Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Proposed High Five System (Discussion Thread Closes on Friday 9/28)

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    I want to try and get the last word in

I say YAY!!!!
    I'll PM you right before we close it so you can really get the last word in

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

So when will we be high-fiving...??

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    So when will we be high-fiving...??
    When we close the discussion thread on Friday, then the board will consider all the feedback and decide how to proceed.

More reasons as to why you are such a great guy.

I didn't read through all the posts/replies But it seems like a cool idea.
    The only thing that would be fishy is that people can just high 5 every different poster and it could take away the effect. Some people get High 5 Happy.

But its better then nothing.

I'm fine with or without it but it will add a little bit of spice to the forums and should be fun.

Good stuff.

Cant wait to see the new additions.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

Im confused

Today is 9/27, and tomorrow (Friday) is 9/28 so this thread closes tomorrow right the date is just wrong. Tned the thread closes tomorrow right its just the date is wrong?
    Last edited by Broncomania96; 09-27-2007 at 05:46 AM.

[/

Quote Originally Posted by Broncomania96 View Post
    Im confused

Today is 9/27, and tomorrow (Friday) is 9/28 so this thread closes tomorrow right the date is just wrong. Tned the thread closes tomorrow right its just the date is wrong?
    Yea, i'm from Arkansas, it takes us a while (60-70 years) to fully grasp that whole calendar thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    BBL hit the nail on the head. . . whether you call it CP, rep, high fives, salutes, whatever, isn't going to make one bit of difference in the end-- people will still end up viewing them as "rep" and coveting them for the little bit of gratification they get, begging for them, arguing about them, and all the other drama. . . one of the reasons i was ready to jump from BM to another board was the chance to get AWAY from all that, let's not start it up again over here. . . .

why do people need additional incentive to come here and enjoy what's shaping up to be a very nice board? isn't it enough to come talk football and whatever else you want with your friends and (mostly) fellow broncos fans?

IF we have to have such a system, i ABSOLUTELY don't think the number you've gotten should be displayed publicly, because that will encourage the begging and bickering. . . personally, i don't even think post count should be displayed or recorded-- how about some true equality, where people can judge each other on their words and the worth of their posts, if they feel the need to judge and quantify at all. . .

regardless, i want to salute you, tned and co., for putting forth a sincere effort to follow up your "mission statement" and give the people what they want. . . i hope we decide against it in the end, but either way it's very much appreciated that you're taking the time to actually consider our feedback-- it creates a much more welcoming atmosphere than the old "we got the money, this is how it's going to be, don't let the door hit ya in tha butt on the way out if you don't like it," and IMHO that in and of itself should be enough incentive for people to come here. . .
    Couldn't agree more.

In fact, if I believed in a recognition system, I'd high five you!

While I commend the advisory board for the thought and creativity they have put into coming up with the proposed system, I believe it will just create cliques and fuel animosity (especially in forums such as the P&R ones)

My official vote is for no high five system...

However if one is implemented, I would also like to throw in my two cents and say it should be without the total high five count, and most high fives in one post count. I would also prefer the high fives to be listed anonymously at the bottom of each post.
    Temp sig till I find another one

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post

However if one is implemented, I would also like to throw in my two cents and say it should be without the total high five count, and most high fives in one post count. I would also prefer the high fives to be listed anonymously at the bottom of each post.
    I agree.

If the high five system worked like this, it would work much better.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Gotta echo what Wookiee and BigBroncLove say in that if a system is implemented I believe anonymity would make it far better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Gotta echo what Wookiee and BigBroncLove say in that if a system is implemented I believe anonymity would make it far better IMO.
    I agree with all of the above, anonymity would be wise. If someone wants a poster to know 'who'---they can send a pm. It will help to alleviate some bickering.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post

Is there anything inparticular that you don't like about having the High Five System BBL?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Is there anything inparticular that you don't like about having the High Five System BBL?
    Well it's not that I think that there's anythign specifically wrong with the system, besides my desires previously posted if one is implemented. It's just that I like the board so much as it is now, I think shaking it up with this type of system could have both positive and negative effects. I just don't want to see the negatives happen.

Recently I've been noticing the board is becoming slightly more "cliqish" for lack of a better term. The same thing that happened at BM for a small period of time. More leniency given to well known posters from the "other board" and stricter adherence to current guidelines to those just arriving. The same with responses to certien posts )people are a little ruder to new arrivals, and mroe lenient on so-so posts by long timers). I fear that those small groups of like minded posters will only become more solidified when people can see who's "high fiving" them. After all, it's very easy to like another person when they give you a butt slap and a congrats like a CP or high five (I enjoyed recieving CP's to an extent, and liked certien posters more for them. Were all human ) We are social creatures after all, and there's a reason we often seek out people similar to ourselves as real life friends, and there's no reason to believe that it wouldn't be the same online .

So anonymity for me would be a huge thing. Only post how many high fives a person recieved for a post, but not who gave those high fives. That way people do know what they posted is something valued by other individuals, but removes all the possibilities of in house drama that come with it. My

Other people have talked about the fear of it becoming a status symbol, like on other boards where posters threads and posts were often given more attention, not due to content, but rather the number of bars an individual had, so I won't addres those, just throw them into the pot with everyone else. (which is why I don't want a total count of high fives, or a count of how many high fives in one post)

This is turning into a long response, so I'll leave it at that. It's just I like the baord the way it is now so much, I fear change a bit. Perhaps a bit of a dark age approach, but I do hope if the high five system is implemented, that change to the system to optimize its effect on the board and posters is given as much attention as the changing the board with the system has garnered so far. Like a democracy I dobn't expect everyone to agree with either for or against, but so long as everyone is open to compromise to make the system as likeable for all parties as possible, I think the only thing that will happen is a winning formula!
    Last edited by BigBroncLove; 09-27-2007 at 10:07 PM.
    Temp sig till I find another one

personally I'd like the high fives to be out in the open with name on them. I dislike anything being anonymous.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

To me its npot about the high fives you get but the ones you give - we have a pretty close knit group at the moment and I cant see the members we have abusing (if its even possible) this system
    Also, tned and crew arent dumb they will pick up on the tards that abuse it
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information