Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vic Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Kubiak's not ever going to get that treatment. He's our Sacred Cow.
    Like Elway?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    DT doesnt dive
    He did when destroying his achilles on the turf.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Like Elway?
    Yes. We have a two or three sacred cows.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Winning Super Bowls does that.

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Can Elway be our sacred horse?

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Can Elway be our sacred horse?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4931a3b4-d8c4-4197-8f4b-e9f4004db137_750x422.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	13540

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    We'll probably want to fire Kubiak as OC soon if you want to get that thread fired up.
    I called this first. Fired before he ever started. Please credit me.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Too soon?
    Damn you!!!

Luckily, The Godfather has a fish head waiting for you, if this thread lasts more than a year.

Otherwise, much respect!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That's what I was thinking. But that means he will be a successful head coach. Many NFL coaches don't last 4 years.

This is John Elway's last hire though. He has 3 years left on his contract, and if the team is not successful in that time he won't be around after that.

Problem is this team is seriously lacking in talent. I know a lot of you just think that Vance Joseph was the problem and if we could just get a coach with a bit of "Eau de McVay" scent on him we'd be just fine!

B.S. Complete and total B.S. Just watch and see Arizona this season for an object lesson of how going for the "hot innovator" flavor of the month head coach isn't going to prevent a team from sucking if they seriously lack talent.

The Broncos problems go so much deeper than VJs lack of talent and his losing a couple of games due to idiot coaching decisions.

They won 6 games. Belichick might have won 8 or possibly 9 games. Maybe. This team is just not good enough to compete for the division, let alone SB.

And just adding a new QB won't remotely be enough either. They need to rebuild the OL, they need 2 new TEs, they need to revamp the DL, they need some LBs, they desperately need 2 new starting caliber CBs. They're OK at kicker, Punter, WR, RB and OLB. That's about it folks.

Don't kid yourselves.
    Agreed to a point. The issue is larger than VJ and he was crippled by the main issue: Elway. We cannot move forward with any alacrity if Elway doesn't move forward as a GM. Using the Arizona example is false in that the Broncos are not the Cardinals. I'm not a mindless homer. We did kick their ass for a reason. As f'ed as the Broncos infrastructure/ ownership is, it is not as bad as the cardinals. We also have solid talent. That means nothing without solid coaching in step with great franchise leadership; hence the Elway factor. My point being: If Elway chooses to wake up, get some balls, and move forward as a GM, the Broncos will naturally move with him. That forward movement will happen as fast as his does, to a certain extent. We won't be in the SB next year if Elway wakes up but we will maybe be in the playoffs.

The Godfather seems to be a badass. That doesn't mean he will be a good HC but it does mean that he is a badass. If we finalize a badass as OC, there is only the Elway factor to account for (OC decision being a major point of grading the 'Elway Factor'). Everything you said is in regards to a situation involving stagnant management. With progressive management, judging you're opinions is as fluid as our vision of the future of our team as fans. 'Progressive' is a matter of opinion but the basic tenant being we will wallow as Elway wallows. We will thrive as Elway thrives.

As for talent, let's all wait until we get 'talent' re-defined for us by how well the new coaching staff uses our players. Everyone that listened to the professional opinions given on VJ's misuse of our players, knows that we have little clue what we have until we see a competent HC and assistants makes proper use of them. The bad calls are the only clue we outsiders get to see as to the greater malaise that a bad/ impotent HC can create. I have no clue if Fangio will be the HC we all want. I do think if Elway yanks his head out of his ass, we will be much better off than you forecast. I also think the players wouldn't say it because VJ was a player's guy, but VJ was incopetant at heart and grew a losing culture in the locker room, in that he spouted 'winning' platitudes he knew nothing about to his players, while relying on his abilities of the lowest measure when building and directing his staff and team.

Losing VJ won't make us winners. Sloughing off the dead skin of his incompetency will make a huge difference though, IMO.

Kubiak's not ever going to get that treatment. He's our Sacred Cow.
    The cow just got slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    The cow just got slaughtered.
    I think he’s a ***** - hasn’t had a top offense in forever, won’t change or update his scheme, and wants his old crappy coaches back.

Hit the road you overrated OC who didn’t even call his plays here, and who won a SB on the back of a defense and roster he had little to do with.

