Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderation and the Smack Forum

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I then suggest an amendment to the rule that reads:

3a. In the Smack forum, name calling and personal attacks may be allowed as long as they are not threatening, racial, gender biased, or contain language or images that are not allowed in the other regular parts of the forum. The harshness allowed in the smack forum is at the users discression. If you can't take the smack, get out of the smackatorium.
    Great suggestion Also anything allowed should be between posters only - i.e. no family members, etc.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

The Smack Forum is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Thanks for the imput...didn't really help in the conversation we're trying to have, but thanks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    You are retarded.........whoops wrong forum
    TEBOW Bringing back the hb pass since 2012

6. The Following User High Fived Dortoh For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Thanks for the imput...didn't really help in the conversation we're trying to have, but thanks.
    Your feedback on his feedback is counterproductive as well. But thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Your feedback on his feedback is counterproductive as well. But thanks.

Buff....how many digits do you have on each hand? Hold your hand up, now put down your thumb and index finger, now your ring and pinky...what's that leave ya?

kthxbye.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Basically, the Smack Forum has the rules of The Lounge, except related to football?
    This space available for lease.

The best state in the world. The one that you envy. Cali-Forn-I-A
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von "Puff Puff Pass" Miller

Thanks for making this thread.

I know I have taken the smack forum by storm. You Bronco fans aren't used to not winning in the smack forum. You see in the past, you could could just say that the Chargers have no SB rings. Or you could just say that the Chiefs suck.

But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan? You can't smack about which team has the better history, clearly its the Raiders. You can't smack about who is the better team right now is, clearly it's Oakland.

So what can you really say to me? Nothing. You cant say anything to me, so then I think that's when people start flinging out the personal attacks on me. Because they can't beat me in Smack. I really don't mind personal attacks, it's the smack forum.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived OaklandRaider For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?
    A great example of smack is this:

Show me an intelligent Raider fan, and we will find out.

Thank you for making an example out of yourself.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

I know I have taken the smack forum by storm. You Bronco fans aren't used to not winning in the smack forum. You see in the past, you could could just say that the Chargers have no SB rings. Or you could just say that the Chiefs suck.

But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan? You can't smack about which team has the better history, clearly its the Raiders. You can't smack about who is the better team right now is, clearly it's Oakland.

So what can you really say to me? Nothing. You cant say anything to me, so then I think that's when people start flinging out the personal attacks on me. Because they can't beat me in Smack. I really don't mind personal attacks, it's the smack forum.
    You've definitely given us some good laughs. Your over inflated ego (with absolutely no basis for having it) has brought some life back to the smack forum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

And let me add - we also take a dim view of Town hall threads getting derailed. Rules here are very different than Smack, so if you have something to contribute on running this board by all means do so. If not, take it back to the Smack section.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

The best state in the world. The one that you envy. Cali-Forn-I-A
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von "Puff Puff Pass" Miller

I don't see how my posts could derail this thread, but whatevs

Basically what I said was that, you can come at me with whatever. It wont bother me.

Sticks and stones. I think anything should be allowed in the smack section. If you cant take the heat, why the hell are you in the kitchen.

Hope that made sence.

19. The Following User High Fived OaklandRaider For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

While I think the rules should be less strict in the Smack forum than in other public areas of the board, it still is in a public (as opposed to opt-in) venue and therefore, a few basic rules do need to be applied (for example, the language filters need to be in use and circumventing them is and should be a violation).

As has been noted earlier in the thread, the Smack forum probably isn't for everyone and if one does venture in there, a thick skin is your best friend.

21. The Following User High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    While I think the rules should be less strict in the Smack forum than in other public areas of the board, it still is in a public (as opposed to opt-in) venue and therefore, a few basic rules do need to be applied (for example, the language filters need to be in use and circumventing them is and should be a violation).

As has been noted earlier in the thread, the Smack forum probably isn't for everyone and if one does venture in there, a thick skin is your best friend.
    Good points - so loosely Modded, but in a very different way than the Lounge is what you're saying
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

23. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Good points - so loosely Modded, but in a very different way than the Lounge is what you're saying
    Right... because Smack is accessible to anyone and everyone, it does have to have some rules. A good point is brought up that perhaps the community in general should vote on whether or not "family smack" (particularly mothers, sisters, daughters, etc.) should be allowed. The example posted by GMoney where a comatose family member was used in a lame smack attempt illustrates why this could become problematic if it isn't addressed.

25. The Following User High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information