Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Proposal: Guidelines regarding posting pictures of dead bodies in sigs, avvy and posts

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Roger. Its gotta be hard to not force wield your power. Just making a point. But I might start that thread.
    Let me know if you do. I'm in.....
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2. The Following User High Fived Broncos Mtnman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Except if there were titties, schlongs, pedophiles, dead jews, and **** me jesus pictures. Then all of a sudden you wouldnt be brushing it off correct?

At the end of the day everyone has their limits. What may suit you just fine may not suit another. And hence why it must be discussed and settled one way or another.
    Actually most of those pics really wouldn't bother me, I was just saying they've already been addressed, or at least I think they have, but yes I agree. It's nice that we can discuss these things instead of abiding by a single persons manifesto. We should all be grateful for that and I think most of us are.

4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Tned, what about a picture of a skeleton?
    Bump - so Tned can see this question.

Thanks.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Is that Al Davis sig I had of a mummified head pasted on Al Davis' body still legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Is that Al Davis sig I had of a mummified head pasted on Al Davis' body still legal?
    If it's not it should be...that was classic.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    If you are going to use the faulty polls as the basis for decisions, then why don't you make an effort to get EVERY member to vote, not just the few who choose to visit the forum.

Isn't there some feature to send a mass PM or something? Couldn't it be put at the top of every page like some of the announcements are?

However, if you are going to use a poll as a basis for making your decisions, it seems more could be done to get a true representation of OPINIONS before making a new rule.

We have 689 members (with nearly 400 active) and yet we have a poll where only 45 people vote. That doesn't even qualify as a quorum.
    I don't use polls, I have stated that time and again. I only take into account responses in a thread, which is why you don't see me creating polls in Town Hall threads.

No, there is no mass PM that I am aware of, only the ability to email every member, but I don't think it is appropriate to email every member.

On issues I consider extremely important, like the banning procedures, I post threads in the four main forums, requesting people visit the thread and provide input. Beyond that, there is little I can do.

At a certain point, it is like whether or not a person is going to visit a polling station and be part of the process, or just complain about the results later.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Tned, what about a picture of a skeleton?
    Out of context, I wouldn't even begin to say. If we introduce a no corpse rule, then I would say the mods, and I will have to interpret images on a case by case basis and see if they violate the spirit of the rule.

It is impossible to define every type of image in a rule. At a certain point common sense and good taste should take over, and then the mods have step in when needed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Out of context, I wouldn't even begin to say. If we introduce a no corpse rule, then I would say the mods, and I will have to interpret images on a case by case basis and see if they violate the spirit of the rule.

It is impossible to define every type of image in a rule. At a certain point common sense and good taste should take over, and then the mods have step in when needed.
    I understand, and am not posting this to start any kind of "stir", but if others are allowed to post pictures that are "offensive" to some members, can we post something like this?

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I don't use polls, I have stated that time and again. I only take into account responses in a thread, which is why you don't see me creating polls in Town Hall threads.

No, there is no mass PM that I am aware of, only the ability to email every member, but I don't think it is appropriate to email every member.

On issues I consider extremely important, like the banning procedures, I post threads in the four main forums, requesting people visit the thread and provide input. Beyond that, there is little I can do.

At a certain point, it is like whether or not a person is going to visit a polling station and be part of the process, or just complain about the results later.

The principle still applies tned.

Why not send an email to all members when it's a policy change? And, I would consider rules extremely important, but that's just me.

Thanks for all you do.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    The principle still applies tned.

Why not send an email to all members when it's a policy change? And, I would consider rules extremely important, but that's just me.

Thanks for all you do.
    I understand, and I'll give it some thought. I would like as much feedback as possible, but I think if we go the email route it would have to be infrequent, maybe notifying members about multiple discussions at one time.

I understand, and am not posting this to start any kind of "stir", but if others are allowed to post pictures that are "offensive" to some members, can we post something like this?

As I said, it is all about context. If your reason is to try and piss off the commie/che lovers, then I would say no, it isn't ok.

15. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Who is Che anyways?

I never heard of him until a few days ago
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    Who is Che anyways?

I never heard of him until a few days ago
    Get with the program...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

As I said, it is all about context. If your reason is to try and piss off the commie/che lovers, then I would say no, it isn't ok.
    OK. Now answer me this: Said members (commie/che lovers) purposly have his (or another commie/murderer) as their avatar and/or signature, and the sole purpose is to piss off the AMERICAN's that post on this site.

Is that OK?

Again, Tned, I'm not trying to stir the pot, and am just looking for answers as to what is acceptable, and what is not. Behavior wise...

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

OK. Now answer me this: Said members (commie/che lovers) purposly have his (or another commie/murderer) as their avatar and/or signature, and the sole purpose is to piss off the AMERICAN's that post on this site.

Is that OK?

Again, Tned, I'm not trying to stir the pot, and am just looking for answers as to what is acceptable, and what is not. Behavior wise...
    Joe, you are a patriot and a statesman.

21. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew25 View Post
    Joe, you are a patriot and a statesman.
    I've often thought of running for office, but alas, might have too many "skeletons" in my closet I'm afraid.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information