Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Belichick possibly leaving/Belichick forced to trade Jimmy G.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Cancerous is the last word I would think of with Brady. This is a guy who always made team friendly deals so the Patriots have plenty of cap space for a deep team.

This is a guy who never publicly complained when he's throwing to the likes of Reche Caldwell or Doug Gabriel.

This is a guy who never publicly complained when Belichick gets rid of the likes of Lawyer Milloy, Deion Branch, Richard Seymour, Logan Mankins or Wes Welker.

So I don't blame him if Brady was wondering at training camp why Garoppolo was still there. He has earned some loyalty.
    Brady never took an actual paycut though. Ever.

He's a guy who always but maybe one year had a great team around him. And when the team was getting rid of a lot of star players early on, he was a game manager who knew his place. By the time he became a QB god he saw great players come and go, but the team was always strong. He also saw Asante Samuel, Revis, MOss, Cooks, etc. get picked up, too.

I blame him if he got him traded. Jimmy G looks like a future stud QB and the franchise existed before, and will exist after, Brady wraps it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post

He's a guy who always but maybe one year had a great team around him. And when the team was getting rid of a lot of star players early on, he was a game manager who knew his place. By the time he became a QB god he saw great players come and go, but the team was always strong. He also saw Asante Samuel, Revis, MOss, Cooks, etc. get picked up, too.

I blame him if he got him traded. Jimmy G looks like a future stud QB and the franchise existed before, and will exist after, Brady wraps it up.
    I never said he took a pay cut. I said he signed team friendly deals.

Let's see Garoppolo complete a full season without getting injured before we call him a future stud QB. Or maybe two, or three or four or 17.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Let's see Garoppolo complete a full season without getting injured before we call him a future stud QB. Or maybe two, or three or four or 17.
    So you're not convinced about him? Then why was Brady so scared?

I just hate guys who like (allegedly) Brady, Favre, and Montana, who were all helped by great systems and coaches who then shit on the team when their career winds down. It just reeks of entitlement.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I never said he took a pay cut. I said he signed team friendly deals.
    If you're not losing out on money, and TB12 knew his job was never in jeopardy, then I'm not waiving the flag for the man! I can't!

So you're not convinced about him? Then why was Brady so scared?

I just hate guys who like (allegedly) Brady, Favre, and Montana, who were all helped by great systems and coaches who then shit on the team when their career winds down. It just reeks of entitlement.
    Favre and Montana's careers were definitely winding down in GB and SF. It looks like Brady will win the MVP this year and thinks he can play \at a high level for several more years so your comparison of the 3 doesn't fly.

Favre and Montana's careers were definitely winding down in GB and SF. It looks like Brady will win the MVP this year and thinks he can play \at a high level for several more years so your comparison of the 3 doesn't fly.
    Brady will have posted the worst MVP performance of any recent QB winner. The comparison flies just fine - Favre went out to go nutty in Minny, and Montana in KC was still considered to be a solid QB.

We can't fight anymore, WTE. We're all we've got, man!

Brady will have posted the worst MVP performance of any recent QB winner.
    Huh? Hasn't he thrown for something like 4,500 yards?

32 TDs in 2017 is not a MVP style performance. The MVP should be Wentz, who was playing at the highest level of play at his injury. Or Gurley. Brady will get it because he's Brady.

32 TDs in 2017 is not a MVP style performance. The MVP should be Wentz, who was playing at the highest level of play at his injury. Or Gurley. Brady will get it because he's Brady.
    If Wentz played the whole season then he would get the MVP. But he ran the ball in a very reckless manner and I knew early on he wouldn't last the season so his reckless style cost his team a chance to win their first Super Bowl. As far as Gurley, you don't win MVP as a RB unless you have the types of yards from scrimmage that LT and Adrian Peterson had. Gurley wasn't in that stratosphere.

If Wentz played the whole season then he would get the MVP. But he ran the ball in a very reckless manner and I knew early on he wouldn't last the season so his reckless style cost his team a chance to win their first Super Bowl. As far as Gurley, you don't win MVP as a RB unless you have the types of yards from scrimmage that LT and Adrian Peterson had. Gurley wasn't in that stratosphere.
    His reckless style? He was running for a TD to win a game. He's no more reckless than Steve Young, McNabb, Elway, etc. Gurley carried a second year QB and put the offense on his back. If we're talking stratosphere, pull up Brady's season and compare it to the past several MVP QB's. Matt Ryan threw more TDs (38) less picks, (7) and had almost 500 more yards.

Cam put up 45 total TDs and even his harshest critics called him the MVP.

Rodgers threw more TDs (38) less picks (5) and only slightly less yards (200) while making plays Brady physically can't.

Brady had a great season. Brady did not produe a MVP level season for a QB this year. He's going to get it because the voters are spineless.

His reckless style? He was running for a TD to win a game. He's no more reckless than Steve Young, McNabb, Elway, etc. Gurley carried a second year QB and put the offense on his back. If we're talking stratosphere, pull up Brady's season and compare it to the past several MVP QB's. Matt Ryan threw more TDs (38) less picks, (7) and had almost 500 more yards.

Cam put up 45 total TDs and even his harshest critics called him the MVP.

Rodgers threw more TDs (38) less picks (5) and only slightly less yards (200) while making plays Brady physically can't.

Brady had a great season. Brady did not produe a MVP level season for a QB this year. He's going to get it because the voters are spineless.
    Brady is great every year and he never wins the MVP. Given the circumstances this year (most of his competitors either falling off in the second half of the season or getting injured, doing this at age 40), I don't have a problem with Brady getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Brady is great every year and he never wins the MVP. Given the circumstances this year (most of his competitors either falling off in the second half of the season or getting injured, doing this at age 40), I don't have a problem with Brady getting it.
    And he's having a great season without Edelman, his chain mover. It's been taking Brady the entire season to adjust to life without Edelman and he's still not completely there yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Gronk should win MVP over Brady. That offense doesn't scare anybody without Gronk. They are night and day with/without him.

Wentz did more in 12 games than Brady did in 16

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information