Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else growing concerned about Chubb?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Default Anyone else growing concerned about Chubb?

I keep an eye on him. He is not getting off blocks, really at all. He is not making an impact. Not anywhere close to what I was hoping for. I know, I know it is only two games. That is the kind of position where it really should not matter that much that he is a rookie. Meaning, it is not a matter of knowing the playbook and all of that.

Btw, that 4th down play yesterday where the Raiders fullback dropped the ball. I have no idea what Chubb was doing on that play. LUCKILY the FB dropped the ball. If you get a chance, watch that play. I am not sure what Chubb was doing there.

Anyone else concerned, or am I being too harsh?

2. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

He’s young man. I don’t really remember Vons rookie year. He would disappear for stretches. There has to be some kind of learning curve. Once he gets some games under him he will unload. His size and speed is Elite. Couple that with Von on the other side and he will definitely improve.
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Good grief.

6. The Following 12 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    I keep an eye on him. He is not getting off blocks, really at all. He is not making an impact. Not anywhere close to what I was hoping for. I know, I know it is only two games. That is the kind of position where it really should not matter that much that he is a rookie. Meaning, it is not a matter of knowing the playbook and all of that.

Btw, that 4th down play yesterday where the Raiders fullback dropped the ball. I have no idea what Chubb was doing on that play. LUCKILY the FB dropped the ball. If you get a chance, watch that play. I am not sure what Chubb was doing there.

I think you're being overly concerned with only being two games into the season. Also J.J. Watt had 5.5 sacks in his first season before he took off. His line mate Jadeveon Clowney really didn't have a breakout season until last year and that was his fourth in the League. Like Clowney, Chubb is also being asked learn a new position.

I can only speak for myself, and so personally I'm not worried.

8. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

he sounds like a fatass. I'm concerned about his weight

How did he grade out yesterday? He was pretty dominant the first week.

I’d be interested how much success the Raiders had running at him. My gut says not much.i think they were running at the other side of our line when they were having success.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 09-17-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post

Agreed on the fourth down play. He decided the FB wasn't the target and was falling back to help cover the TE or whoever was running that next level route. Since that receiver was covered, he should have stayed on the FB.

Other than that, no concerns, he's a rookie starting from day one. He's learning how to be an NFL player.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

concerned is a bit strong.

but yea, i agree, he isnt doing much out there.

I saw a couple plays where they had him stunt back to the inside and he just looked slow.

Part of that is also because Woods refuses to play press coverage and allow his pass rush to get sacks.

Which makes me wonder why even draft a pass rusher? If you are not going to run schemes that benefit pass rush?

Woods and his zone d nonsense against Marshawn Lynch who barely got any carries.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Agreed on the fourth down play. He decided the FB wasn't the target and was falling back to help cover the TE or whoever was running that next level route. Since that receiver was covered, he should have stayed on the FB.

Other than that, no concerns, he's a rookie starting from day one. He's learning how to be an NFL player.
    Yeah he screwed up that forth down play big time. Got big time bailed out. Otherwise, though, I can't say I'm worried. He'll be fine.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah he screwed up that forth down play big time. Got big time bailed out. Otherwise, though, I can't say I'm worried. He'll be fine.
    He looked like he was going to stick with the fullback for a second and then carried up field, I was telling at the TV before the ball ever left Carr's hand.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Rookie....2nd regular season game....taking some of the focus off Von Miller.....Chubb will be fine. An individual will make mistakes only to learn and get better.

17. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Chubb had a great 1st game overall. He's going to stick out from time to time like a dumb rookie. He kinda is, for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

That Raiders O-line is no joke. They hold up pretty well over the course of a game.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

Yes he made a mistake on that fourth down play but this is guy trying to learn a new position. He did play in coverage while he was at NCST. but he still has a substantial learning curve.

Chubb, no. Keenum, abit.

24. The Following 7 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information