Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1273

Thread: Coaching Options for 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Other than helping the OL, what does Munchak bring? And if we're blocking other teams from interviewing our current OL coaches (who did a great job this year considering talent and injuries), then what additional value is there?

Out of the candidates we've spoken to, I prefer a guy like Fangio with a young OC (Kingsbury?) and move Herring to DC.
    Kingsbury is likely going to be the Cardinals head coach.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Kingsbury is likely going to be the Cardinals head coach.
    Perhaps...but I still prefer a younger guy with an understanding of the college game. Not interested in running Kubiak back out there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Other than helping the OL, what does Munchak bring? And if we're blocking other teams from interviewing our current OL coaches (who did a great job this year considering talent and injuries), then what additional value is there?

Out of the candidates we've spoken to, I prefer a guy like Fangio with a young OC (Kingsbury?) and move Herring to DC.
    Why Fangio
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Why Fangio
    Just basing it on what appears to be the two guys Elway is most interested in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This Kubiak thing makes me nervous - sounds like we're going to have a lot of cooks in the kitchen. You basically have to have someone like Fangio or Munchak whose reputation is beyond reproach and who is willing to say no to guys like Elway and Kubiak... But IMO it's not ideal for the new coach to have the prior HC on the staff - seems like it'd create a lot of confusion on who is ultimately accountable.

Nate Kreckman was talking about the potential of having Kubiak in some sort of guru/consultant role, bringing in Zac Taylor as OC and promoting Klint Kubiak to QB coach... At least in that scenario, there'd be a buffer between Kubiak and the coaching staff.

The fact that they have Kubiak slated to be the OC/offensive guru is another reason that I think Fangio makes more sense than Munchak at this stage.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Perhaps...but I still prefer a younger guy...
    That stings Chaz.

8. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Remember when we didn’t want to pay Wade in favor of keeping “rising star” Joe Woods?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Remember when we didn’t want to pay Wade in favor of keeping “rising star” Joe Woods?

Same premise that I just noted with Kubiak - having Woods back in a reduced role is not a recipe for success. Let him walk - don't demote him and bring him back, that feels like good way to build shitty locker room chemistry.

Granted - it's probably just a formality as he probably won't be retained by the new coach anyway, but still...

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    This Kubiak thing makes me nervous - sounds like we're going to have a lot of cooks in the kitchen. You basically have to have someone like Fangio or Munchak whose reputation is beyond reproach and who is willing to say no to guys like Elway and Kubiak... But IMO it's not ideal for the new coach to have the prior HC on the staff - seems like it'd create a lot of confusion on who is ultimately accountable.

Nate Kreckman was talking about the potential of having Kubiak in some sort of guru/consultant role, bringing in Zac Taylor as OC and promoting Klint Kubiak to QB coach... At least in that scenario, there'd be a buffer between Kubiak and the coaching staff.

The fact that they have Kubiak slated to be the OC/offensive guru is another reason that I think Fangio makes more sense than Munchak at this stage.
    I don't agree. If the D was the major problem it would make sense. But they can still be at least top 10 if healthy

Munchak makes sense cause a solid OLine would help the O in all facets and help a young QB that will no doubt be coming to Den

I will be pleased with Munchak pending his OC and DC (Not Woods!)
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Who would you liked to have seen? No platitudes, give me names Davidovich.
    Totally reasonable question - and it is important to acknowledge the limits of my knowledge when it comes to other teams coordinators, and coordinators in the college game that could make the transition.

That said, i would have liked them to have considered:

La Fleur
    Di Filippo
    Jim Bob Cooter
    Darrell bevell
    Schwartz
    Fangio
    Gus Bradley (that dude can coach and had a dumpster fire in Jacksonville)
    Chudzinski (waiting to be mocked, but i thought he was not looked after well in Cleveland)
    Wisenhunt (i like his offensive mind and think he is worth another look)
    Jim Harbaugh (i love me some khakis)
    James Franklin
    David Shaw

The one i wanted us to take a run at more than any was Bieniemy

Now, all of the above said - i am the one that thinks the interview is over rated, so using my logic, it is possible, Elway did look at all these coaches and their "body of work" did not meet his criteria and they were therefore ruled out during the season and the only ones left on his list were the ones he asked to interview.
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 01-08-2019 at 02:50 PM.

13. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I don't agree. If the D was the major problem it would make sense. But they can still be at least top 10 if healthy

Munchak makes sense cause a solid OLine would help the O in all facets and help a young QB that will no doubt be coming to Den

This is perfectly reasonable and it's entirely possible that Munchak and Kubiak could complement each other - I'm just thinking from Elway's perspective, if you hire Fangio then you hand the defense over to him and the offense over to Kubiak... If you hire Munchak, then it seems like defense is still a big question mark... And does Kubiak's ZBS history align with Munchak's philosophies? It seems like Fangio is more complementary on paper.

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

The thing I keep in mind is Munchak's OL's haven't always been good. That...and Kugler proved to be VERY competent in that department last season. I don't think too many people would have thought that McGovern/Turner/Wilkinson would be just as good...if not better than Leary/Paradis/McGovern...but they were. So, if we already have a more than competent OL coach...who is drawing interest from other teams...why find a HC that specializes in that area.

Fixing the OL requires better health and talent...not better coaching.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    1h1 hour ago

Broncos DC Joe Woods has received interest as DB coach from Jacksonville and Washington, per sources, but again Elway hanging on to his asst coaches for new HC to evaluate. Woods could stay even he may not have defensive play calling responsibility. #9sports

Mike Klis
    2h2 hours ago

There’s been chatter about where Mike Munchak has been staying in Denver since his HC interview with Broncos last Friday. He’s been staying with his family in Cherry Creek. He was always planning to stay so I would not read into it regarding Broncos HC job. #9sports

Mike Klis
    3h3 hours ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Mike Klis

This explains it. John Elway last week on what he's looking for in next HC: “I want them to be great on one side of the ball ... whether it be a coordinator ... I look for greatness on that side.'' Vic Fangio a great D-coordinator; Mike Muchak a great 0-line coach. #9sport

Mike Klis
    3h3 hours ago

Sure, everyone wants the next Sean McVay. But Broncos approaching coaching search with understanding three of NFL's best are Bill Belichick, 66; Pete Carroll, 67; and Andy Reid, 60. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    3h3 hours ago

Sure, everyone wants the next Sean McVay. But Broncos approaching coaching search with understanding three of NFL's best are Bill Belichick, 66; Pete Carroll, 67; and Andy Reid, 60. #9sports
    King

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I think guys are focusing too much on the candidates current position (or previous position in the case of Pagano). Honestly the HC has 1 big job, lead the team and make the final decisions on stuff. Other than that, his coordinators should be doing the coaching and player development. Of course the HC should mentor his staff, but when you get smart guys with no leadership skills you get McDouche. Just because Munchak is currently an Oline coach doesn’t mean he doesn’t know anything about anything else, or that he’ll even mess with Kugler’s area at all.

Everyone else on the list is in the same situation. The HC can choose to call plays, but in reality, it’s how he chooses to involve himself that makes all the difference. I remember when McDouche tried to get Mike Nolan to change his defense even though it was the only part of the team doing its job.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information