Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Nothing, nor did I claim it would. I am simply saying even if the team has to be moved, we need ownership in place. Not sure where the disconnect is here.
    I think the disconnect is coming from the new owners perspective of moving the team, I’m wondering where you think that would come into play from the new owners perspective … not from your perspective, the new owners. If you are the perspective buyer what would you gain from moving? There’s no upside.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think the disconnect is coming from the new owners perspective of moving the team, I’m wondering where you think that would come into play from the new owners perspective … not from your perspective, the new owners. If you are the perspective buyer what would you gain from moving? There’s no upside.
    Do we want to take the time to make a pros/cons list?

Sure there could be upside, maybe they have a bigger market, maybe they have a sweet deal in place for a stadium, maybe they want to bring a sports team to a market that has gotten them to the point they are at. Its a prestige thing too.

There are reasons and there could be upside.

In the end, I dont care where they live, what ever it takes to make this team something better than it is right now. End of story.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Again, IF the team is purchased and moved, it would be fine in my eyes. IF it brought stability to the franchise.

I grew up in Denver. Went to school in Evergreen. My step dad had season tickets, I made all but 1 game a season for 6 years. (including pre-season). I went to greeley and watched training camp. A lot of people have a LONG history with this team. My earliest memories are orange and blue.

I never claimed new ownership was the end cure, but it sure as hell would go a long way to stabilizing what is happening now. If that means drastic changes happen, so be it.
    I understand your frustration and let's face it these last 2 years haven't been a picnic on any level in general.

If you went to Greeley, so much fun back then, so much, you also remember that the team had a lot of ups and downs then also. The 2 Super Bowl wins made that all kind of fade out. North reminded me that at one time John wasn't sure that the Broncos were for him and the press was yelling that he didn't have what it took to win the big one so we should just move on. Thank goodness non of that happened.

I hate sounding so old but I am so I guess I just roll with the punches and enjoy being a fan even in the less than stellar times. These guys have brought something in my life I wouldn't have had without them. In Greeley I use to stay up there after practice and just talk with different players in between meetings and got to just visit. This gave me the courage to start my own business and talk to people for a living, believe it or not I use to be shy back then, people from high school can't believe how much I changed.

Finding that balance of owner/management, coaching and players is really, really tough. So I'll just keep cheering and hope that people that understand this business a whole lot better than I do get it right. I just really want them to stay in Denver because I think it will leave a giant hole in my community if they leave.
    Getting Stoked

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That would be ideal

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

It would
    Be great to have manning be the face of the broncos ownership

I hope Manning can participate as a minority owner. It was probably always a VERY long shot to get 7 kids to pass up 1/7th of $3 billion in order to give one of their siblings control of the Broncos, and maybe only get millions (if that) in income from the Broncos. In on hand, $400 million or more, in the other hand, one of your siblings is the face of the Broncos, and depending on the state of the Broncos financials, you maybe get $1 to $10 million a year.

Can't really blame them for cashing in, although my preference would have been for them to sort it out and keep it in the Bowlen family, if a competent kid took over.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I hope Manning can participate as a minority owner. It was probably always a VERY long shot to get 7 kids to pass up 1/7th of $3 billion in order to give one of their siblings control of the Broncos, and maybe only get millions (if that) in income from the Broncos. In on hand, $400 million or more, in the other hand, one of your siblings is the face of the Broncos, and depending on the state of the Broncos financials, you maybe get $1 to $10 million a year.

Can't really blame them for cashing in, although my preference would have been for them to sort it out and keep it in the Bowlen family, if a competent kid took over.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I believe Peyton will be passionate about the Broncos, where I don’t see that in the Bowlen kids.

14. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I believe Peyton will be passionate about the Broncos, where I don’t see that in the Bowlen kids.
    Having little knowledge about the Bowlen kids, other than media reports, I do believe Brittany would have been a good owner and truly cares about the Broncos.

The rest of her family is trash though.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Having little knowledge about the Bowlen kids, other than media reports, I do believe Brittany would have been a good owner and truly cares about the Broncos.

The rest of her family is trash though.
    That was my sense as well. She was putting in the work. Interning at a consulting outfit. Working at the NFL office. Working for the Broncos. Etc. To prepare herself to be involved in managing the Broncos. Obviously, it would have been better if she had been working for, and with, her dad, but clearly she was putting in the time and effort to meet the trust's requirements for an owner.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Yeah, that’s why Beth Bowlen actually got herself qualified and then fought tooth and nail to take what she earned.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Yeah, that’s why Beth Bowlen actually got herself qualified and then fought tooth and nail to take what she earned.
    Yea, nothing like a party planning business and a token Broncos event as proof of putting in the work necessary to run a multi billion dollar sports franchise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yea, nothing like a party planning business and a token Broncos event as proof of putting in the work necessary to run a multi billion dollar sports franchise.
    Uh huh! She was doing what was asked until the Politicians wiped their ass with her and installed the candidate of their choice.

Why am I not surprised that you and Joe hitch your wagons to the politicians?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Uh huh! She was doing what was asked until the Politicians wiped their ass with her and installed the candidate of their choice.

Why am I not surprised that you and Joe hitch your wagons to the politicians?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information