Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kiszla: Just lose, baby. Broncos can count on Vance Joseph to mess it up, as coach did again against Texans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kiszla: Just lose, baby. Broncos can count on Vance Joseph to mess it up, as coach did again against Texans.

In this football season, it’s all over except the tanking for the Broncos. Vance Joseph is just the man for the job. His coaching hurts on the field, but promises to help Denver in the NFL draft.

“I don’t have a problem with how we’re coaching and how we’re playing. We’ve got to finish games better,” Joseph said Sunday, after the Broncos lost, 19-17, to Houston.

Can I get somebody to second that motion? Or does Joseph need to buy a vowel and get a clue to solve this puzzle called football?
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/0...h-mark-kiszla/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Any legitimate reason for Elway not to fire Radio today?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Any legitimate reason for Elway not to fire Radio today?
    Outside shot at playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Outside shot at playoffs.
    So, let's assume that's legitimate. They get to the wildcard game and lose (because no one is going to argue they get past that first game), what then? What possible benefit is that? That's worse than tanking the season.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

So, let's assume that's legitimate. They get to the wildcard game and lose (because no one is going to argue they get past that first game), what then? What possible benefit is that? That's worse than tanking the season.
    I disagree, you play this game to get to the dance, even if its a wildcard you still got a shot to get lucky and catch fire. I will never be pissed about making it to the playoffs...
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

There is no way in hell this team is gonna make a run under VJ. He isnt capable.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    There is no way in hell this team is gonna make a run under VJ. He isnt capable.
    Worst part is that this team is performing despite the staff. Have to wonder what could be under a legitimately good staff. Also the worst part is that it will be a big risl to go after the young mastermind that we really need because consecutive bad staffs will put is in football purgatory

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Worst part is that this team is performing despite the staff.
    IMO, that's the best part. . . replacing a coaching staff is a hell of a lot easier than turning over most of your roster. . .

12. The Following 8 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    IMO, that's the best part. . . replacing a coaching staff is a hell of a lot easier than turning over most of your roster. . .
    Good point dog

14. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Agreed. That actually happened to the Chefs a few years ago, and Buffalo and the Titans too.

Fortunately, it's also quite impossible for the Broncos to win 6 out of 7 which is what it would take at a minimum to get into the playoffs. Just try and imagine this team suddenly going on a roll like that and beating the Chargers twice, the Steelers and the Bengals.

You know that's never going to happen. Nobody has to argue you into that realization, including me. You already know it if you've watched any Broncos games this year.

Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    They're turning over most of the roster too, starting with drafting a QB.

2019 UFAs: Jared Veldheer UFA - Domata Peko DT UFA - Tramaine Brock CB UFA - Shaquil Barrett OLB UFA - Matt Paradis C UFA - Shane Ray OLB UFA - Billy Turner G UFA - Bradley Roby CB UFA - Zach Kerr DE UFA - Adam-Pacman Jones CB UFA - Shamarko Thomas SS UFA - Shelby Harris DE RFA - Jeff Heuerman TE UFA - Max Garcia G UFA - Kevin Hogan QB RFA - Casey Kreiter LS RFA - Jordan Taylor WR RFA - Jerrol Garcia-Williams ILB ERFA

Most of these guys will not be back. That list does not even include guys like Derek Wolfe, Brandon Marshall, and possibly Sanders, any or all of whom might be traded for draft picks.

If they are drafting a QB and starting over, and obviously they are, then there's no point in keeping a bunch of ageing veterans around who are taking up salary cap room. They're not going to compete for anything next year with a rookie QB anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    They're turning over most of the roster too, starting with drafting a QB.

2019 UFAs: Jared Veldheer UFA - Domata Peko DT UFA - Tramaine Brock CB UFA - Shaquil Barrett OLB UFA - Matt Paradis C UFA - Shane Ray OLB UFA - Billy Turner G UFA - Bradley Roby CB UFA - Zach Kerr DE UFA - Adam-Pacman Jones CB UFA - Shamarko Thomas SS UFA - Shelby Harris DE RFA - Jeff Heuerman TE UFA - Max Garcia G UFA - Kevin Hogan QB RFA - Casey Kreiter LS RFA - Jordan Taylor WR RFA - Jerrol Garcia-Williams ILB ERFA

Most of these guys will not be back. That list does not even include guys like Derek Wolfe, Brandon Marshall, and possibly Sanders, any or all of whom might be traded for draft picks.

If they are drafting a QB and starting over, and obviously they are, then there's no point in keeping a bunch of ageing veterans around who are taking up salary cap room. They're not going to compete for anything next year with a rookie QB anyway.

Theyll keep:

Shaq
    Shelby
    Turner
    IRman
    Paradis

The rest are old or not that good anyway. Not a big deal. Marshall will be gone for sure. So will Dstew. We also will have almost 100 mil to play with in FA.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah I’m starting to hope that they keep IRman.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

they're not going to let every single one of their free agents go!

come on, now. . . they will quite likely keep turner, peko, thomas, harris, heuerman, kreiter, and taylor. . . leaving you with maybe 15 guys who will be replaced. . . in other words, standard movement for an NFL off-season. . . it's cute how panicky some of you get when we lose a few games, though. . .

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

They should talk Ray into a one-year-prove-it-deal and have him get surgery immediately after the signing.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

23. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information