Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Champ about to be on 87.7 the Ticket - will be asked about confrontation with McDaniels

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    i didnt want to admit it for sometime, but there seems to be some serious merit to this building steam and the whole mutual sepration of ways thing was a cover up
    Of course it was. Organizations don't let coordinators make lateral moves, just out of the goodness of their heart. It was like when Shanahan let Heimerdinger leave his Assistant head coach - offense position with the Broncos for a lateral/down move to OC at Tennessee. I know lot of people said, "they let him go because it was Heimerdinger's dream job" or some crap like that, but it was a "firing".

Dinger did a horrible job here, and as Shanahan's good friend, it was publicly a friendly 'parting of the ways'.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

meh sheff hasn't done crap in detroit really either, he cant block and he cant stay healthy...Hillis and now to a degree cutler are the guys i miss...i have no reason to miss marshall or sheff....just my opinion frau...but i guess i understand where ya coming from
    We may have missed the opportunity to go to the playoffs because of the benching.

And as for his production, he presented mismatches when he was healthy (I'll give you his frailness, for sure). And I do think Perrish Cox was one of the better picks McD made. But we had to make another crappy trade just to replace him with a lesser player, who, ironically, is now on IR after doing nothing for us.

So yeah, I'd take Scheff's 600 or so yards plus TDs over a nickle back and benchwarming TE on IR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

3. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Man, I know you have been a die-hard McDaniels' apologist for a long time, but come on man, wake up and smell the horse shit, because McDaniels left Dove Valley covered in it.

Damn, I hate when a **** up a movie quote... Grrrr

All those big hairy bi-pods look the same to me.
    first........Piss off tned never was a apologist for MCD, so get of your stool especially when talking about labeling here...i have mentioned when he screwed up, i also posted many posts throught this forum on things he did that piss me off, so kiss my ass with your MCD apologist BS
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

OK you made me laugh....man what was I thinking Clay could of read that....shudder.....

Scheff had a wife and was just the sweetest dang pumpkin...... I miss him and Hillis the kid was beyond polite and just soooo, dang it guys where's that picture Frau????? (Just Frau!!!)

Sorry I'll say it....... and for the rest of the dirt......... (in a Stone Phillips voice)
    I was saving this for a thread caption contest, but here you go:

This is around middle of the 4th quarter of the Raiders game after a half a fifth of Fireball.

Found this picture on my phone the next day.

Odd things happen to Frau at times.....

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

6. The Following 9 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    We may have missed the opportunity to go to the playoffs because of the benching.

And as for his production, he presented mismatches when he was healthy (I'll give you his frailness, for sure). And I do think Perrish Cox was one of the better picks McD made. But we had to make another crappy trade just to replace him with a lesser player, who, ironically, is now on IR after doing nothing for us.

So yeah, I'd take Scheff's 600 or so yards plus TDs over a nickle back and benchwarming TE on IR.

meh like i said i see where ya coming from, but i really dont think sheff was the player many thought he was....just me i guess....i also think gronkowski is head and shoulders a better blocker then sheff and more important as a all round TE to denver...i never saw sheff play through pain the way gronk did sunday, and when josh finally started passing gronk the ball he made some nice catches...is its gronk fault he doesnt have 600 yds becasue MCD didnt use TE's??? no it isnt.....and while you see catches as the only stat for a TE, the way they are used in the scheme MCd ran, they were more improtant as blcokers, and gronk started out performing graham there who has long been considered the best blocking TE in the game...so perhaps gronk is more valuable than you realize, but had a coach who just doesnt care about using TE's....especially since we have a guy like decker that started working that role the last few weeks....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

what an anticlimax. i rarely trust on-air radio personalities. they'll exaggerate a truth or run with un-sourced heresay because there's little to no recourse for them - no printed pages, or online archives to references the bonehead statements. lame.

also, you don't get as much of this with sports radio people, but it's always bothered me that radio people use pseudonyms. what are you hiding from?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

lo...think what you want had the spygate thing not happened josh would still be the coach next year...the personnel stuff is a factor yes, but the key firing point is the scandal period...if you dont realize that then i dont know what to say to you............
    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Man, I know you have been a die-hard McDaniels' apologist for a long time, but come on man, wake up and smell the horse shit, because McDaniels left Dove Valley covered in it.

first........Piss off tned never was a apologist for MCD, so get of your stool especially when talking about labeling here...i have mentioned when he screwed up, i also posted many posts throught this forum on things he did that piss me off, so kiss my ass with your MCD apologist BS
    guys, let's not fight! mcdaniels got canned, this is the time to celebrate!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

This is around middle of the 4th quarter of the Raiders game after a half a fifth of Fireball.

You do like a good ****.adoodledoo dontchya Frau. I like how you use both hands to hold it. But alas, ive seen bigger
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You do like a good ****.adoodledoo dontchya Frau. I like how you use both hands to hold it. But alas, ive seen bigger
    And that, folks, is why that picture is best suited for the Lounge.

Thank you, good night.

— Marilyn Monroe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    guys, let's not fight! mcdaniels got canned, this is the time to celebrate!

i just dont like people complaining about labeling then doing it themselves....but he is right Tned....

To a new denver ERA

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

And that, folks, is why that picture is best suited for the Lounge.

Thank you, good night.

You knew it was coming.(no pun there)
    I bet you have thought of many worse things to say with that picture.
    Cant wait to hear what clay thinks.
    Mine was just the standard joke, no thought, no funny, just a response on the lines of lounge.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

OK 100 high fives....priceless girl....you are the best! BTW where did the chicken/rooster come from????

Elev.....Tned dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken.... I was in bed in great pain for Thanksgiving and my B-Day I need the laugh.......

Frau sweetie what jersey were you wearing??????
    Getting Stoked

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

This wasn't on 87.7, but there is Shanon Sharpe talking about how the team is so much worse because of McDaniels moves and management.

http://fb.me/GDeRU8PO

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I agree with you Tned, he did make a lot of mistakes. However it's been interesting to listen to different radio stations. On Rome this am and yesterday on 87.7. They all said the same thing. It's too big a job to be Coach and GM, esp with a young Coach in his first time out.

There has not been one sports writer including Sandy from The Fan that has said Josh is a bad Coach. They have all said his mistakes came from trying to do too much and from the GM side of this business. Plus many of them added that he needed to grow up and not show emotions on the sidelines, but they believed that those things would come with age and experience.

One of the most interesting lines I've heard was that he had a firm Plan A in his head, but not enough experience to know what to do when the Plan A wasn't working. Without a GM in place he didn't have anyone to go to figure out a plan B. It is my greatest hope that the Broncos put in a real GM and that we find a Coach that can coach.

Josh will be fine, he just needs someone in place to call him out when he's being stupid stubborn.
    I think it's all contingent of him learning how to work with people. If can't rehabilitate his people skills he may never real his full potential.

19. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I think it's all contingent of him learning how to work with people. If can't rehabilitate his people skills he may never real his full potential.
    He'll learn from this experience and get another gig. Probably not HC, but OC and he will excell in it and Lord willing we don't play that team because hi OC would demolish our D.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information