Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any Hot Pepper Fans?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Any Hot Pepper Fans?

I have a friend that I always compete with on spicy food challenges. Really dumb ones. The worst I have ever done is Da Bomb Hot Suace which is just liquid ghost peppers. I actually keep a bottle on hand for challenges when I throw holiday parties and stuff and try to record people dying from the heat. Then today I came across a video of someone eating a Carolina Reaper Pepper. Anyone ever try one? I had a chance once and chickened out. I think I am glad I did:

Also this Youtube channel is great. It's called First We Feast but the Hot Ones segment is the best. They basically interview celebrities after giving them god afwul spice peppers.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I like spice but I don't need to get crazy with it. I put habanero on tacos and every once in a while I'll eat a habanero bite by bite accompanied with my chilaquiles at breakfast. Most of the time I eat habanero it is finely minced, seeds and all in a bit of lime juice or in a puree with a bit of garlic and olive oil. Some of the restaurants will blister up a pepper on the fire and then mince it and serve. That's really good too.

Ghost peppers and above on the heat scale seem like a waste of time or just a dick measuring contest.

Any hot sauce that comes in a bottle and isn't made fresh are gross in my most humblest of opinion. I know people disagree.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

they usually have one or two good songs on each album but no, I'm not a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

6. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I like spice but I don't need to get crazy with it. I put habanero on tacos and every once in a while I'll eat a habanero bite by bite accompanied with my chilaquiles at breakfast. Most of the time I eat habanero it is finely minced, seeds and all in a bit of lime juice or in a puree with a bit of garlic and olive oil. Some of the restaurants will blister up a pepper on the fire and then mince it and serve. That's really good too.

Ghost peppers and above on the heat scale seem like a waste of time or just a dick measuring contest.

Any hot sauce that comes in a bottle and isn't made fresh are gross in my most humblest of opinion. I know people disagree.
    Agreed for the most part. The one exception for me is Ghost Peppers in cooking. I am able to draw the moisture out of them and dice them into some pretty wicked chili recipes. When you spread that heat out it is really good.

8. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Agreed for the most part. The one exception for me is Ghost Peppers in cooking. I am able to draw the moisture out of them and dice them into some pretty wicked chili recipes. When you spread that heat out it is really good.
    I'll look forward to you inviting me over for dinner in 9 months to a year.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'll look forward to you inviting me over for dinner in 9 months to a year.
    Hope you like vegetarian crap! Last night I made a meat loaf out of lentils and BBQ sauce. It was actually quite tasty.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Hope you like vegetarian crap! Last night I made a meat loaf out of lentils and BBQ sauce. It was actually quite tasty.
    Wait - you're a vegetarian too?

Good grief.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Wait - you're a vegetarian too?

Good grief.
    Dave is infecting people with his beliefs, he thinks he's the damn pope

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Vegetarian meat loaf? :eyebrowraised:

I love hot spicy stuff. At the same time, I don't think I've ever had a ghost pepper or similar, outrageously hot peppers.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read the post about Shake going full lettuce muncher. That didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

18. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I have a friend that I always compete with on spicy food challenges. Really dumb ones. The worst I have ever done is Da Bomb Hot Suace which is just liquid ghost peppers. I actually keep a bottle on hand for challenges when I throw holiday parties and stuff and try to record people dying from the heat. Then today I came across a video of someone eating a Carolina Reaper Pepper. Anyone ever try one? I had a chance once and chickened out. I think I am glad I did:

Also this Youtube channel is great. It's called First We Feast but the Hot Ones segment is the best. They basically interview celebrities after giving them god afwul spice peppers.
    I'm mostly with Slick, I eat habaneros somewhat regularly, normally in a two egg omlette in the morning with some onions, ham, and a small amount of mozzarella. I'll eat them with tacos if they're available, and they're wonderful fire roasted. I've had a ghost pepper by itself and have had some hot sauces made from the Reaper. It's too much by itself, but like you said, can be great used in cooking. I might get a reaper just to make some chili and see if one pepper is too much for a big pot or not.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I'm going to pretend I didn't read the post about Shake going full lettuce muncher. That didn't happen.

MOSTLY vegetarian. Health reasons. I just cut waaay back on meat. I'm not a crusader for broccoli or anything. I had In-N-Out Burger a few days ago in Vegas.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I don’t eat hot peppers any more, per say. I might eat a jalapeño, but beyond that no.
    My go to sauce is cholula. I do have a hot habanero sauce

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6747D3E5-6060-48E5-AAFF-443AEB77FAF6.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	11273

24. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don’t eat hot peppers any more, per say. I might eat a jalapeño, but beyond that no.
    My go to sauce is cholula. I do have a hot habanero sauce

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6747D3E5-6060-48E5-AAFF-443AEB77FAF6.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	11273
    Those habanero sauces are good for a few drops on a burrito or something but they add a nice flavor. Plus they always have a good name like Kick Yo Ass or Butt Pucker.

I made a habanero sauce a couple of weeks ago, I can't take too much heat though

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information