Page 469 of 502 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 467 468 469 470 471 479 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I'm stupidly optimistic about tonights game. We haven't seen the Avs with their backs against the wall so I'm at least expecting them to come out fast. If they lose tonight thats it though.
    The Avs played well in the first period of game four. It wasn't until Nemeth gave Vegas their first goal that things got Western.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    The Avs played well in the first period of game four. It wasn't until Nemeth gave Vegas their first goal that things got Western.
    Seriously, that was one of the dumbest plays I have ever seen too! And he has done it all series. Even in STL he never completed a pass. Skoula is one of my most hated defenders to play for us, but Nemeth has cut me deep. He has cut our team really deep too. Hes also slow as balls.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Bednar said O'Connor is available, but he's not in the projected lineup that is posted to NHL.com. According to that he's listed as being scratched. Byram isn't in the lineup goddammit. I wasn't impressed with Byram much during the games he played in the regular season, but he can't be worse than Nemeth.

Agree on O'Brien, but the Avs have been getting severely outmatched physically and O'Brien would be better in the lineup for game five than Soderberg. O'Brien could get under people's skin and force Vegas in to taking some bad penalties which would give the Avs some much needed PP time. Jost doesn't drag the second line down at all. He's a high energy guy, forechecks well, good puck possession, cycles well, isn't afraid to go in to the corners and dig. I like him a lot. And according to the lineup on NHL.com he's centering the second line with Donskoi and Val. They've got JT on the third line with Andre and Saad. Looks like the exact same lineup as the last game.

MacKinnon needs to channel his inner Peter Forsberg tonight and just go HAM on everyone. Like I told my dear friend Hawg, I don't see the Avs winning tonight at all, but if there is such a thing as a make-or-break game, tonight is it and the Avs need to dig really ******* deep if they want to pull it out.
    Dude do not tell me he is not in the lineup! The only reason why I had hope was a saw an article that said avs get boost in game 5 with LOC back in the lineup. IF bednar sits him or Byrum (I agree but byrum plays as physically as nementh and at least completes a pass and can break out). Then coaching is a major major problem.

Whomever wins tonight wins the series imo. If nemeth is in (I am sure he is) and LOC is out then I do not think we win. Maybe bednar should wine to the refs about penalties so we get some calls again.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

O'Connor isn't ready. I don't think he has been cleared to play yet. s

LOC is playing tonight. I knew I read that he was.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Saad kicks the game off with yet again another 1st goal of the game, on yet another soft goal.

1-0 Avs.

LOC is playing in case we all missed that. I was working while we were playing so I do not know if Nemeth is still in the lineup or not.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Great goal there! Avs looked focused.

Avs up 2-0 heading into the 3rd. Lets finish this one and then go steal one in vegas like we didn't on the last road trip.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Well ****

*slow clap* Way to epically blow the entire series.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

11. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

*slow, prolonged exhalation*
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

They aint ready yet i guess. How do you blow a 2-0 lead in the 3rd? Sheeeesh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    *slow clap* Way to epically blow the entire series.
    The series has been blown since, at least, game three.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The series has been blown since, at least, game three.
    You could argue they should've lost game 2. Its frustrating because yesterday they had so many chances that just didn't bounce their way, including about 10 seconds into the overtime. Vegas is capitalizing so props to them I guess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    You could argue they should've lost game 2. Its frustrating because yesterday they had so many chances that just didn't bounce their way, including about 10 seconds into the overtime. Vegas is capitalizing so props to them I guess.
    Vegas isn't a better team than the Avs player-wise, but they're being out-coached A LOT and Vegas is just out-working Colorado. Last night they did a great job of being more physical on the puck. Their forecheck was better. The new line combos were fantastic. O'Connor played a great game. The defense did a good job moving the puck, jumping up in to the play, and keeping the Vegas forwards in check for the most part.

MacKinnon is trying to do too much with the puck. He had one play in the first or second period where he breezed through the neutral zone then was one on two and tried to split the D but when he tried to get the puck through McNabb's feet it hit his skate and the play was over. Too much time with the puck on his stick. He should have shot the puck through the screen and got the puck on net. That one play signifies all of the Avs' struggles in this series.

17. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Vegas isn't a better team than the Avs player-wise, but they're being out-coached A LOT and Vegas is just out-working Colorado. Last night they did a great job of being more physical on the puck. Their forecheck was better. The new line combos were fantastic. O'Connor played a great game. The defense did a good job moving the puck, jumping up in to the play, and keeping the Vegas forwards in check for the most part.

MacKinnon is trying to do too much with the puck. He had one play in the first or second period where he breezed through the neutral zone then was one on two and tried to split the D but when he tried to get the puck through McNabb's feet it hit his skate and the play was over. Too much time with the puck on his stick. He should have shot the puck through the screen and got the puck on net. That one play signifies all of the Avs' struggles in this series.
    100% excellent post.
    The worst thing is we stopped shooting. When we do they block all of our shots. Our guys are trying to send lasers when you just get it on net. Fleurry gives up so many juicy rebounds. Just float the puck on net. Instead we are passing passing passing and looking for the perfect shot. Also when teams collapse and block shots and clog the middle you work the perimeter until you can pull the backdoor guy in front. Two men in front. INstead we are still playing 3 high/high slot, when we should be running corner dot slot. When we did run that with good success last night- we ran them around. Its hard to block shots when people are moving. Bednar has lost a lot of faith with me. Cannot adjust. Takes 3 games to put the lines together how they should be and bringing in the right players.

We are the San Jose sharks. Awesome.
    How the hell do you lose with the talent this team has? So stupid
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information