Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2020

I need baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I got that baseball game and I don't know what the **** i'm doing. Help me.

4. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I got that baseball game and I don't know what the **** i'm doing. Help me.
    It’s intense, my man.

Let’s start here: What’s your favorite part? The GM part of the manager part?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It’s intense, my man.

Let’s start here: What’s your favorite part? The GM part of the manager part?
    I don't know!

I selected to be both and it was overwhelming.

How do I make good trades?

How do I sign good players?

How do I callup players from AAA?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't know!

I selected to be both and it was overwhelming.

How do I make good trades?

How do I sign good players?

How do I callup players from AAA?
    Very carefully.

Find “manage rosters” and that’s where you can drag and drop players from various levels to other levels. From your main GM screen there should be a “General Manager Actions.” Start with that menu and examine each page. When you’re on the “manage rosters” page there’s tabs for lineups and pitchers. There you can see those items, and where you see the name of the team you’re managing right above there, there’s a drop down menu to switch teams within your organization.

My suggestion is don’t try to do too much or advance too far before examining each page. It’s an intensive game.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Very carefully.

Find “manage rosters” and that’s where you can drag and drop players from various levels to other levels. From your main GM screen there should be a “General Manager Actions.” Start with that menu and examine each page. When you’re on the “manage rosters” page there’s tabs for lineups and pitchers. There you can see those items, and where you see the name of the team you’re managing right above there, there’s a drop down menu to switch teams within your organization.

My suggestion is don’t try to do too much or advance too far before examining each page. It’s an intensive game.
    Can you effectively scout and stockpile picks and prospects?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Can you effectively scout and stockpile picks and prospects?
    You can’t really stockpile picks in baseball, but basically yes and yes to the scouting and stockpiling prospects. You have a full organization from Dominican League all the way to the pros.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

So give me some more tips. What's the speed I should be going? If I'm playing for 3 hours a day, in order to get the most out of the game how many games/days should pass?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So give me some more tips. What's the speed I should be going? If I'm playing for 3 hours a day, in order to get the most out of the game how many games/days should pass?
    Depends on where you’re at. Some parts of the in-game year I like to sim pretty quickly because I like the GM part of it, but I just went through the draft, so the last couple times I logged in, I was scouting, drafting then placing players and starting to monitor their progress.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Depends on where you’re at. Some parts of the in-game year I like to sim pretty quickly because I like the GM part of it, but I just went through the draft, so the last couple times I logged in, I was scouting, drafting then placing players and starting to monitor their progress.
    Do you find it better to build your way up through the minors/international or start off as a GM for an MLB team right away?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Do you find it better to build your way up through the minors/international or start off as a GM for an MLB team right away?
    I wanted to control the Royals. But I’ll probably do that at some point. I’ll also probably do a historic league at some point too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

MO, how do I get a 2020 version of Rickey Henderson on my team and win a World Series?

Mad roids and stealing signals are ok. (it's just a game)

Ok, that last part not really, but the thought occurred to me and it was thought-provoking enough to share.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

MO, how do I get a 2020 version of Rickey Henderson on my team and win a World Series?

Mad roids and stealing signals are ok. (it's just a game)

Ok, that last part not really, but the thought occurred to me and it was thought-provoking enough to share.
    I have not explored the history stuff yet, but I’m pretty sure if you want to assemble an all star team you sure can.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I have not explored the history stuff yet, but I’m pretty sure if you want to assemble an all star team you sure can.
    No, like a young Dexter Fowler with power that you've never heard of. Can I has him?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No, like a young Dexter Fowler with power that you've never heard of. Can I has him?
    Scour the college and high school ranks with your scouts and find out. I think I’ve found two promising center fielders. We’ll see how it goes.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information