Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2017-18

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That used to be me. I lean Jordan because I, in my opinion, am won over by the massive amounts of scoring titles, first team all-defense, and DPOTY. I also think, and this is opinion, to put up MJ's numbers in an era with great skilled big men and still rough rules that favored the defense, means that MJ's stats are even more impressive.

But, LBJ does LBJ shit. And he's breaking MJ's records. Some of them are just more along the lines of "look, MJ and LBJ had god numbers and LBJ is going to the finals more, so of course he's breaking them," but some of them are just god tier status, context be damned.

It's also worth noting that Kareem was on both of these guy's levels, but he was considered to be such a ***** and edgy that he gets left out. Look at those numbers that guy had - god diggity dayum.
    to me, jordan holds all the tangibles. . . more rings, more MVPs, vastly superior finals record, more scoring titles, more defensive player of the year awards, etc. . . lebron's case has to be constructed largely on what ifs and contextual arguments. . . plus he gets the longevity award. . . i think he has cemented himself as 1A, but i just don't see where the case for him as #1 is really all that strong. . . jordan transcended in ways that lebron hasn't, and that's what the goat should do. . . if you play the what if game with jordan, they should have had 8 titles in a row, and russell beating up like four other teams in the 60s is the only thing that comes close. . .

2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    scottie pippen career stats: 16.1 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 5.2 APG, 2.0 SPG, .8 BPG

dwayne wade career stats: 22.5 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 5.5 APG, 1.6 SPG, .9 BPG

yes, pippen has better rebounding numbers-- he's also 4 inches taller, and played a front court position. . . but wade's overall game is very close, and i think you're significantly underselling the value of being a dominant scorer in the NBA. . . wade was finals MVP in '06, and was probably just as important as bron the heatles' first couple seasons. . . scottie was a sidekick-- wade was a co-star. . . obviously JMO, and it is somewhat apples to oranges, but if i'm starting a team i'll take wade over scottie all day long. . .
    3 inches, Wade is 6’4”, and Pippen is 6’7”, but you have a valid point.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Jordan didn't have Rodman during his first threepeat.

Idk if MJ could have beaten the Warriors with this Cavs team, but he sure as shit wouldn't have been swept. And he sure as **** wouldn't have put up a shitty performance in a game 4 elimination game.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

I think we need a "build your all time great team" thread.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Earl Boykins is on my dream team.

This obviously is outdated but what would your team be based on these players?

I got Magic, Jordan, Durant, Shaq and Garnet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6d1faf27d1c0cff36be6fa15dc51f8d7_crop_north.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	12296  
    Last edited by DenBronx; 06-09-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Jordan didn't have Rodman during his first threepeat.
    No, but he had Horace Grant who was just as good as Kevin Love, and maybe better. He was a true #3 scorer and a good rebounder. He also wasn’t a defensive liability; he was quick.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

Who would I take, or who is the best of all time?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Maybe, and all we have here are opinions. Personally, I don’t think Jordan could have even taken a team like Cleveland to the finals.
    I disagree. Lebron has had it easy in the east compared to when Jordan played. Lebron would have never been able to get the Cavs to the finals in the Jordan era.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    No, but he had Horace Grant who was just as good as Kevin Love, and maybe better. He was a true #3 scorer and a good rebounder. He also wasn’t a defensive liability; he was quick.
    He was a guy who would be the third best team on any championship team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

Who would I take, or who is the best of all time?

Who would you take? That chart is really outdated so it can be anyone. I was just going by that chart for $15. My best all time would be different.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Who would you take? That chart is really outdated so it can be anyone. I was just going by that chart for $15. My best all time would be different.
    Magic, Jordan, James, Nowitzki and Olajuwon.

People will question Nowitzki, but it’s because I need a guy who can drain spot up 3s. The other four players’ defense there should mask his inefficiencies.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

People will question Nowitzki, but it’s because I need a guy who can drain spot up 3s. The other four players’ defense there should mask his inefficiencies.
    Dirk was really good.

I would mirror that list, except maybe Duncan instead of Dirk.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

it's a stupid chart-- but you're still over the cap, midget. . .

i'll take stockton- jordan - LBJ - big ticket - the dream. . . utterly smothering defense, and i've got a buck left to get ray allen or reggie miller on my bench. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information