Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lock to IR?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That's true of almost the entire league. Probably about 1/3 of the teams have a decent quality backup QB like Nick Foles was for the Eagles who can step in and keep the team winning.

Look who other teams have. Would you want any of these guys as your backup?

Blake Bortles, Rams
    Mike Glennon, Raiders
    Blaine Gabbert, Buccaneers
    Brett Hundley, Cardinals
    Matt Barkley, Bills
    Chase Daniel, Bears
    Drew Stanton, Browns
    AJ McCarron, Texans
    Chad Henne, Chiefs
    Brian Hoyer, Patriots
    Trevor Siemian, Jets
    Tom Savage, Lions
    Paxton Lynch, Seahawks

Maybe you see a guy you would like on that list but I don't.
    Apparently you've never heard of Brent Keesum.

"Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I would love to bring Sloter back and get Rudolph. Cut Hogan and put Lock on ice for a while.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would love to bring Sloter back and get Rudolph. Cut Hogan and put Lock on ice for a while.
    I wouldn't know what to do first, cry or fap.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Hogan is just as talented as the two SF scrubs, if not more, why waste assets and make a trade for one of them?

Keep Hogan and make Mr Scrub Whisperer work his magic with what they already have.

If the Broncos trade for anybody trade for Josh Garnett.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 08-26-2019 at 12:40 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

From DP:

LOS ANGELES – The Broncos have three options for injured backup quarterback Drew Lock, out indefinitely with a sprained right (throwing) thumb.

1. Place him on injured reserve on Aug. 31. The most unlikely scenario because it would end Lock’s season.

2. Place him on injured reserve on Sept. 1. An option to consider if Lock isn’t going to be available for another 4-6 weeks. If he’s on the initial 53-man roster, he can be placed on injured reserve and is eligible to return after eight weeks (he can resume practicing after six weeks). This way, Lock can use November and December to get valuable practice time and even start late in the year.

3. Do nothing. If the Broncos get positive reports next week on Lock’s thumb, suggesting he could resume throwing by Week 2, they could carry him on the 53-man roster as the third (inactive) quarterback.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/2...os-qb-options/

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Apparently you've never heard of Brent Keesum.

You think Keesum counts as "quality?"

2. Place him on injured reserve on Sept. 1. An option to consider if Lock isn’t going to be available for another 4-6 weeks. If he’s on the initial 53-man roster, he can be placed on injured reserve and is eligible to return after eight weeks (he can resume practicing after six weeks). This way, Lock can use November and December to get valuable practice time and even start late in the year.

3. Do nothing. If the Broncos get positive reports next week on Lock’s thumb, suggesting he could resume throwing by Week 2, they could carry him on the 53-man roster as the third (inactive) quarterback.
    Sounds tome like they will do nothing, hope that Lock gets better so they can dump Hogan off the 53 and start the season with 3 QBs.

If Flacco gets hurt the Broncos season is done anyway, so they might as well start Lock in case Flacco goes down, and see what he can do as starter. He might not be ready, but they need to know if he's the long-term answer or not. He should show some flashes of great plays if that is the case. The lack of them is an indication too -- like Paxton.

I would put Lock on IR and call him back when he's completely healthy, but it's not as if the 53rd man is going to be an All-Pro so cutting him will probably have minimal impact.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Sounds tome like they will do nothing, hope that Lock gets better so they can dump Hogan off the 53 and start the season with 3 QBs.

If Flacco gets hurt the Broncos season is done anyway, so they might as well start Lock in case Flacco goes down, and see what he can do as starter. He might not be ready, but they need to know if he's the long-term answer or not. He should show some flashes of great plays if that is the case. The lack of them is an indication too -- like Paxton.

I would put Lock on IR and call him back when he's completely healthy, but it's not as if the 53rd man is going to be an All-Pro so cutting him will probably have minimal impact.
    I would say he's already shown some flashes and growth from game to game. So far he looks like he might have enough to take over as starter this season.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You think Keesum counts as "quality?"
    Nope

“I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I would say he's already shown some flashes and growth from game to game. So far he looks like he might have enough to take over as starter this season.
    I haven't seen it yet, but I don't care. I think Elway is totally delusional to begin with, so I'd admit "we a rebuilding team due to my sucky drafting for most of the last 5 years! We'll be lucky to win 8 games with Flacco! So, we might as well tank, start Lock, see whether he can emerge by season's end as a viable top 10 QB (prospective of course)."

And if not, they have had an entire season to evaluate Lock and decide "this guy will never cut it" so they go back into the draft next season and draft a top 5 QB when there are going to be a few very good prospects.

It would mean giving up a playoff run, but I don't see any chance of that to begin with. I am not sold on Flacco being "in his prime" because I've seen Flacco the last 4 years and he was not good. His last really decent season was 2014. That was a long time ago. Their theory is "he'll recapture his lost mojo!"

I remain skeptical.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

If Mullens is released, we should grab him. Rypien to practice squad, Lock to IR until week 8, Hogan as far from Denver as possible.

Mullens knows Scangs and can run this offense. Other than Flacco, it’s obvious all our current roster QBs have terrible pocket awareness. They also are struggling with the scheme. I don’t blame Lock and Rypien as much based on inexperience, but Hogan is hot garbage out there. He’s gotten the most opportunities with the better caliber backup players and played the worst overall out of all 4 guys on the roster. He’s a 3 year vet from Stanford that looks like a FCS rookie playing his first NFL game every week. He should be long gone.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I haven't seen it yet, but I don't care. I think Elway is totally delusional to begin with, so I'd admit "we a rebuilding team due to my sucky drafting for most of the last 5 years! We'll be lucky to win 8 games with Flacco! So, we might as well tank, start Lock, see whether he can emerge by season's end as a viable top 10 QB (prospective of course)."

And if not, they have had an entire season to evaluate Lock and decide "this guy will never cut it" so they go back into the draft next season and draft a top 5 QB when there are going to be a few very good prospects.

It would mean giving up a playoff run, but I don't see any chance of that to begin with. I am not sold on Flacco being "in his prime" because I've seen Flacco the last 4 years and he was not good. His last really decent season was 2014. That was a long time ago. Their theory is "he'll recapture his lost mojo!"

I remain skeptical.
    I'm sure you'd do a much better job than John Elway has....

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

p

I remain skeptical.
    Weird.

"Good" is precisely how I'd describe Flacco over the last 4 years.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

p

Weird.

"Good" is precisely how I'd describe Flacco over the last 4 years.

on this we do not agree ....mediocre to slightly above avg. perhaps.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information