Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ziggy's Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Default Ziggy's Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Here's my way too early mock draft-

ROUND 1-

MLB Denzel Perryman- 5-10 1/2 242
    Perryman is one of the most vicious hitters in the draft. He brings a nasty disposition and is a team leader on and off of the field. The 2014 team captain would bring something that the Broncos haven't had at the linebacker position since Al Wilson retired. A MLB that plays the game with violence. His height will drop him down in the draft, but he's a very instinctual inside linebacker with a nose for the ball. He's decent in coverage for his size. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for with instincts and field awareness.

ROUND 2-

C- Hroniss Grasu- 6'3 298
    Grassu is my favorite center in the draft. He's a plug and play guy in the ZBS for the next decade. Now that we have the blocking scheme in place, it's time to start re-building that offensive line. Grasu does well at getting to the 2nd level. The 2014 all American was also a Remington trophy finalist the last 2 years.

ROUND 3-

T Daryl Williams- 6'5 334
    Williams had an up and down senior bowl. He's not a polished product, but he has great size, long arms, and surprisingly quick feet for his size. Williams played right and left tackle in college, but I think his future in the NFL is at RT.

ROUND 5a-

TE Nick Boyle- 6'4 267
    Boyle is a small school product that's a well rounded TE. He's surprisingly agile for his size with good hands. The Kubiak system demands a TE that can block, and Boyle fits the bill.

ROUND 5b-

FB Jalston Fowler- 6'1 248
    When it comes to the FB position in the 2015 draft, there's Jalston Fowler and there's everyone else. He's a devastating blocker with soft hands. Fowler was a 4 star RB in high school. If not for the depth at Alabama, he might have been a star tailback. Fowler can block, run, catch, and pass protect. He's a day 1 starter in Denver. I can't wait to see the return of the fullback at Mile High.

ROUND 6-

S Tim Scott- 6'0 195
    Scott played cornerback until the last game of last season. He was moved to free safety this year. He should add some depth on special teams while he continues to develop at safety.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I could stand behind a draft like that, although I don't know if Denver could get Williams in the third.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think they have a 4th and 7th round pick now Ziggy.

Boyle is supposed to be a blocking TE but he looked plenty athletic in the Senior Bowl.

As far as MLB/ILB is concerned, I've been on Bernardrick McKinney since recruiting, I'd hope they take him over Perriman. Especially for a 3-4 defense, he has better take on and shed ability than either Travathon or Marshall and he can play OLB as well. He's also a firery guy too, not the QB of the defense but Denver has Travathon and Marshall for that.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 01-25-2015 at 08:41 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Not bad. I'm leaning towards O-line in the 1st, but you address that in the 2nd and 3rd, so I can't argue with that. Not sure who I like better, Perryman or McKinney, because I haven't really studied them but I hear good things.

8. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I like it.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

Boyle is supposed to be a blocking TE but he looked plenty athletic in the Senior Bowl.

As far as MLB/ILB is concerned, I've been on Bernardrick McKinney since recruiting, I'd hope they take him over Perriman. Especially for a 3-4 defense, he has better take on and shed ability than either Travathon or Marshall and he can play OLB as well. He's also a firery guy too, not the QB of the defense but Denver has Travathon and Marshall for that.
    They are projected to, but nothing has been made official yet. We should also get at least one 6th.

12. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

It's gonna be nice to see a FB again.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Love the draft. I would like to see a FS in here, particularly early, but I would not be upset if it went down this way.....on thing I will say is that I expect us to draft a qb. We get one seemingly every year, not that I want us to do so, but we always do.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

16. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Not bad. Let's find out which defensive scheme we are using before taking an MLB. If we're a 3-4, that's going to be a wasted pick. But, in general, seems like a good start. We may need to look much higher for a TE if Julius isn't re-signed.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

I like Perryman.

20. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

I would really hope we pick an offensive lineman in the first two rounds. We need a true right tackle so Louis Vasquez can return to guard and Manny Ramirez can hit the bricks.

Also, nothing stunts a prospective quarterback's growth (Osweiler or others) more than a defective offensive line. Just look at the difference between the two Carrs, David and Derek. David had all the tools but was simply hung out to dry because of Houston's inability to pass block.

On the other hand, Derek was able to progress his rookie year (21 TDs, 12 INTs) without any sort of running game and with a replacement-level receiving corps. If we invest in our offensive line, whoever is behind center post-Manning will be able to develop to the best of their abilities.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived WJK For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Not bad. Let's find out which defensive scheme we are using before taking an MLB. If we're a 3-4, that's going to be a wasted pick. But, in general, seems like a good start. We may need to look much higher for a TE if Julius isn't re-signed.
    Perryman will fit in both schemes. His coverage skills are average, his run stopping skills are very very good.

24. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    His coverage skills are average
    If we're facing a lot of 3-wide formations, he'll be on the bench. ILBs are a declining species. Yes, I'd love to have one too but a #1 pick that only sees action half the defensive snaps is a luxury. I'm not saying Perryman is the wrong guy. I'm saying the game now requires LBs to be better than average in coverage and/or blitzing to stay on the field.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    If we're facing a lot of 3-wide formations, he'll be on the bench. ILBs are a declining species. Yes, I'd love to have one too but a #1 pick that only sees action half the defensive snaps is a luxury. I'm not saying Perryman is the wrong guy. I'm saying the game now requires LBs to be better than average in coverage and/or blitzing to stay on the field.
    Ray Lewis had average cover skills. Instincts and awareness more than made up for his shortcomings in coverage. Is Perryman that kind of linebacker? I think it's a possibility.

27. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

McKinney will be long gone. He's an athletic freak. Once he hits the combine he's going to fly up the first round. He'll probably run around a 4.50 at 245 pounds. I think he ends up going top 15 in the end.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information