Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway Said to be High on Quarterback Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    At this point I would be okay and just okay with lock or Haskins at 10, but there's no way I trade up for either of those guys. Regardless of making a case for Haskins he still has warts, and the thing for lock is he's another guy with a quirky personality. So take it for what it is but I have a customer from Missouri who son played against lock throughout their high school years, he described him as a big dumb dork. Now I'm sure his team lost to lock repeatedly in that could definitely impact his opinion of Drew, but we just had a big gifted dorky quarterback who flamed out.

There is a difference between dork and dumbass.

Dorks:
    Peyton
    Eli
    Brady
    Rivers

Dumbass:
    Lynch
    Manziel
    Mallett

There is nothing wrong with being a dork. The guy is smart and wont get into trouble and likely will get along with teamates just fine. What he may not have is that Raw Raw IT factor that Tebow has. The inspiring thing. He may also not be able to read a defense yet or at all. Those we cannot tell. But being a dork is fine. Paxton was and is a clown. He was never a dork. I think there is a big difference here. One that is important to note. They are not the same personality wise or mentally imo.

FTR I never liked Paxton. I do like Lock. I am not sure he can raw raw his team to get up and make the winning drive, but I also do not think he is incapable of driving down the field to make the winning drive either.

Look at our very own board.

NTL = Dork. (not a dumbass)

Dumbasses:
    Shane (I still love you shane)
    Frey and Northy

Big difference
    Last edited by underrated29; 02-08-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Phewww, glad i wasnt used as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Phewww, glad i wasnt used as an example.

You keep it up with your "I mean" and "should of" and I will have no choice but to demonstrate at your expense. For now, you are clear of all wrongdoing.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You keep it up with your "I mean" and "should of" and I will have no choice but to demonstrate at your expense. For now, you are clear of all wrongdoing.
    I mean, i should of been used but wasnt. ...

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I mean, i should of been used but wasnt. ...
    I successfully know how to work and use the edit function, Northy. Better watch it SMARTass
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

9. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

I mean you have to realize it's intentional at this point right? You should of never said anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean you have to realize it's intentional at this point right? You should of never said anything about it.
    This travesty will not stand!
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

This travesty will not stand!

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I couldnt draft murray unless he is more candid about his commitment to football. Came of horribly with patrick
    That's what the interview process at the combine and the private workout process is for. Murray is a competitor and a team player, so it's more about his willingness to commit to the Denver Broncos over the Oakland A's than it is to commit to football over baseball. Guy did nothing but give is blood, sweat, and tears for OU, and I would expect him to do the same for the Broncos if he is drafted. I expect him to use baseball as a means to control where he lands though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    That's what the interview process at the combine and the private workout process is for. Murray is a competitor and a team player, so it's more about his willingness to commit to the Denver Broncos over the Oakland A's than it is to commit to football over baseball. Guy did nothing but give is blood, sweat, and tears for OU, and I would expect him to do the same for the Broncos if he is drafted. I expect him to use baseball as a means to control where he lands though.
    I doubt he will have the kind of leverage Elway or the Mannings had. I haven't heard that he's viewed as first overall pick in his draft class. If he gets to cute about it he'll drop.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-08-2019 at 10:56 PM.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I think you need to watch The Dan Patrick interview. He didn't come off well at all. And I understand the interview process will be important, but when you're already talking about a guy that's going to be viewed skeptically because of his size, and then you toss out the baseball, then you toss out the fact that many view him as a system quarterback, and he doesn't do himself any favors unless he says yes I'm committedt wholeheartedly to football over baseball

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

When Elway is "high" on a QB:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think you need to watch The Dan Patrick interview. He didn't come off well at all. And I understand the interview process will be important, but when you're already talking about a guy that's going to be viewed skeptically because of his size, and then you toss out the baseball, then you toss out the fact that many view him as a system quarterback, and he doesn't do himself any favors unless he says yes I'm committedt wholeheartedly to football over baseball
    I don't Murray has the kind of leverage that Elway or the Mannings had. He's got a ton talent but he's not being talk number one overall pick in the draft. Elway had baseball but he was also prototypical quarterback. Fair or unfair Murray being 5'10" and 195 lbs is going cause teams to take pause.

20. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I doubt he will have the kind of leverage Elway or the Mannings had. I haven't heard that he's viewed as first overall pick in his draft class. If he gets to cute about it he'll drop.
    Murray is a better baseball prospect than Elway was, so arguably he has more leverage in that his baseball threat is more credible.

Issue is... How good of a football prospect is Murray really? He had one year as the full time starter at OSU, and was arguably better than Mayfield who went #1 last year. Murray is a polarizing prospect by nature, but is it one of those scenarios where he really is a top-5 pick talent that sneaks down to 10, or is he a top 140 talent that sneaks down to 32?

Either way, there's no way in hell this guy doesn't sneak his baseball signing bonus as long as he can. Scott Boras is extremely pissed at this whole scenario, because he now has to go to all the MLB teams and apologize, plus he has to register with the NFLPA as an NFL agent to keep a QB that might be going top 10 and receive massive endorsements, because his guy is a straight-up baller.

Basically. I would take Murray at 10 if he committed privately to Elway, but kept saying he was going to play baseball publicly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Until he grows 3 inches, I won't be interested....
    Brees, Wilson, baker have proved this thinking to be quite passé. Short qb’s can be just as successful as the giraffes

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information