Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Thomas, Texans leave Broncos behind: 'We like to win over here'

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    You don't trade HOFers. You build around them. Period.
    By the time it's built, he'll be just a guy, and we would miss the opportunity to have built something great. Cool that we get to watch him suit up though, he's a one-man wrecking crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I cant find any analogy that works here. Why? It doesnt exist. All world future hof player still playing at elite levels. You cannot trade him for draft capital. Aaron Rogers or even Andrew luck? Maybe.... as much as im a draft nut. I cant risk that level of play for picks. That my friend is a bad bet.
    Sanders is all world future HoF playing at an elite level?

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    By the time it's built, he'll be just a guy, and we would miss the opportunity to have built something great. Cool that we get to watch him suit up though, he's a one-man wrecking crew.
    Aye-Aye Captain Hawgpilot.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I cant find any analogy that works here. Why? It doesnt exist. All world future hof player still playing at elite levels. You cannot trade him for draft capital. Aaron Rogers or even Andrew luck? Maybe.... as much as im a draft nut. I cant risk that level of play for picks. That my friend is a bad bet.
    Sanders is all world future HoF playing at an elite level?

What?
    We are talking about Von. Someone :cough: al :cough: brought up Emmanuel. Come on brother you remember the thread that I derailed by ranting about how Broncos fans have somehow tried to selll Sanders as the better receiver for the past 4 years

You quoted a post about Sanders.

I'm just saying man.

You want to attack the King? I'm 8 drinks in but I don't care. They never should have given me money!

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You quoted a post about Sanders.

I'm just saying man.

You want to attack the King? I'm 8 drinks in but I don't care. They never should have given me money!
    I see it now. Al hijacked the damn thread. Sneaky *******. Ive been drinking kava all night. Im with it kinger.

8. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Ok, so let's be more realistic. 2 first round picks, a 2019 3rd, and a 2020 5th.
    I'd still take that and I think getting rid of von is an idiotic move, but I'd take that...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No player is untouchable. If someone actually offered us 4 first round picks for Von, you have to take it. And I love Von. He's one of my 5 favorite broncos ever. But every player has a price.

Realistically, though, I don't think we'd ever get an offer that would make it worth trading him.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Ok, so let's be more realistic. 2 first round picks, a 2019 3rd, and a 2020 5th.
    That's close. For me it would depend on the outlook at head coach and QB. If we keep VJ and Case, pull the trigger. If we end up with a Linc Riley and Case, then it's super close. I'd like my new HC to have access to any QB in the draft he thinks can bust the NFL open. I'd really still rather keep Von though with that kind of compensation, in a vacuum.

If you were able to get some OL players that could start as well as the firsts, then I'd be a lot closer to pulling the trigger. It would have to be the kind of haul that even the floor made me happy.

Von is 29 after all. Maybe he's Jason Taylor, let's hope so. He's a joy to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

No way I would trade 2 firsts for a 28 year old Von, not even if I knew they were going to be top 5 picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    No way I would trade 2 firsts for a 28 year old Von, not even if I knew they were going to be top 5 picks.
    Thank you. A bird in hand. Again if i was getting a franchise qb or LT maybe but i dont want picks. I want known quantities

I'd trade Sanders for a McRib.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Thank you. A bird in hand. Again if i was getting a franchise qb or LT maybe but i dont want picks. I want known quantities
    I agree. Pretty dumb to trade DT for a 4th rounder.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

alotta betrayal on this team this season.

They did Kelly like Jesus for sitting on a couch.

And Judas Jospeh lied to DT.

21. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information