Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Sounds like I need to marry one of the Bowlens and make some cashola.
    I hear Beth plans a nice party.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Why shouldn’t the highest bidder own the Broncos?
    The only thing I can say is that if the highest bidder wants to move the team to Sacramento or Venus or something. I'm not really afraid of the team moving, I don't think it would ever happen but maybe there is some protection against that in the sale.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The only thing I can say is that if the highest bidder wants to move the team to Sacramento or Venus or something. I'm not really afraid of the team moving, I don't think it would ever happen but maybe there is some protection against that in the sale.
    Whomever is the highest bidder still has to get approval by the league. Just because you’re a billionaire who is willing to write the biggest check doesn’t mean you automatically get to buy the team. The other 31 owners have a say in who gets to own the team and the highest bidder will be vetted by the league before the sale is completed. As it is, moving the team requires league approval also. You can’t just pack up and go without the rest of the owners and commish giving their blessing.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Whomever is the highest bidder still has to get approval by the league. Just because you’re a billionaire who is willing to write the biggest check doesn’t mean you automatically get to buy the team. The other 31 owners have a say in who gets to own the team and the highest bidder will be vetted by the league before the sale is completed. As it is, moving the team requires league approval also. You can’t just pack up and go without the rest of the owners and commish giving their blessing.

Yup you’re right, I always wondered why it’s that way that though like the guy buys the team it shouldn’t matter what the other owner’s approves of

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Yup you’re right, I always wondered why it’s that way that though like the guy buys the team it shouldn’t matter what the other owner’s approves of
    The NFL is a private club. I believe a new owner has to have the approval of 27 of the 31 owners, in order to join the private club.

8. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

The younger one, is it Brittany? She’s a cutie. They’re already millionaires, this is just more money they will ever be able to spen in their lives. Beth is not that bad either, but when it comes to money, who’s looking at that stuff

It's a shame, would have been a nice legacy if a Bowlen could have been in charge and led the Broncos back to a contender (one QB away).

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The NFL is a private club. I believe a new owner has to have the approval of 27 of the 31 owners, in order to join the private club.
    Oh wow I had no idea it was a private club

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Oh wow I had no idea it was a private club
    Not sure they technically call themselves a private club, but that's effectively what they are? The current members of the "club" have to agree to admit any new ones. The commissioner only has the power the clubs give him.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Do we have a new owner yet?

It's 30%. A controlling owner must be at least 30%, not 50%.

16. The Following User High Fived bigbucks24 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
    It's 30%. A controlling owner must be at least 30%, not 50%.
    I think there are a few parts. At least 30%, but if like the Titans, three people/groups own 1/3 each, while all over over 30%, they are not in compliance, and one needs to be named controlling owner and the others permanently give up their voting rights.

In the case of the Bowlen trust, if the family trust maintained ownership of the team, the other children would have to permanently name one of their siblings as the controlling owner.

I think there are a few parts. At least 30%, but if like the Titans, three people/groups own 1/3 each, while all over over 30%, they are not in compliance, and one needs to be named controlling owner and the others permanently give up their voting rights.

In the case of the Bowlen trust, if the family trust maintained ownership of the team, the other children would have to permanently name one of their siblings as the controlling owner.
    It was in reference to this quote, which I believe is incorrect.

"Even pulling all three of their net worths, and assuming the put it all into the purchase, they are still way short. So, any group they are in they will be a minority owner. They could be the face of the group, but I believe the NFL still requires a majority owner that owns > 50% of the team in any group purchase."

19. The Following User High Fived bigbucks24 For This Post:

It's a shame, would have been a nice legacy if a Bowlen could have been in charge and led the Broncos back to a contender (one QB away).
    The man knew his stuff. He knew that in order to untap the full potential of John Elway, he had to get rid of Dan Reeves and bring in Mike Shanahan, a young offensive and quarterback coach guru to pair him with John Elway. The end result; back to back super bowl victories

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Do we have a new owner yet?
    I imagine Pat is rolling over in his grave.

It’s all quite embarrassing. All of Pat’s kids should be ashamed of themselves.

**** those dumbass kids. What a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information