Page 128 of 161 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2407

Thread: Drew Lock

  1. #1906
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    23,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That's fair, but Allen had more moments of "oh shit that guy's a potential stud," than Lock. Allen was also making some plays with his legs that were impressive, too!
    i like them both and their numbers are eerily similar despite what wave says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Smart man. Ok, I think I'm gong to get some pot lamps.

  2. #1907
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    48,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Yea you dont have any bias. LOL.
    What bias? I could give two shits about Allen. His stats went up across the board from year one to two and Lock's went down. What am I missing?
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  3. #1908
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    23,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What bias? I could give two shits about Allen. His stats went up across the board from year one to two and Lock's went down. What am I missing?
    Thats called the Pat Shurmur effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Smart man. Ok, I think I'm gong to get some pot lamps.

  4. #1909
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    48,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Thats called the Pat Shurmur effect.
    Look at the offenses Daboll ran before he got Allen. Never had an offense better than 20th in the league.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  5. #1910
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    In defense of his position, one of my beefs with Fangio wasn't him so much as a coach as the fact that he's a defensive guy. I think offensive coaches can make it easier.

    Fangio's pairing DL with Scangs (the worst OC of all-time) wasn't doing anyone any favors.
    So what is Denver supposed to do when they have a defensive minded HC? And if they cant get the coach show is better "suited" for a young QB than what? Was Denver just not supposed to draft any QB? I guess im just not sure what the logic is here with your guys position. The Broncos can only do so much with what they have and can get. Some of you all act like we can sign all the best coaches and players but thats not reality here.

  6. #1911
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That's fair, but Allen had more moments of "oh shit that guy's a potential stud," than Lock. Allen was also making some plays with his legs that were impressive, too!
    Allens growth has been far more impressive than Lock's right now. Its not even close.

  7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

    SR

  8. #1912
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    23,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So what is Denver supposed to do when they have a defensive minded HC? And if they cant get the coach show is better "suited" for a young QB than what? Was Denver just not supposed to draft any QB? I guess im just not sure what the logic is here with your guys position. The Broncos can only do so much with what they have and can get. Some of you all act like we can sign all the best coaches and players but thats not reality here.
    Absolutely. If you run an organization where you want to compete with avg qbs every year, instead of developing a franchise one, you shouldnt be drafting qbs. you should be signing them in FA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Smart man. Ok, I think I'm gong to get some pot lamps.

  9. #1913
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Absolutely. If you run an organization where you want to compete with avg qbs every year, instead of developing a franchise one, you shouldnt be drafting qbs. you should be signing them in FA.
    And then that is why you get guys like Case Keenum. Lol

    It doesnt matter how much you want to blow Kelly's jock my man, if we dont have the coaching to coach them up as you say it would have been a waste anyway so they went your route and went with a veteran player.

  10. #1914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Allens growth has been far more impressive than Lock's right now. Its not even close.
    Agreed - I think when they're youngsters you're hoping to see growth and flashes of talent


    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So what is Denver supposed to do when they have a defensive minded HC? And if they cant get the coach show is better "suited" for a young QB than what? Was Denver just not supposed to draft any QB? I guess im just not sure what the logic is here with your guys position. The Broncos can only do so much with what they have and can get. Some of you all act like we can sign all the best coaches and players but thats not reality here.
    1 - Hire an offensive coach, because the league is geared towards offense. The SB this year was two godly offensive teams - the one team that lost was the one who routinely styled on great defenses, until they lost half their starting line - the trend of offense continues and has been that way for awhile- so the premium is there.

    2 - Pull out all the stops for the offensive head coach.

