Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bears 09/15/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just got back a few hours ago and just some quick thoughts:

The Good:

• Flacco made some good throws when he had time and was clutch on TWO fourth down conversions down the stretch. He is the least of my worries right now and I feel he actually gives us a chance to win.
    • Freeman is starting to show some pop, I think he should feature more than Lindsay going forward
    • Overall the defense played good despite not getting pressure, but dammit they need to create more pressure
    • Loved the balls Fangio had to go for the win at the end

The Bad:

• Broncos fans sold A LOT of seats and it sucked to see so many Bears fans. After the Flacco INT people started leaving in droves and the chant of LETS GO BEARS was drowning out the crowd near the end of the 4th when they were driving to tie the game
    • Good calls by the ref or bad, I wanted to see Chubb or Von come up with some pressure on the last drive by the Bears. They never should've gotten down close enough for a FG
    • Speaking of "never should've..." how they hell did they call a time out with one second left when the play wasn't blown dead? Seeing it live it looked like for sure he was down after the zeroes hit.

All in all I don't have high expectations for the Broncos this year, but this was a winnable game against a good team. I just want to see them put it all together for four quarters and build on what they did good.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

2 games. No sacks. No turnovers. Any stat gurus wanna tell me the last time that happened? Seriously? I wanna know.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I don't think a player can "give himself up" aside from sliding feet first, or the QB on a kneel down. Beyond that, a player has to get out of bounds or touched down by the defense.
    They cannot give themselves up. Only a QB can.

I like your optimism.
    My soul has been dead inside since Trevor killed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Broncos players react to emotional roller coaster following last-second loss

Sep 15, 2019
    Emmanuel Sanders, Phillip Lindsay, Bradley Chubb, and Chris Harris Jr. react to the Broncos' last-second loss against the Bears.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...st-second-loss

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Examining the final stretch of the Broncos' last-second defeat

From article
    Fourth-and-15. Nine seconds to play. Chicago 40-yard line. Trubisky pass to Robinson for 25 yards.

“I feel like if I could do my job and get him on the ground, it wouldn’t have even been there,” Von Miller said. “It’s a double loss for me. Tough day.”

Chris Harris Jr. flew over to touch Robinson down, and both teams spilled onto the field.

“They had a man on the left side,” Harris said. “I saw a dude wide open. I didn’t see the clock. I just saw the dude wide open and I needed to get him down.”

The Broncos seemed to think the game was over, that the clock had hit 0:00. But the Bears argued a second should be put back on the clock — and the referees agreed.

“At the end of the day, the clock is at zero,” Derek Wolfe said. “Where does that one second come from?”

On a replay of that final offensive snap, Robinson appears to be down with one second remaining — but there is no angle of Bears head coach Matt Nagy calling a timeout.

It was awarded.
    full article - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/e...-second-defeat

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    They cannot give themselves up. Only a QB can.
    Any player can give themselves up.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Thank you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Maybe a little, but, who else are they going to put out there? Unless they're bringing someone new in we're probably stuck with Bolles.
    this is the issue. . . think a UDFA is going to be any better? i highly doubt it. . . if james was healthy, i'd be calling for him to play on the left, with risner on the right. . . i don't think jacob rogers is gonna improve things, though. . . bolles is probably too dumb and defensive to learn anything from being benched anyway. . . if he has another game like today, it may get bad enough that they just don't have any choice, but IMO, right now you grit your teeth, and hope munchak can eventually make some progress with him. . . it certainly looks like we'll have to make a move there next off-season. . .

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    or in denver's case, every player. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Except... it didn't win... this doesn't bode well...

Attachment 14940
    Oh so now votes matter?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm curious why the ref called the roughing the passer. It looked clean to me, but I've noticed in a couple games today, they called roughing the passer due to the body weight thingy.
    Maybe they felt it would be a more dramatic ending if the Bears were spotted a free 1st down and an extra 15 yards with 30ish seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    2 games. No sacks. No turnovers. Any stat gurus wanna tell me the last time that happened? Seriously? I wanna know.
    Defensive minded coaches dropping them into coverage because their system is set on fast lbers, which they don't have and they didn't draft a single one. Wile E. Coyote suppppppppagenius.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Defensive minded coaches dropping them into coverage because their system is set on fast lbers, which they don't have and they didn't draft a single one. Wile E. Coyote suppppppppagenius.
    Then, the coaches need to change their system to take advantage of what is best for the defensive players.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 51m
    Fangio: “In regards to the officiating, I’m just going to quote Sean Payton … ‘We can’t control poor officiating or awful calls’ … we still have to find a way to win the game, regardless of what’s happening"

Fangio, on the increase of holding calls: “We have to address that … those are drive-stoppers. We’ve got to be able to block our guy without holding."

Cecil Lammey@CecilLammey 50m
    "There was a lot of good out there on both sides of the ball. We'll applaud the good and critique the not so good." Vic Fangio #Broncos @1043TheFan

Fangio: “I don’t know that we’re witnessing” death by inches now. Says that “death by inches” is more what goes on during the week, Monday through Saturday.

But Fangio also says holding penalties are “death by inches … although a holding penalty is more than an inch."
    Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 50m
    Fangio, on Bolles’ penalties: “Three of the four were on running penalties. He’s just got to be a little bit more technique sound. I think he thinks he’s in good position sometimes and he dumps the guy at the end."

Fangio said Bolles “needs to do a better job” of listening to the explanation of why the holding penalties are happening.

Ryan Edwards @redwardsradio 48m
    Fangio on the decision for the 2-pt conversion “that was my decision totally. Went with my gut” #BroncosCountry

Fangio: “With our depth the way it is at this point” taking Bolles out for a series or two “probably wouldn’t be an option."

Mike Klis @MikeKlis 49m
    Fangio said plan is Todd Davis, Bryce Callahan to be ready this week. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 49m
    Vic Fangio said "it's possible" they add depth to the offensive line. "But it all depends on what's available."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 48m
    Fangio on lack of sacks: “We’ve had two unusual games in that the other teams has run the ball more than they’ve thrown it … We’ve been behind in both games.” Getting more sacks involves being in better situations. But “our rush wasn’t good enough” on final series.

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala 47m
    Vic Fangio said he didn't believe there was a second left on the clock on the Bears' 25-yard completion. "Nothing in life, in the world, happens simultaneously. They deemed there was no lag time there."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 46m
    Fangio: “You should get more than 14 points with 27 first downs."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver 8m
    Thirteen of Mitchell Trubisky’s 27 passes against the Broncos on Sunday were out in fewer than 2.0 seconds. Over the course of Weeks 1 and 2, 26 of 53 passes against the Broncos were released in fewer than 2.0 seconds

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Hey guys, sorry I'm late to the thread, I was held up by Garret Bolles.

23. The Following 12 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information