Drink up boys and girls! It’s a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Agreed to a point. The issue is larger than VJ and he was crippled by the main issue: Elway. We cannot move forward with any alacrity if Elway doesn't move forward as a GM. Using the Arizona example is false in that the Broncos are not the Cardinals. I'm not a mindless homer. We did kick their ass for a reason. As f'ed as the Broncos infrastructure/ ownership is, it is not as bad as the cardinals. We also have solid talent. That means nothing without solid coaching in step with great franchise leadership; hence the Elway factor. My point being: If Elway chooses to wake up, get some balls, and move forward as a GM, the Broncos will naturally move with him. That forward movement will happen as fast as his does, to a certain extent. We won't be in the SB next year if Elway wakes up but we will maybe be in the playoffs.
    The Cardinals have a potential franchise QB in Rosen. He sucked in his rookie year. That means nothing. Elway sucked in his rookie year. They just brought in a new coach specifically to coach that kid up. Whether it will work I don't know, but they are definitely going to give it a try. Rosen might well turn out to be good like other spread system QBs are once they stop trying to get them to be like Peyton Manning when all they know is RPO.

The Broncos don't even have a PROSPECT QB on the roster. So, it's down to the draft.

But:

1. It's the worst QB draft class in over 10 years. Just listen to all the draft talk about what the experts are saying: bad QB draft. Unlike last year when everybody knew that 4 QBs would be taken in the top 10 - and they were.

2. How are they going to get a QB in the draft? Are they going to overdraft someone who turns out to be like Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert. Teams desperately overdrafted those stiffs because they needed a QB and those were the only ones available.

They are going to have to wait until 2020 to get their franchise QB. Too bad, but that's where it is. Unless they get wildly lucky and somebody gets overlooked like Russell Wilson did and falls to the 2nd round or third round.

Can’t wait to get rid of Vic and his overrated, unimaginative, old school, offense. #fireFangio

18. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Winning Super Bowls does that.
    Living in the past makes things that worked at one point 'sacred', regardless of how well they work in the present.

Luckily, we have competition and a game that thrives due to said competition. Also luckily, we have Elway. He knows his chuck, rib, and flank are only sacred if he is a winner. As is proper. He dumps players and coaches he deems unworthy in a heartbeat. It's only proper we judge him similarly. He's choked with some of his most important decisions as a GM and has not lived up to his local status, outside of being a successful used car dealership partner. The franchise has suffered since the Manning stream ran dry and we were left with the raw meat that is Elway management, sans the glamour of his one enourmous and notable accomplishment.

I'm personally looking forward to the Fangio era, as well as the Elway-rips-his-head-out-of-his-ass era. I am really frickin' excited to be excited about our D again. I am also very confident that Elway has greatness in him as a GM. I've ripped him in the past but only in the context of us judging him for his actions as a GM, as apposed to some magical unicornism view that past glories are anything but us wasting time in past glories, as a dude glorifies the high school QB he knew as a titan in school, even though he sees him managing the local media department in Target these days. Elway used up his one 'famous-QB-as-GM' card when he signed Manning. He has none left and every reach he's made since along those lines with anyone else in the league afterwards, made his position weaker as a GM. The league and other GMS have relished every idiotic move he's made, seeing for what it was; At least those that were able to move past their own idiocies. Now, Elway has a killer class of 2018, a solid but small group of stars, and arguable the best defensive mind in the NFL as HC representing his current capital. He also has his letting go of past-glories-that-mean-nothing-currently (Kubiak) as capital. Everyone should be excited. I am!

Nothing and no one is sacred though, at least not in relationship to anything but past glories. Reminiscing is great. Confusing reminiscing with reality is unhealthy.
    Last edited by Ground Control; 01-11-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Watch, 4 years from now, someone will search the boards, find this thread and bump it as the official fire him thread.
    That's what I was thinking. But that means he will be a successful head coach. Many NFL coaches don't last 4 years.

This is John Elway's last hire though. He has 3 years left on his contract, and if the team is not successful in that time he won't be around after that.

Problem is this team is seriously lacking in talent. I know a lot of you just think that Vance Joseph was the problem and if we could just get a coach with a bit of "Eau de McVay" scent on him we'd be just fine!

B.S. Complete and total B.S. Just watch and see Arizona this season for an object lesson of how going for the "hot innovator" flavor of the month head coach isn't going to prevent a team from sucking if they seriously lack talent.

The Broncos problems go so much deeper than VJs lack of talent and his losing a couple of games due to idiot coaching decisions.

They won 6 games. Belichick might have won 8 or possibly 9 games. Maybe. This team is just not good enough to compete for the division, let alone SB.

And just adding a new QB won't remotely be enough either. They need to rebuild the OL, they need 2 new TEs, they need to revamp the DL, they need some LBs, they desperately need 2 new starting caliber CBs. They're OK at kicker, Punter, WR, RB and OLB. That's about it folks.

Don't kid yourselves.
    Sorry my man but the fact that they beat the Steelers, almost beat the Chiefs twice, almost beat the Rams, beat the Chargers. All those teams are serious contenders for the Super Bowl other than the Steelers. I think given how terrible Vance was at situational football that I would say the roster isn't as bereft of talent as you would like us to believe.

21. The Following 6 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information