    3 - My logic is simple - if you're going to take a young QB and put the franchise on his shoulders, help him. I don't think saying "go get him a real offensive head coach and a strong OC," translates into the notion that Denver can go get anyone, or that everyone is readily available. I'm not saying Denver can get Julio Jones at WR, Henry at RB, Ertz/Kelce at TE. I don't get the criticism because I'm just saying what I said when Fangio was hired. If wanting a strong offense HC means I'm demanding everything, then so be it, but that's off to me
    Get down
    We all let you know this time
    Can you bring me down
    Back up, get far of the sky, black rover

  11. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:


  12. #1915
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    23,635

    Default

    Something to also post. This was drew in college with a new OC every year.

    He never threw more ints in a season in his entire life until last year under Shurmur. I get the counter arguments "oh its college" and thats valid. But its interesting to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Smart man. Ok, I think I'm gong to get some pot lamps.

  13. #1916
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Agreed - I think when they're youngsters you're hoping to see growth and flashes of talent




    1 - Hire an offensive coach, because the league is geared towards offense. The SB this year was two godly offensive teams - the one team that lost was the one who routinely styled on great defenses, until they lost half their starting line - the trend of offense continues and has been that way for awhile- so the premium is there.

    2 - Pull out all the stops for the offensive head coach.

    3 - My logic is simple - if you're going to take a young QB and put the franchise on his shoulders, help him. I don't think saying "go get him a real offensive head coach and a strong OC," translates into the notion that Denver can go get anyone, or that everyone is readily available. I'm not saying Denver can get Julio Jones at WR, Henry at RB, Ertz/Kelce at TE. I don't get the criticism because I'm just saying what I said when Fangio was hired. If wanting a strong offense HC means I'm demanding everything, then so be it, but that's off to me

    But again if the offensive coach isnt available or wants to be here then what?

  14. #1917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    But again if the offensive coach isnt available or wants to be here then what?
    If they don't want to be here, then you have to ask yourself why one of the most attractive HC jobs in football no longer is

    You then have to hire someone else, or go with the league's leftovers, and that's what Fangio was. No one wanted to hire that guy for literal decades. Given his track record in Denver, it's pretty obvious why.

    Also, if one isn't an attractive job, the other route is to open up the purse strings.
    Get down
    We all let you know this time
    Can you bring me down
    Back up, get far of the sky, black rover

  15. #1918
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Something to also post. This was drew in college with a new OC every year.

    He never threw more ints in a season in his entire life until last year under Shurmur. I get the counter arguments "oh its college" and thats valid. But its interesting to me.


    So then that means that changing coaches really doesnt effect him and he shouldnt have regressed last year. At least based on what you just posted his QB rating went up drastically even by changing OC's every year.

  16. #1919
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    23,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    And then that is why you get guys like Case Keenum. Lol

    It doesnt matter how much you want to blow Kelly's jock my man, if we dont have the coaching to coach them up as you say it would have been a waste anyway so they went your route and went with a veteran player.
    But that all stems from the franchise culture and the rotating door at the head coach.

    I wanted Shanny Jr or old Shanny. Either would have developed Lock and been given the time to do it. But joe ellis gunna joe ellis. Now we get Fangio coaching for his job and basically just wasted the past 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Smart man. Ok, I think I'm gong to get some pot lamps.

  17. #1920
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    23,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So then that means that changing coaches really doesnt effect him and he shouldnt have regressed last year. At least based on what you just posted his QB rating went up drastically even by changing OC's every year.
    He regressed because Shurmur doesnt know what he is doing, not because he has a new oc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Smart man. Ok, I think I'm gong to get some pot lamps.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

  1. Hawgdriver

Similar Threads

  1. The Best Thing About Drew Lock's Emergence at Quarterback
    By OrangeHoof in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2020, 08:16 PM
  2. Drew Lock
    By sneakers in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-01-2020, 10:58 PM
  3. Drew Lock: video breakdown and analysis.
    By Gimpygod in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2019, 02:07 AM
  4. Drew Lock is the starter
    By MOtorboat in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 318
    Last Post: 12-27-2019, 11:23 AM
  5. Mr. Drew Lock
    By Northman in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group