Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2001

Thread: The "I Have A Fantasy Football Question" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Man...maybe I get back into it this year.
    There’s probably still a team available through MO!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Man...maybe I get back into it this year.
    i have two openings in one of my keeper leagues, let me know if you want one of them. . . they're both relatively strong teams. . .

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Looks like you took Coleman pretty high, and then Breida? What are you seeing? That situation looks like a committee cluster **** to me. Maybe I’m missing something, but are you expecting one to win the job outright?

On the other hand I love Mike Williams late.

I probably wouldn’t have even bothered rostering Carr - particularly with Wilson as your starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He handcuffed. Coleman will start and he’s a flex type option, but if he gets hurt, Breida will end up getting the bulk of the carries. It’s a safe possibility since he already had Kamara and Lindsey.
    correct. . . it's the old handcuff strategy. . . with mckinnon going to IR, it will be a 1-2 punch situation. . . coleman should get the most touches, but breida is also very talented, and shanny run games are always productive. . . drafting both not only protects me against injury, but also against breida vulturing coleman's touches-- this way i'll have their top dog either way, and that should be a player worth having. . .

in a 12-team league, i will always roster a second QB to protect against injuries, and cover bye week and bad matchups. . .

this was a league of mostly broncos fans, and i still got lindsay in the 5th round-- i was pleasantly surprised. . . i think people may be overestimating how many touches royce will take from him. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Damn it. Had the 7th pick in a 10 team league and fell into the “Mahomes trap”. He fell to me at the 4th pick in the 4th round and I had to wait so long for the snake to come back I missed out on all my hoped-for RB2s in the 5th - Carson, Lindsey, you name it. Costly.

Now I have to hope that Josh Jacobs (who I also never took in any practice mock) and other late round RBs pan out. In no mocks did I take Mahomes but I couldn’t resist. Bah!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Damn it. Had the 7th pick in a 10 team league and fell into the “Mahomes trap”. He fell to me at the 4th pick in the 4th round and I had to wait so long for the snake to come back I missed out on all my hoped-for RB2s in the 5th - Carson, Lindsey, you name it. Costly.

Now I have to hope that Josh Jacobs (who I also never took in any practice mock) and other late round RBs pan out. In no mocks did I take Mahomes but I couldn’t resist. Bah!
    You got Mahomes in the fourth round? That’s plenty of value.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Yea. I think he's been going in second round on the sites that track ADP and I've seen plenty of sites listing him as the top fantasy QB.

Can't imagine him falling to 4th round.

That said, my money league is an auction based keeper league and he's kept.
    Last edited by Tned; 09-02-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Adopted Bronco:

ugh. . . drafting on my phone on my lunch break. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

I hope so. Never expected to see him there, but QBs fell wildly in this one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I hope so. Never expected to see him there, but QBs fell wildly in this one.
    Drafting quarterback later is usually a sound strategy. It's rare where a whole draft is doing it, especially with an "it" player like Mahomes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ugh. . . drafting on my phone on my lunch break. . .
    Did that work? The app said it wasn't supported and I was kind of busy at draft time, so I let the gods decide.

Did that work? The app said it wasn't supported and I was kind of busy at draft time, so I let the gods decide.
    I missed first round, but just used the mobile site on my phone and it worked fine. Didn't even know there was a mobile app.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

yea. . . i just used the site, as well. . . worked well enough. . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I wish Brown would've had his near fight with the GM before yesterday's draft so I wouldn't gave kept him. How long do I let this guy take up a spot on my FF bench before I cut him altogether.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Well, had my money league a auction today. It's a very deep and tough league, I believe.

I think I'm in good shape, as I had a good crop of keepers (can keep 12 -15 players depending on your finish last year)

Keeper league. 12 teams, 18 player active roster, 5 player bench. No IR, so like when David Johnson went down two years ago, I had to use one of my 5 bench spots for him in order to keep him. For most part you have to cover bye weeks from 5 player bench, because of the deep active roster, the are no quality free agents that you would swap many active players for.

Also, it's an auction. $280 for all 23 players, which includes your bench and keepers. We have a two round rookie draft with first round rookies having a 10 dollar salary agreed second round 5 dollars.

Active roster is: 2 QBs, 4RBS, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 WR/RB/TE, 1 Flex (QB eligible), 2 DST.

So, going in my keepers were:

QB
    Lamar Jackson

RB
    David Johnson
    Christian McCaffrey
    Derrius Guice

Phillip Lindsey

WR
    Tyler Boyd
    Michael Thomas
    DaeSean Hamilton
    Donte Moncrief

RB/WR/TE
    Damien Williams
    Tarik Cohen

DST
    Jaguars

So, I was stacked at running back, so my focus was two QBs, two WRs (wanted better option than Hamilton), one good TE and a second starting TE.

At QB, there were few elite QBs, as all recent young QBs are held as low price keepers. The best QBs available were: Ben/Rodgers/Brady/Wilson/Stafford. And Brisset/Flacco/Manning. My goal was to get one if the first five and then Flacco or Brissett for my flex. Rodgers, Ben and Wilson all went between 48 and 51 dollars. Then I got brissett for 33 and a bit later Brady for 47. Brady wasn't my first choice, but it's the challenge of an auction. In hindsight, I would have preferred to go a few dollars higher for one of the others.

Added Brandin Cook and Emmanuel Sanders at WR.

TE was another thin position. Walker/Hooper/Reed/McDonald were best available, with delanie Walker being well alive three others. I was able to get him for $18 (I had budgeted 15), send then got trey burton for 5 and whitten for 3 (burton is hurt).

Overall, because of my good group of keepers, assuming this isn't the year Brady falls off a cliff, I think I'm easily good for 2nd place, and have a shot at equaling the guy that won points last year (85% of prize money is paid to 1-5 in total points, then 15% paid to head to head winner, with 2nd and 3rd getting extra rookie pucks the following year). I wad head to head champion and finished fourth or might have been third in points. He has elliot, Barkley, Maholmes, Winston and garrapolo as some of his low price keepers.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Melvin Gordon @ Tennessee or Devin Singletary at home vs Miami?.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Melvin Gordon @ Tennessee or Devin Singletary at home vs Miami?.
    I'd go safe and kick myself later for benching someone getting volume snaps against Miami.

Ok, yeah, talking through it, I'd now go DS and just deal with the fallout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information