Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How is Tebow out of the league...

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    For the most part a backup QB should be seen and not heard.

The biggest reason Tebow is out of the league is that 6 years or so after the guy hasn't played a single snap people are still talking about a guy with a career 47.9 completion percentage. He has backup talent and he is a hell of a guy but the circus that follows him makes it impossible for a team to keep him on the roster and avoid the distractions.
    This is false. The "circus" has nothing to do with Tebow being out of the league.

Teams run certain offenses, and have a limited amount of practice time to get guys meaningful reps. Tebow's 47.9 completion percentage prevents him from running as a #2 QB, because how is a guy like that going to help the 2s get better? How can he run a scout team either? Paxton Lynch's absence from the league last year, even on a practice squad, is evidence of this. QBs gotta be able to throw accurate balls to stay on a roster.

2. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    This is false. The "circus" has nothing to do with Tebow being out of the league.

Teams run certain offenses, and have a limited amount of practice time to get guys meaningful reps. Tebow's 47.9 completion percentage prevents him from running as a #2 QB, because how is a guy like that going to help the 2s get better? How can he run a scout team either? Paxton Lynch's absence from the league last year, even on a practice squad, is evidence of this. QBs gotta be able to throw accurate balls to stay on a roster.
    Agreed but how do you explain Jackson in Baltimore? The Ravens are literally handing over the reigns to a QB who has the same skill set as Tebow. It sounds as though they are going to scheme their offense to what he does do well but 2018 was proof that the kid throws the ball with the same limitations and skill set as Tebow. Time will tell if it'll work but for now neither would succeed in an conventional NFL offense.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

It is not 100% related to the circus that follows him but you are kidding yourself if you think it doesn't factor.

The circus that would surround Kap is the only reason he isn't a backup somewhere. It plays a part.

Personally I think with the evolving NFL, having a backup that can play the RPO is the exact backup you would want, someone that can actually prepare your defense for the concepts.

Tebow sucked his way out of the league. Tebowites have never been able to admit this. He SUCKED for three different teams and they all cut him. Then some teams were willing to sign him as a TE but he refused. Then he tried baseball and commenting on SEC games after his career ended.

End of story.

6. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Agreed but how do you explain Jackson in Baltimore? The Ravens are literally handing over the reigns to a QB who has the same skill set as Tebow. It sounds as though they are going to scheme their offense to what he does do well but 2018 was proof that the kid throws the ball with the same limitations and skill set as Tebow. Time will tell if it'll work but for now neither would succeed in an conventional NFL offense.
    There are major skill-set differences between Tebow and Jackson. There are lots of guys that do what Jackson does, just not nearly as well. With Tebow? Besides maybe Taysom Hill, there's really nobody.

Jackson's accuracy woes aren't as bad as Tebow's. The Ravens also drafted Jackson with the sole intention of developing him into their starting QB, and tailoring an offense around him. Unlike Tebow, who was a pounding QB, there actually are suitable backup QBs in the league for Lamar Jackson. RG3 and Tyrod Taylor could suit up for 8 games, and make something happen. There are any number of athletic option QBs that come out of college every year that make for late round "slide in for a game" starters for a Lamar Jackson. It's not completely out of the realm of reality to tailor your entire organizational direction around a QB like Jackson.

Tebow, on the other hand, was one-of-a-kind as a football prospect. We're talking a bruising back that can throw the football. How many QBs in the NFL could you name that could honestly back Tebow up, without entirely changing the offense? Off the top of my head, you'd maybe back Tebow up with Taysom Hill? And I'm certainly not overstating the importance of backup QB here, because mobile QBs do get injured.

8. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

tebow out of the league, but hey joe fugging flaco is still in it!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Seems pretty clear why Flacco is still in the League.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

So Broncos to the superbowl? book it?

Amazing how Flacco just changed the entire culture in one offseason. He is a SB champion after all.....

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Amazing how Flacco just changed the entire culture in one offseason. He is a SB champion after all.....
    That's not what North was getting at Shane.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-13-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Flacco's won a Superbowl, when did Timmy boy do that?

Why must you always take anything said and just turn it into complete hyperbole? I don't think anyone realistically thinks we have a good shot at a Superbowl with Flacco.

20. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Why must you always take anything said and just turn it into complete hyperbole? I don't think anyone realistically thinks we have a good shot at a Superbowl with Flacco.
    I don't think SF's being too unreasonable here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I don't think SF's being too unreasonable here.
    Who have you seen acting like we're winning a superbowl because of this move? For that matter who on these boards is even overly excited about this move? Most of us were thoroughly unenthused. I think Shane's off base with this constant "OH SO WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL WITH FLACCO" nonsense.

I've not seen a single person even suggest playoffs are likely, just that he's an upgrade over Case. Which is really, the lowest of low bars you can set at this point in time.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information