sewell or parsons, though-- my preference would be getting one of them if we can, or trading back. . . i still think we should make a legit effort to develop lock-- and if shurmur can't do it, i don't love the idea of giving him another draft pick to muck up, or forcing yet another young QB to learn multiple systems his first couple of years in the league. . . i'm fairly convinced that the smartest plan is to see what happens with drew this year, then start over with a new HC / OC combo along with a rookie QB next year if it doesn't work out. . .


    honestly, i'm almost half serious saying this-- if they do draft fields (or lance), they may as well just get it over with, bite the bullet, and fire fangio now. . . go get brian daboll (or joe brady, or leftwich) as HC, and see if you can get doug pederson as assistant HC/offense for a year or two. . . you could keep donatell as the DC to keep some continuity on that side of the ball-- might even be able to bring fangio back after he gets over the butthurt, because no one else is giving him a head coaching job. . . i'm just pretty much dead set against spending a high pick on a QB, then putting him on our retarded-ass OC merry-go-round. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  16. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  17. #866
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    12,247

  18. #867
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dalton Risner
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Broncos have talked about trading up with the Falcons for Trey Lance or Justin Fields

    "Paton would be able to draft Fields or Lance (but not Jones) if they surrendered 2021’s No. 1, a third-round pick and ‘22’s No. 1, while receiving ‘21’s No. 4 and a fifth-round pick (Atlanta has three) in return"

    https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...-justin-fields

    I love that all these "insiders" and "sources" are constantly contradicting each other. It means Patton is keeping things tight. No one has any clue what we are going to do, and it's going to make the draft that much more fun.

    Unless we draft Mac Jones

  19. The Following 4 Users High Fived kenoy28 For This Post:


  20. #868
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    47,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    Broncos have talked about trading up with the Falcons for Trey Lance or Justin Fields

    "Paton would be able to draft Fields or Lance (but not Jones) if they surrendered 2021’s No. 1, a third-round pick and ‘22’s No. 1, while receiving ‘21’s No. 4 and a fifth-round pick (Atlanta has three) in return"

    https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...-justin-fields

    I love that all these "insiders" and "sources" are constantly conflicting each other. It means Patton is keeping things tight. No one has any clue what we are going to do, and it's going to make the draft that much more fun.

    Unless we draft Mac Jones
    Believing any report this close to the draft is simply foolish. Smoke everywhere.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  22. #869
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dalton Risner
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Believing any report this close to the draft is simply foolish. Smoke everywhere.
    I believe he called the Falcons and inquired. It would be dumb not to at least have options even if you are almost certainly not going to do it.

  23. The Following User High Fived kenoy28 For This Post:


  24. #870
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    47,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    I believe he called the Falcons and inquired. It would be dumb not to at least have options even if you are almost certainly not going to do it.
    Yeah I have zero doubt he's at least made the call to see what the price is. It would be malpractice not to.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  25. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Buff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group