Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Seahawks 08/08/19

Back home and watched the game last night - I have some thoughts.

I wasn't that impressed with our opening drive (the one starters' drive) that everyone is talking about. We had the one big (nice, well blocked) 50 yard run. Other than that, we got run stuffed a lot and Flacco threw two checkdowns and one fade (my least favorite pass in football). Limited sample size but I'm not seeing any kind of excitement there.

I thought Lock looked good, much better than last week. He seemed nervous last week, and this game appeared much more confident and capable. He's still a work in progress, but we may actually have something there if he develops. I agree with those that say he needs to get reps over Hogan. We know what Hogan is. Don't screw around with our rookie just because we've had other failures there.

Speaking of our failures, I thought Lynch looked like the best QB on the field (after Benkert did last week as well). I know that's not saying much and he was playing against backups, but I honestly can't remember him ever looking that good in a Bronco uniform. Is he just "getting it" now? Or is our defensive depth a concern?

And related to that last part, the penalties are unacceptable. We should be used to it by now but it's still ridiculous, especially when Fangio emphasized this when he was hired. This was death by inches.

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Well, they're probably right. The opinion outside of Denver is basically "did John Elway actually SEE Joe Flacco the last 5 years?"
    Oh Is it? Lol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You say that as if the opinions of national observers matter whatsoever.
    Well, they're probably right. The opinion outside of Denver is basically "did John Elway actually SEE Joe Flacco the last 5 years?"

Outside of a lot of hype coming out of Dove Valley, what evidence is there that Flacco is any good? It can't be based on anything Flacco has done since 2014.

I'm hoping its all wrong. But, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are all right.
    Im not at all comparing the two, but the narrative when Manning came to town was well what Manning will Denver get? He hasnt thrown a ball in over a year. How can Elway know if Manning can play let alone be effective?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Im not at all comparing the two, but the narrative when Manning came to town was well what Manning will Denver get? He hasnt thrown a ball in over a year. How can Elway know if Manning can play let alone be effective?
    Well, there is just a bit of difference between Peyton Manning and Joe Flacco. As in, one was a sure-fire Hall of Fame QB when he got to Denver and one of them . . . . . . . . was. Not.

As I remember it, the national perspective was simply "If Denver gets 80% of the old Manning, then it could enough." Of course some were skeptical that if he tried to throw his neck would fall off. But, there are always idiots in every profession. Most people thought Manning could come back. Personally I never doubted it, knowing how determined he appeared to be. So, that wasn't exactly a surprise to informed observers.

But 80% of the old Flacco is Trevor Siemian. So, that we could be getting Trevor Siemian and that could be very, very bad. I'm not saying he is. I'm just sayin'.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-11-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Well, there is just a bit of difference between Peyton Manning and Joe Flacco. As in, one was a sure-fire Hall of Fame QB when he got to Denver and one of them . . . . . . . . was. Not.

As I remember it, the national perspective was simply "If Denver gets 80% of the old Manning, then it could enough." Of course some were skeptical that if he tried to throw his neck would fall off. But, there are always idiots in every profession. Most people thought Manning could come back. Personally I never doubted it, knowing how determined he appeared to be. So, that wasn't exactly a surprise to informed observers.

But 80% of the old Flacco is Trevor Siemian. So, that we could be getting Trevor Siemian and that could be very, very bad. I'm not saying he is. I'm just sayin'.
    I wasnt comparing Flacco to PFM there isn't even a scale between them. Just meant its similar in some ways. Not knowing which QB he'll be.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

I wasnt comparing Flacco to PFM there isn't even a scale between them. Just meant its similar in some ways. Not knowing which QB he'll be.
    I know that. My point remains though. Peyton wasn't really such a risk. Had he come back impaired he'd still be better than most starting QBs. "80% of Peyton is still better than about 25 QBs in the league."

That was said a lot.

But, Joe Flacco simply never achieved that level. So, 80% of Joe Flacco is Brock Osweiler which won't work at all. If he's at 80% now, that will be bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I know that. My point remains though. Peyton wasn't really such a risk. Had he come back impaired he'd still be better than most starting QBs. "80% of Peyton is still better than about 25 QBs in the league."

That was said a lot.

But, Joe Flacco simply never achieved that level. So, 80% of Joe Flacco is Brock Osweiler which won't work at all. If he's at 80% now, that will be bad.
    There was a lot higher than a 20% chance Peyton would not play again. These numbers you have made up are silly.

Flacco never was a Manning, no chance he is now, but he's better than you portray him and Elway is certainly no laughing stock in league circles as you are fond of portraying.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information