Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Schedule Release Today

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I was literally the first person on this board clamoring for Lock.

But he's been a rather large disappointment. And you can't explain away everything. So sure, I feel and see his focus, and his competitive spirit. But I also have seen him fail to make basic progressive reads you'd expect out of a rookie QB. And while I (rightfully) went ham on Denver for botching his rookie year, I cannot help but be unimpressed with some of the excuses given for him. Everyone had the covid year. Not everyone had the roster that Lock has/had. Every QB worth his salt has to make due with injuries and blocking issues. To be fair to Lock, his addition to the team helped Bolles a lot, so it's not a one-sided affair.

It's just that, he should have done better. And in an era where rookie QB's often hit the ground running, and having seen Herbert come into the league as a true rookie, with the same disadvantages as Lock, it's just sort of, a "I don't care about fluff pieces or feel good moments," and more of a "go out there and play well, consistently, and overcome some adversity." Because to be blunt, Lock has had adversity in his career. He's overcome none of it..
    :cough: Say what?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Even before you, Jaded.

Twas I, your stan.

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

4. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Even before you, Jaded.

Twas I, your stan.

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
    I can honesty claim mentioning it during the ‘17 football season while I was dreaming about Case Siemian playing well enough to trade him for Two #1 picks ... but especially directly after Broncos passed on Rosen and Allen in the ‘18 draft.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I can honesty claim mentioning it during the ‘17 football season while I was dreaming about Case Siemian playing well enough to trade him for Two #1 picks ... but especially directly after Broncos passed on Rosen and Allen in the ‘18 draft.
    This is probably true. But also bad for my brand. So I have no choice but to tell you...no.

8. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

This is probably true. But also bad for my brand. So I have no choice but to tell you...no.
    I yield.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

He Lies.....get em jaded don't yield. That's for losers lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    But yet they passed on Fields and Jones..... wasn’t you crying about them not taking Fields? You was just so sure the broncos would draft a quarterback wasn’t you? Clearly Paton likes Lock a lot unless it was a massive upgrade veteran there was literally no QB in the entire draft that Paton thought was worthy of dumping locks development for. Actions speak louder than words and Patons actions says unless it was a massive upgrade veteran QB then he was sticking with developing Lock. He ultimately brung in a journeyman bridgewater whose a average vet incase lock flames out. A guy like Fangio would probably love to have bridgewater because his jobs on the line this season. Fangio just might not return if he wins another 4-5 game’s.
    Yes, after I watched the Broncos go after Watson and Rodgers and trade for Bridgewater, realizing that means they don’t like their quarterback situation, I wanted Fields when he slipped to Denver’s pick.

I cannot repeat this enough. You do not feel confident in your third year quarterback if you A.) explore a trade for a young stud unhappy with his situation, B.) trade for a quarterback who performed better than your third year quarterback last year and C.) attempt to trade for a Hall of Famer at the end of his career looking for a new home. You don’t like your quarterback situation if you do those things. That does not mean “clearly Paton likes Lock.” It means he does not.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yes, after I watched the Broncos go after Watson and Rodgers and trade for Bridgewater, realizing that means they don’t like their quarterback situation, I wanted Fields when he slipped to Denver’s pick.

I cannot repeat this enough. You do not feel confident in your third year quarterback if you A.) explore a trade for a young stud unhappy with his situation, B.) trade for a quarterback who performed better than your third year quarterback last year and C.) attempt to trade for a Hall of Famer at the end of his career looking for a new home. You don’t like your quarterback situation if you do those things. That does not mean “clearly Paton likes Lock.” It means he does not.
    I don't think they felt overly confident at the start of evaluation process. I think drew has subdued some of the initial concerns Paton and his staff may have had which is why we passed this draft on a Qb. He has stayed true to everything he mentioned all off-season at the position though. They wanted to improve the QB room. I think that means improve the QB room and push lock so if he isn't the guy you can start your GM tenure with who you want as a vet you can move on from unless you find a top tier QB. Rodgers and Watson are top 5 Qb's pretty much every GM not interested in obtaining them are idiots so it makes sense with some inconsistency at QB we are looking at them as options. Stafford was a top 10 QB, but I'm pretty sure the cost among other variables wasn't worth having Stafford with a injury history and Case Rypien as our QB room at the cost of Lock and his potential and in the end that seems to be exactly what happened and why we didn't increase our offer.

Also if you have a good GM there are probably about 10 that should feel good about their situation right now and that's about it. 22 other teams could use a upgrade. As for Teddy B he didn't outplay Lock by any stretch last year at all. Lock had basically identical stats in less games played. How is that Teddy B outplaying lock. There is a reason Carolina moved on and its not because Teddy B is anything more then serviceable. Teddy B will be exactly what we expect him to be if he has to play games or god forbid start. He will be a game manager capable of keeping games relatively close if our defense performs well.

