Page 27 of 120 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Quoted so it doesn't get lost.

North?
    Do I have time to get to it later or no?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

In other words:

I don't have a great response.

Funny you have time to respond to everything else that fits your narrative.

That's cool.
    Quick responses yes. Why are you being such a douche?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Do I have time to get to it later or no?
    I'm not your dad. You can do whatever the **** you want.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quick responses yes. Why are you being such a douche?
    Dude - you started it, I'm just trying to finish it.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Day before he was let go.
    Right. Well there are a number of possibilities, and, without being a member of the FO of
    the Vikings, it's impossible to come up with anything concrete, except for one thing: It
    could not have been because of Keenum's performance in 2017.

Here is one scenario: The Vikings saw giving their QB a $16 million raise and decided to
    play chicken with Keenum. Keenum didn't appreciate that and decided to test the market.
    He already knew that Denver wanted him and has since expressed that, of all the teams,
    Denver was his first choice by far. (That's not entirely difficult to believe with Kubiak and
    VJ, with whom Keenum goes way back, plus Elway, in the FO.) And Keenum is the one
    Denver was after in the first place. So he jumps and signs.

I'm not saying that is what happened. It is just an example of the various scenarios that
    could have taken place. The point is, to make an assumption then treat it as fact is lazy
    analysis.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    IMO, the answer is simple. They could afford what they considered better. And Denver probably also would have been a player for Cousins if they too could afford him. They couldn't, so they went for what they could afford, which happened to be what they felt was a nice consolation. If Minnesota was more cap strapped they'd have likely re-signed Keenum.
    That's another scenario.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Two points...

1. That doesn't make Minnesota right. Case in point, they obviously felt they were wrong about Bridgewater, Bradford and Keenum.
    2. That doesn't make Keenum bad. It just means Minnesota wanted the shinier toy.
    Remember when KC didn't like Steve Bono's production and decided they could do so much
    better with Elvis Grbac? How did that turn out?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Yes - MN is the end-all-be-all in QB decision making.

LMAO
    That brings up a point. How did Minny feel about Keenum before Keenum took the reins
    last year? He was a backup, and after-thought, they had to go to because of the injury to
    their starter. They had so much insight they just knew Keenum would become one of the
    top producing QBs in the league that year, didn't they?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Remember when KC didn't like Steve Bono's production and decided they could do so much
    better with Elvis Grbac? How did that turn out?
    And most recently, Alex Smith...

He only won 53 games in 5 years.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

This is a good discussion. Please stop the chippiness and personal attacks.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It intrigues me that some folks worry about Keenum in the sense that he can only have success on a "stacked team". That lends me to find definition on that. So, looking at Minnesota compared to Denver, I see 2 teams with great defenses, so that's a wash.
    Correct. But i dont think anybody has debated that Keenum is coming to the Cleveland Browns.

On the OL, I think what we have as of today is much better than what Minnesota trotted out there last year.
    Meh, big assumption based on nothing but paper. Denver had the 30th ranked Oline last year compared to the Vikings who were ranked 8th. For whatever faults the Viking Oline had it was still far better than Denver's and until we see how it performs this year you cant really make that assertion.

But the receiver spot is where everyone wants to focus on. So, I ask...how many good seasons did Diggs and Thielen have BEFORE Keenum was the QB? I mean, if they are the reason he was so good, why did they wait until 2017? Why didn't they make Bradford or Bridgewater look better in the years before?
    Tebow had success with DT and Decker, why wasnt Tebow a better QB? Im not sure using that argument means that Bridgewater and Bradford are great QB's either.

So help me out here. What is it that made Minnesota so much more "stacked" last year than Denver is this year?
    Again, no one said he was coming to a shit team. Not sure where you even got that.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Right. Well there are a number of possibilities, and, without being a member of the FO of
    the Vikings, it's impossible to come up with anything concrete, except for one thing: It
    could not have been because of Keenum's performance in 2017.

Here is one scenario: The Vikings saw giving their QB a $16 million raise and decided to
    play chicken with Keenum. Keenum didn't appreciate that and decided to test the market.
    He already knew that Denver wanted him and has since expressed that, of all the teams,
    Denver was his first choice by far. (That's not entirely difficult to believe with Kubiak and
    VJ, with whom Keenum goes way back, plus Elway, in the FO.) And Keenum is the one
    Denver was after in the first place. So he jumps and signs.

I'm not saying that is what happened. It is just an example of the various scenarios that
    could have taken place. The point is, to make an assumption then treat it as fact is lazy
    analysis.
    Except it doesnt make any sense. Why would they lowball a guy who lead the team further than the guy they just shoveled out millions for? Its just not a logical conclusion by any means. They had the cap room to sign Keenum to whatever and chose not to. At least Coach is reasonable in admitting that the Vikings feel that Cousins is the better option which makes total sense based on their respective resumes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Except it doesnt make any sense. Why would they lowball a guy who lead the team further than the guy they just shoveled out millions for? Its just not a logical conclusion by any means. They had the cap room to sign Keenum to whatever and chose not to. At least Coach is reasonable in admitting that the Vikings feel that Cousins is the better option which makes total sense based on their respective resumes.
    Check Minny's history with QBs. When did they ever make sense? Well, maybe Tarkenton.

Zimmer may be inflicted with the same disease some here suffer: UFA Stigma Syndrome.
    Keenum wasn't a #1 draft choice, so it couldn't be true he can be as good as he showed
    last year. Surely, he's going to tank this year. After all, he always has (except he hasn't).

20. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Check Minny's history with QBs. When did they ever make sense? Well, maybe Tarkenton.

Zimmer may be inflicted with the same disease some here suffer: UFA Stigma Syndrome.
    Keenum wasn't a #1 draft choice, so it couldn't be true he can be as good as he showed
    last year. Surely, he's going to tank this year. After all, he always has (except he hasn't).
    So in LA it was Fisher's fault and in Minny its their coaches fault? Yea, im not buying that man. It sounds too much like those who kept saying that Tebow was a great QB yet he went through various coaching staff and teams only to never succeed. Granted, Keenum has a far better resume than even Tebow but then Tebow never had a team like the Vikings nor the 2015 Broncos. As far as him tanking, i didnt make that claim so im not sure why you are attributing that to me. I just said im not sold on him yet and gave my reasons why. I dont know why with you it has to be at extremes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

So in LA it was Fisher's fault and in Minny its their coaches fault? Yea, im not buying that man. It sounds too much like those who kept saying that Tebow was a great QB yet he went through various coaching staff and teams only to never succeed. Granted, Keenum has a far better resume than even Tebow but then Tebow never had a team like the Vikings nor the 2015 Broncos. As far as him tanking, i didnt make that claim so im not sure why you are attributing that to me. I just said im not sold on him yet and gave my reasons why. I dont know why with you it has to be at extremes.
    What was their fault?

And you actually are comparing Keenum with Tebow? Well, Tebow did have a stronger
    arm. He could throw the ball into the second deck . . .

. . . and often did.

23. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information