Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Torain RB ASU 5th Rd Pick

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    BTW, it's a little more than comical that anyone is criticizing a Denver Broncos Day 2 RB selection. They've never hit on RBs on Day 2.

Where are they all now?

If Mike is such a master at finding late round talented RB's, why did we spend so much money on bringing in Travis Henry (another RB that has not worked out).

I'd much rather have a long term solution then have to waste late round picks every year on stop gaps.

As much as TD did for this team, he sure did spoil us. Now we think every 6th round RB is going to the hall.

2. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    Where are they all now?

If Mike is such a master at finding late round talented RB's, why did we spend so much money on bringing in Travis Henry (another RB that has not worked out).

I'd much rather have a long term solution then have to waste late round picks every year on stop gaps.

As much as TD did for this team, he sure did spoil us. Now we think every 6th round RB is going to the hall.
    I didn't say they're all 10 yr HOF type RBs. But c'mon he's taken so many backs late in the draft that have contributed: TD, MA, OG, Bell, Young, etc... I have to admit it's funny to watch people whine about this pick.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jay Cutler

Really... Is this the great Zambini? Reveal yourself.

6. The Following User High Fived Nature Boy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Except for Ryan Torain, Carlton Powell and Jack Williams I really like every guy we selected..

Not that I don't like these 3, it's just that I have never heard of either of them. I will just have to trust the coaches who had more access then me could see something in them. I really like every other player they scouted and took so I have to believe they see some of the same thing in these guys.

Our draft wasn't sexy guys, but come on. It wasn't that bad!

If we had to trade Hillis, Barrett and Larsen to have moved up for Smith or any of the other few mid grade guys, I for one will take the chance on Torain.

I really wanted Laws. Probably more then any player accept Nelson. We could have had him instead of Royal but the truth is, Royal has a better chance of helping us next year. He is a good player guys. I really don't see him busting.

The only way we get Stewart or Mendenhall is if we didn't take Clady. We really needed Clady. Look what we done for our O-line, it is getting bigger without losing the speed needed to run the zone blocking system. Great picks!
    Last edited by fcspikeit; 04-27-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jay Cutler

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    So whats the issue with Hart?
    Mike Hart is always too small and too slow on every scouts radar. He's got intangibles that can't be measured. I think he'll make some team's roster and be a solid back up. Or there's always Canada.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    we could of had tashard choice with the late 4th round pick. instead the cowboys take him a few spots later. why did the cowboys pick up another rb when they drafted felix jones in round 1 and already have barber? i'll tell you why....because choice has heart and is going to be a damn good football player in the nfl.

another missed oportunity by the broncos.

i too am getting tired of second rate and lower tiered players. this diamond in the ruff stuff has got to end. the broncos seriously need to find a gm.....fast!

They took him because Barber is in the last year of his contract at least that's what they said on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    Except for Ryan Torain, Carlton Powell and Jack Williams I really like every guy we selected..

Not that I don't like these 3, it's just that I have never heard of either of them. I will just have to trust the coaches who had more access then me could see something in them. I really like every other player they scouted and took so I have to believe they see some of the same thing in these guys.

Our draft wasn't sexy guys, but come on. It wasn't that bad!

If we had to trade Hillis, Barrett and Larsen to have moved up for Smith or any of the other few mid grade guys, I for one will take the chance on Torain.

I really wanted Laws guys. Probably more then any player accept Nelson. We could have had him instead of Royal but the truth is, Royal has a better chance of helping us next year. He is a good player guys. I really don't see him busting.

The only way we get Stewart or Mendenhall is if we didn't take Clady. We really needed Clady. Look what we done for our O-line, it is getting bigger without losing the speed needed to run the zone blocking system. Great picks!
    I agree with with you on Torian and Powell. I actually think Jack Williams was a fantastic pick. He's a prototype nickelback. He gives us great insurance in the event that Foxy leaves us next season. He's also a capable return man to push Royal in camp.

If I had my pick, I'd have tried to swap next year's first rounder for Mendenhall. They may have tried...

Adopted Bronco:
    Jay Cutler

The only way we get Stewart or Mendenhall is if we didn't take Clady.
    Apparently Mike Shanahan didn't think too highly of Mendenhall. Cause if he really wanted him, he could have made a move to get him. Mendenhall sat around til the 23rd pick behind Felix Jones.

Most everyone's 1 and 2 RBs were Mendenhall and Stewart but those 2 do not compare to last year's Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch.

Funny thing, Marshawn Lynch's grandfather lives down the street to my buddy's house.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
    Apparently Mike Shanahan didn't think too highly of Mendenhall. Cause if he really wanted him, he could have made a move to get him. Mendenhall sat around til the 23rd pick behind Felix Jones.

Most everyone's 1 and 2 RBs were Mendenhall and Stewart but those 2 do not compare to last year's Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch.

Funny thing, Marshawn Lynch's grandfather lives down the street to my buddy's house.
    What would we have had to give up to move up and get him? Trade next years #1?

We needed almost everyone we got with our other picks, I am glad we didn't trade them all away to move up..

We also really need next years #1 to maybe get one of the 2 USC LB's coming out.. We are more then 1 player away.

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    I didn't say they're all 10 yr HOF type RBs. But c'mon he's taken so many backs late in the draft that have contributed: TD, MA, OG, Bell, Young, etc... I have to admit it's funny to watch people whine about this pick.
    I see. Those that disagree are whiners

Does that make those that agree homers?

Like I said..where are they all now? The last all-pro stud back we had on this roster was taken with the 51st overall pick

15. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    I see. Those that disagree are whiners

Does that make those that agree homers?

Like I said..where are they all now? The last all-pro stud back we had on this roster was taken with the 51st overall pick
    Just people with a little patience to see how it all works out.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

I think I have been pretty patient over the last ten years. Maybe I am crazy for wanting a franchise face at the RB position.

We needed almost everyone we got with our other picks, I am glad we didn't trade them all away to move up..

We also really need next years #1 to maybe get one of the 2 USC LB's coming out.. We are more then 1 player away.
    Amen to that comment.. maybe to get back to 8-8.

But playoffs not a chance unless SAN has a bomb go off during a training session that takes out their entire starting lineup they are going to rule the roost again this year..

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Just people with a little patience to see how it all works out.
    Just because you have a negative opinion about a pick, doesn't mean you are impatient. People are just expressing their views. If we all have the same opinion, then there's no point in having a message board. If we all are supposed to wash all the judging thoughts out of our mind and wait until 2010 to see how it turns out, there's no point in having a message board.

21. The Following User High Fived r8rh8r For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jay Cutler

It'll definitely be a 1st and probably a 2nd from next yr's draft or next yr's 1st and a player, someone like Foxworth.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information