Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifting Weights

Default Lifting Weights

Any one else have interesting in weight lifting for either strength training, hyper trophy, bodybuilding or powerlifting?

Currently in a $100,000 12wk transformation contest, and outside of a shoulder injury (prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sure I tore something in there), am killing it so far and pretty optimistic on my chances to place (over 6,000 competing :/ )

Anyway, figured it gay shit like Disc Golf and tennis have their own threads (no offense to guys in those threads lol), this should as well.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

Adopted Bronco:

lol

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

yes, I do a modified version of the p90x. Love it! Im not so much into body building as I am good physical condition and endurance.

I play hockey so body building would do me more harm then good. Having said that a competition for 100K sounds pretty effing enticing. I wonder if they will have more of these. You'd be surprised what I will do and lengths I will go to for 100K (feel free anyway to add your own perverted jokes to this...........their probably true anyway)

Gots any infos on this?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

5. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I lift. I'm not huge or anything, but I love doing it. There is a workout thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    yes, I do a modified version of the p90x. Love it! Im not so much into body building as I am good physical condition and endurance.

I play hockey so body building would do me more harm then good. Having said that a competition for 100K sounds pretty effing enticing. I wonder if they will have more of these. You'd be surprised what I will do and lengths I will go to for 100K (feel free anyway to add your own perverted jokes to this...........their probably true anyway)

Gots any infos on this?
    Entry time for that 100k contest is over, but there's a BTS or something one that may still be open (for dramatically less prize money), but I'll try and find some info tomorrow if you want.

Also, I think you'd be surprised at how effective different work outs could be towards hockey. Lots of ways to add some lean mass and power without getting too bulky or losing flexibility.

I bounce my weight around a LOT over the year and looked freakishly lean this past summer (right now cutting to single digit bf% to try and win contest)

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Entry time for that 100k contest is over, but there's a BTS or something one that may still be open (for dramatically less prize money), but I'll try and find some info tomorrow if you want.

Also, I think you'd be surprised at how effective different work outs could be towards hockey. Lots of ways to add some lean mass and power without getting too bulky or losing flexibility.

I bounce my weight around a LOT over the year and looked freakishly lean this past summer (right now cutting to single digit bf% to try and win contest)

If youve got time I wouldnt mind. Working out for money has 2 benefits.

What kind of workouts are you alluding too? Not sure if you are familiar with the p90x-its not the greatest, but I modded it up and it has done really well for me so far. Like you, I am trying to lean out-a bit right now. After I got my finger broken ( FU Tned!) i couldnt play or lift and kept my high diet and gained a surprising lot of pounds in just 7 weeks.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    If youve got time I wouldnt mind. Working out for money has 2 benefits.

What kind of workouts are you alluding too? Not sure if you are familiar with the p90x-its not the greatest, but I modded it up and it has done really well for me so far. Like you, I am trying to lean out-a bit right now. After I got my finger broken ( FU Tned!) i couldnt play or lift and kept my high diet and gained a surprising lot of pounds in just 7 weeks.
    Sorry for the delay, was at GF's for V-day and by the time I got home this morning I was running late for some fasted cardio I do everyday and then lunch.

I'm familiar with p90x and I think it's a really great tool and stepping stone for beginners, but if you're willing to invest the time to learn about different workouts, and even more importantly, nutrition, you can much more significant strides doing other things. IMO, at least.

Here's the contest I was just telling you about:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/febr...challenge.html

Grand prize for this one is 10k cash + other prizes so not too bad.

Let me know if you need help registering or anything. I have the same username on that site so I'm pretty easy to find (yes, previous contest progress pics of me flexing in my underwear. no, not embarrassed lol)

10. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Hell yes, lifting steel is the fountain of youth...Ive been doing it for 35 years
    and I will keep doing it another 35 at least...I like to run sprints, hills and stadium steps for cardio
    Killing it in the gym is my sanctuary

12. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

SR

I love working out. Some of us use this thread to discuss it.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...d.php?t=143561

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I love working out. Some of us use this thread to discuss it.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...d.php?t=143561
    Awesome, posted and sub'd in that thread.

15. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Might as well merge the two.

I used to love working out. it's so hard to get that bug back though.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    Fact.

20. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    Wipe your snatch and dive in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I can max about 145 lbs, is that good?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information