Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1161

Thread: 2021 Draft Thread

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    27,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They have.

    And one of the “flags” I have is I wonder if he’s better than Mahomes, Watson and Jackson? Or any of the other young quarterbacks who have flashed, like Allen and Murray. He’s not better than Mahomes. He wasn’t a “generational” talent. He got drafted at 10 (if memory serves). His game is most like Allen. He doesn’t have the pure arm talent of Mahomes. He doesn’t have the speed and running ability of Murray and Jackson. Watson and Lawrence both played at Clemson, so I think we can use the transitive property to assume that he is learning the game, as opposed to some other quarterbacks who have showed up in the league using raw talent rather than the intelligent side of the game. And it all leads me to, I don’t know.
    Luck certainly had the hype train going before he played his first snap. Maybe he wasn't all that after all.

    Tell you what though, he's still the first pick of nearly any draft, hype train or not. But do you pick him after Mahomes?

    How much of Mahomes is Reid? (I'd say you have a bit of the Montana/Walsh, Brady/Belichek thing--difference being Mahomes's arm and platform talent)

    I know it's slightly OT, but in a redraft when Luck and Mahomes are in the same class, who goes #1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    47,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Luck certainly had the hype train going before he played his first snap. Maybe he wasn't all that after all.

    Tell you what though, he's still the first pick of nearly any draft, hype train or not. But do you pick him after Mahomes?

    How much of Mahomes is Reid? (I'd say you have a bit of the Montana/Walsh, Brady/Belichek thing--difference being Mahomes's arm and platform talent)

    I know it's slightly OT, but in a redraft when Luck and Mahomes are in the same class, who goes #1?
    Has to be Mahomes I feel like. Even if you can guarantee Luck doesn't retire early, he never reached the level Mahomes has. And I'd still happily take luck.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  4. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz
    Posts
    39,042

    Default


  5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:


  6. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    27,896

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alalala.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	17839
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  8. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,233

    Default

    Ffs I hope we are no #1. So tired of the QB carousel and just need to boost the trenches and keep Lock upright. What is the point of drafting Lawrence with no Oline?

  9. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    96,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Ffs I hope we are no #1. So tired of the QB carousel and just need to boost the trenches and keep Lock upright. What is the point of drafting Lawrence with no Oline?
    Oh god, not this. I will not accept this from anyone here in this thread.

    Let’s assume Trevor Lawrence is all that and a bag of chips. If you have the No. 1 pick, and he’s available, you don’t not pick him because your line isn’t good. You don’t not get a good quarterback if you have a bad line. No. No. No.

    People don’t say this. Ever. It does not matter how good your line is, you want the quarterback.

    Eric Fisher was a giant bust in KC until Mahomes showed up. Now he’s getting talked up and catching TD passes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  11. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    You don’t build a team and THEN go get a QB, that’s cart before the horse.

    Now, if Lock is the man I’d auction TL to build the trenches.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  12. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Ffs I hope we are no #1. So tired of the QB carousel and just need to boost the trenches and keep Lock upright. What is the point of drafting Lawrence with no Oline?
    Maybe you should ask Arizona.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    24,367

    Default

    I still think lock comes back and shuts everyone up. We pick around 12 and we roll.
     
    made you look haha

  15. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:


  16. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Thoughts on Lance?
    I’d rather stick with Lock and build on the OL and defense.

    I don’t think he has the kind of talent that you can’t pass on (TL and Fields).
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  18. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Jaded, let's talk IT factor.
    Barf
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  19. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    27,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I still think lock comes back and shuts everyone up. We pick around 12 and we roll.
    Agreed..well--we will know more about his mental game by then. He missed some reads. This could be a blessing in disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  21. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Agreed..well--we will know more about his mental game by then. He missed some reads. This could be a blessing in disguise.
    Better reads will come with experience in this offense, the kind of experience that Trevor Lawrence still needs too.

    We should all be prioritizing continuity over immediate success right now, the Broncos have proven and sustainable systems on both sides of the ball right now and a QB that has all the tangibles and intangibles (Barf) that a franchise could want.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  22. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  23. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    27,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Better reads will come with experience in this offense, the kind of experience that Trevor Lawrence still needs too.

    We should all be prioritizing continuity over immediate success right now, the Broncos have proven and sustainable systems on both sides of the ball right now and a QB that has all the tangibles and intangibles (Barf) that a franchise could want.
    Losing Scangs bothered me for that reason alone, but it seems like Shurmur is an upgrade so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  24. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Losing Scangs bothered me for that reason alone, but it seems like Shurmur is an upgrade so far.
    Yeah I didn’t have a problem with Scangs, I wouldn’t have a problem with letting him grow on the job.

    I like Shurmur better and he brings a proven QB Coach with him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Melvin Ingram.

  25. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Buff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group