Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saad traded to Columbus

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Daley will be allowed to do his offensive thing in Chicago because they will probably pair him with Seabrook or Hjalmarsson, who are both very defensively sound. I would love for them to be able to re-sign Oduya but I don't see it happening. Unfortunately the NHL's archaic hard cap makes it impossible for successful teams to keep their players, but at the same time, rewarding the worst teams for not doing their job.

BTW... I wonder if the weather girl that Sharp impregnated is going to move to Dallas with Sharp's family?
    Meh...in 2 years, no one will care. I think the deal was more about Johns than about Sharp anyway. And good luck with Daley doing his "offensive thing". God knows he doesnt do a defensive thing.

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Meh...in 2 years, no one will care. I think the deal was more about Johns than about Sharp anyway. And good luck with Daley doing his "offensive thing". God knows he doesnt do a defensive thing.
    Have you seen Johns? He's not much to get excited about... if he was, he would have been playing in the playoffs when the Blackhawks were forced into playing 3 defensemen over 30 minutes a game because lack of D depth. Hard to believe they thought much of him when they would rather throw a 44 year old Timonen out there for 4 minutes a game over him. There was some noise before the draft that they would package him up for a pick.

I really like the looks of your top 9 forwards now though, very deep. Pretty crazy they didn't make the playoffs last season, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

Have you seen Johns? He's not much to get excited about... if he was, he would have been playing in the playoffs when the Blackhawks were forced into playing 3 defensemen over 30 minutes a game because lack of D depth. Hard to believe they thought much of him when they would rather throw a 44 year old Timonen out there for 4 minutes a game over him. There was some noise before the draft that they would package him up for a pick.

I really like the looks of your top 9 forwards now though, very deep. Pretty crazy they didn't make the playoffs last season, actually.
    Well we need a big right shot stay at home guy. Johns fits the bill and he was damn good in AHL last year.

We didn't make the playoffs because Lehtonen had a miserable year and our defense was pourous...hence getting rid of Daley.

Well we need a big right shot stay at home guy. Johns fits the bill and he was damn good in AHL last year.

We didn't make the playoffs because Lehtonen had a miserable year and our defense was pourous...hence getting rid of Daley.
    Lehtonen really shit the bed last season. I watched quite a bit of Stars hockey the first half of last year because I thought they would be a fun team to watch. Oh, on that trade... This trade was in the works for a couple of months and was supposed to be done before the draft but Chicago didn't want Garbutt, they were after Roussel but the Stars wouldn't give him up. The Hawks had another trade lined up after that but everything fell through... The two trades together were going to allow the hawks to keep Saad.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

6. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Lehtonen really shit the bed last season. I watched quite a bit of Stars hockey the first half of last year because I thought they would be a fun team to watch. Oh, on that trade... This trade was in the works for a couple of months and was supposed to be done before the draft but Chicago didn't want Garbutt, they were after Roussel but the Stars wouldn't give him up. The Hawks had another trade lined up after that but everything fell through... The two trades together were going to allow the hawks to keep Saad.
    Why I love Jim Nill. Wait it out and get something at a great price. Then that deal allows us to sign Oduya.

Getting hard to be disappointed with our off-season so far.

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information