Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TV shows that flopped

Default TV shows that flopped

Which shows that you watch or have watched started out great, but by the end of their series, flopped? (Most TV shows probably fit this category).

To start off, I'll list Heroes.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Jake and the Fat Man.

Loved that show.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Men Behaving Badly.

I loved that show then half the cast got pissed and left and then it sucked.

Also, Titus. Titus was badass then Christopher Titus and Fox got into a knockdown dragout brawl and the show just ended.

Norm was awesome. Norm MacDonald just might be the funniest human being to ever live but he cant keep a TV show to save his life.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

"Police Squad!" was a TV series in the early 1980s that was the forerunner to the Naked Gun movies. It bombed in the ratings and was shut down after a few episodes. The producers reasoned that tv audiences were too distracted in the home to notice many of the sight gags. In a movie theatre, however, the audience paid full attention so the jokes worked better.

A true story is that the "Nordberg" character was played on the tv series by a white guy who looked more like a male model than a cop. The studio suggested he be replaced by O.J. Simpson and in one of those odd foreshadowing comments told the producers they wanted O.J. in the role because they thought he "looked like he could kill somebody if he had to". That's how a black man wound up with a Swedish name in a movie.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

6. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

loved Chase, and I think it was called Mad Love? had the kid from amertcan pie and the girl from scrubs. both ended quick but i liked them

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Mad Love was pretty good. Heroes was awesome...and then the writers apparently started dropping acid and it went to shit really fast

I really enjoyed Heroes, until they did what Coach suggested. Too bad, too.

Another one to the list is Ally McBeal. I really enjoyed the shows I did watch, back in the 90's when it first aired. I didn't watch it past the third season and forgot why, so I've been watching it on Netflix. Now I know. The fourth season was okay and the fifth is like beating a dead horse.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The biggest decline from original to spin-off; "After MASH." As funny as the original "MASH" was, "After MASH" was boring.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Heroes was a great example.

Battlestar Galactica (the new one) is another. The writing for the first two seasons was FANTASTIC. The writers were brilliant in there insights as to how religion with the cyborgs and the ties with greek mythology. Truly brilliant.

Then, they must have fired all the writers or something, because it fell off a cliff.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Lights Out on FX. Former Heavyweight Champion comes out of retirement. Great show, dark, gritty, superb acting. Cant understand why it didn't make it....
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Traffic Light. Premiered last year. I thought it was really funny, but it didn't get any ratings and Fox cancelled it.

That being said, everybody Watch Community every week. One of the funniest shows on TV, and its in danger of getting canceled.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

14. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Traffic Light. Premiered last year. I thought it was really funny, but it didn't get any ratings and Fox cancelled it.

That being said, everybody Watch Community every week. One of the funniest shows on TV, and its in danger of getting canceled.

The first two seasons of Community are consistently excellent. But this season has been underwhelming to me a few times. Makes me sad.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Oh and The mother****in' Office.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I liked the Sarah Conner Chronicles, even though Fox made it.
    Last edited by sneakers; 04-07-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The first two seasons of Community are consistently excellent. But this season has been underwhelming to me a few times. Makes me sad.
    They need to show off Allison Brie's boobies a little more in that show, and then it would get my attention.

19. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information