Paton is a genius for the long term of this franchise though. He likes lock, wants to push him found a vet he can move on from easily at cheap cost, and can also move on from lock if it doesn't work out very easy next year, and we wont have to worry about any allegiance or some crap from coaches if it fails, cause we will start from scratch next year. If it does work out though we most likely are a playoff contender and have seen good progression from not just drew but the team as a whole. Our cap is in wonderful position, we have on paper a top 5 defense if we stay healthy and they perform and if Lock is even above average next year we are a playoff team.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 05-20-2021 at 06:11 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I don't think they felt overly confident at the start of evaluation process. I think drew has subdued some of the initial concerns Paton and his staff may have had which is why we passed this draft on a Qb. He has stayed true to everything he mentioned all off-season at the position though. They wanted to improve the QB room. I think that means improve the QB room and push lock so if he isn't the guy you can start your GM tenure with who you want as a vet you can move on from unless you find a top tier QB. Rodgers and Watson are top 5 Qb's pretty much every GM not interested in obtaining them are idiots so it makes sense with some inconsistency at QB we are looking at them as options. Stafford was a top 10 QB, but I'm pretty sure the cost among other variables wasn't worth having Stafford with a injury history and Case Rypien as our QB room at the cost of Lock and his potential and in the end that seems to be exactly what happened and why we didn't increase our offer.

Also if you have a good GM there are probably about 10 that should feel good about their situation right now and that's about it. 22 other teams could use a upgrade. As for Teddy B he didn't outplay Lock by any stretch last year at all. Lock had basically identical stats in less games played. How is that Teddy B outplaying lock. There is a reason Carolina moved on and its not because Teddy B is anything more then serviceable. Teddy B will be exactly what we expect him to be if he has to play games or god forbid start. He will be a game manager capable of keeping games relatively close if our defense performs well.

Paton is a genius for the long term of this franchise though. He likes lock, wants to push him found a vet he can move on from easily at cheap cost, and can also move on from lock if it doesn't work out very easy next year, and we wont have to worry about any allegiance or some crap from coaches if it fails, cause we will start from scratch next year. If it does work out though we most likely are a playoff contender and have seen good progression from not just drew but the team as a whole. Our cap is in wonderful position, we have on paper a top 5 defense if we stay healthy and they perform and if Lock is even above average next year we are a playoff team.
    I’m just not sure how you look at everything the Broncos have tried to do this off-season and go “yeah, man, they clearly love Lock.” Everything points to the opposite of that being true. And this isn’t me hating on Lock, or whatever people want to say, it’s just looking at the reality of what has happened and coming to a logical conclusion.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I’m just not sure how you look at everything the Broncos have tried to do this off-season and go “yeah, man, they clearly love Lock.” Everything points to the opposite of that being true. And this isn’t me hating on Lock, or whatever people want to say, it’s just looking at the reality of what has happened and coming to a logical conclusion.
    You are saying that they are making the moves that a franchise makes when the QB position is uncertain.

You also come across as having serious doubts about Lock's ability to answer the bell.

These are both unassailable positions.

But if I put my fingers in my ears and say 'la la la la la' then I can't hear you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I’m just not sure how you look at everything the Broncos have tried to do this off-season and go “yeah, man, they clearly love Lock.”
    by being a raging homer?

ele's post is spot on, though. . . looks to me like patton is simply taking a measured approach, which kind of looks to be his M.O. (no pun intended). . . he sees both the good and the bad in lock. . . going after watson or rodgers is a no-brainer, but failing that he did what he said he would-- brought in competition. . . i think he's going to give lock an honest evaluation, then make his decision at QB next off-season, whatever it is. . . fangio and shurmur are undoubtedly under the microscope as well, with the door left wide open for sweeping changes next year if the results this year aren't good enough. . . it's a sensible approach for a first year GM-- it allows him to be as certain as he can before making any big moves, with a potentially huge payoff if lock does make a jump. . . IMO, it's a wise gamble. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    which kind of looks to be his M.O. (no pun intended). . .
    ^ he intended tf out of that pun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    by being a raging homer?

ele's post is spot on, though. . . looks to me like patton is simply taking a measured approach, which kind of looks to be his M.O. (no pun intended). . . he sees both the good and the bad in lock. . . going after watson or rodgers is a no-brainer, but failing that he did what he said he would-- brought in competition. . . i think he's going to give lock an honest evaluation, then make his decision at QB next off-season, whatever it is. . . fangio and shurmur are undoubtedly under the microscope as well, with the door left wide open for sweeping changes next year if the results this year aren't good enough. . . it's a sensible approach for a first year GM-- it allows him to be as certain as he can before making any big moves, with a potentially huge payoff if lock does make a jump. . . IMO, it's a wise gamble. . .
    I don’t think flirting fairly publicly with a bunch of high profile quarterbacks who are rarely traded in the first place is all that measured of an approach. I appreciate it, actually. But measured, it does not seem to be.

23. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Paton better have a great reason for passing on Fields, that’s all I know.

He better have Jeudy10-type faith in Lock or have an Aaron Rodgers up his sleeve because the entire planet knows what Bridgewater is.

The Football Gods smiled down on Paton in the draft and he gave them double-barreled birds right in their faces, he better not have done that for Teddy Bridgewater.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Paton better have a great reason for passing on Fields, that’s all I know.

He better have Jeudy10-type faith in Lock or have an Aaron Rodgers up his sleeve because the entire planet knows what Bridgewater is.

The Football Gods smiled down on Paton in the draft and he gave them double-barreled birds right in their faces, he better not have done that for Teddy Bridgewater.
    Imagine the shame if Chicago figured out quarterbacks at the expense of Denver.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information