Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1161

Thread: 2021 Draft Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    96,923

    Default 2021 Draft Thread

    Here you go, Dog.

    I still think the Jets are worse, regardless of the outcome of Thursday’s game. But any more injuries and Denver might be staring at No. 1.

    Do you take Trevor Lawrence if you get it? I’m unsure, honestly, though I know many are not.

    Penei Sewell (Oregon, but opted out of season) and Alex Leatherwood (Alabama) are the top linemen. Jalen Mayfield (Michigan) and Sam Cosmi (Texas) are also high on some boards.

    Other top prospects, in no particular order, Justin Fields (QB, Ohio State), Ja’Marr Chase (WR, LSU), Patrick Surthain II (CB, Alabama), Shaun Wade (CB, Ohio State, I believe he has opted out).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    47,896

    Default

    In theory I'd rather stick with Lock and just get a massive haul for the top pick if we got it, but if we actually do get the top pick, that would have to mean Lock regressed or missed the whole season, so who knows.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,638

    Default

    Take Trevor, trade Lock for some picks.

  6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    47,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Take Trevor, trade Lock for some picks.
    We'd probably get like 3 or 4 first rounders for Lawrence.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  8. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    We'd probably get like 3 or 4 first rounders for Lawrence.
    Doubt that many but if teams are offering that much its better to keep him and dump Lock at that point.

  9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    27,893

    Default

    So...what is T-Lo's aggregate draft value, using a JJ or the better chart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    96,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    So...what is T-Lo's aggregate draft value, using a JJ or the better chart?
    Well if you use that old picks trade value sheet, that I think was popularized by Jimmie Johnson, the No. 1 is worth 3,000 points, which is about the equivalent to 15th, 16th and 17th pick. Of course the key is finding someone who either, A.) Has two first round picks this year, or B.) is willing to give you this year’s and next year’s and even maybe the next year’s No. 1.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    27,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Well if you use that old picks trade value sheet, that I think was popularized by Jimmie Johnson, the No. 1 is worth 3,000 points, which is about the equivalent to 15th, 16th and 17th pick. Of course the key is finding someone who either, A.) Has two first round picks this year, or B.) is willing to give you this year’s and next year’s and even maybe the next year’s No. 1.
    So 4 1sts for a #1 overall is actually going rate, even if he's not special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    96,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    So 4 1sts for a #1 overall is actually going rate, even if he's not special.
    Two isn’t a dealbreaker, three is ideal, four is stealing candy from a baby.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  16. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    27,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Two isn’t a dealbreaker, three is ideal, four is stealing candy from a baby.
    Wait, even 31, 32 and the time-value discounted 31 and 32 from the following year? Just to set a floor...

    And also, the JJ chart is old hat, outdated. Not accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    96,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Wait, even 31, 32 and the time-value discounted 31 and 32 from the following year? Just to set a floor...

    And also, the JJ chart is old hat, outdated. Not accurate.
    If the team who won the Super Bowl offered me the 32nd and 33rd pick, plus next year’s first, I’d probably say no. That being possibly a division rival, I’d definitely say no.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  18. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    27,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If the team who won the Super Bowl offered me the 32nd and 33rd pick, plus next year’s first, I’d probably say no. That being possibly a division rival, I’d definitely say no.
    Yeah, but assume it was from trades and all. Just on points I guess is what I'm after. There's got to be some geometry up in this beotch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  19. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    In theory I'd rather stick with Lock and just get a massive haul for the top pick if we got it, but if we actually do get the top pick, that would have to mean Lock regressed or missed the whole season, so who knows.
    100%

    Don’t stop Talibing.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  20. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Wait, even 31, 32 and the time-value discounted 31 and 32 from the following year? Just to set a floor...

    And also, the JJ chart is old hat, outdated. Not accurate.
    The draft chart is irrelevant in this ONE case, the only thing keeping the cost down is the presence of Justin Fields ... who is dope af too. But he opens up the possibility of trading down twice.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  21. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  22. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    Say a team with a QB ends up in position to get either/or and Jackshitville is there at 7-ish with two 1st round picks, that’s the starting point of negotiations. Because the Jets and Carolina will be ahead of the Jagoffs.

    Also say you get Jets or Carolina to bite, Jagoffs are still in play for Fields, and the price is still heavy.
    Last edited by Jaded; 09-29-2020 at 12:23 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group