Page 201 of 238 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    All these japanese and chinese in Kung Fu movies. Super racist supremacists.
    I can see how a universe with all kinds of races of aliens and humans is comparable to a cultural movie of martial arts.

That does make a lot of sense to me and is a totally accurate comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It's because those movies are incredibly rare.

Mexico and Japan aren't multicultural countries.
    Neither was Sweden, Norway, the UK or Germany until the diversity is our strength police started insisting on mass immigration. Where are the calls for mass immigration into Mexico and Japan.

My point will always be the same. I don't care what color, gender or sexual orientation characters in fictional entertainment are as long as the entertainment itself is quality. I just don't care enough about any of those things one way or the other.

But this is the last I'll speak on this subject here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I can see how a universe with all kinds of races of aliens and humans is comparable to a cultural movie of martial arts.

That does make a lot of sense to me and is a totally accurate comparison.
    With The Great Wall, Hollywood Has Made Whitewashing China's Problem

https://www.gq.com/story/the-great-wall-whitewashing

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Neither was Sweden, Norway, the UK or Germany until the diversity is our strength police started insisting on mass immigration. Where are the calls for mass immigration into Mexico and Japan.

My point will always be the same. I don't care what color, gender or sexual orientation characters in fictional entertainment are as long as the entertainment itself is quality. I just don't care enough about any of those things one way or the other.

But this is the last I'll speak on this subject here.
    I'm guessing the proximity to immigrants would be the answer. In America, however, diversity is literally our strength. That's another discussion, but it's a fact.

You're just grumpy.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm guessing the proximity to immigrants would be the answer. In America, however, diversity is literally our strength. That's another discussion, but it's a fact.

You're just grumpy.
    I'm grumpy because people can't just watch a good movie and enjoy it for what it is, they have to try to invent ways it offended them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

How about y'all fire up a SW political takes thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

With The Great Wall, Hollywood Has Made Whitewashing China's Problem

https://www.gq.com/story/the-great-wall-whitewashing
    A random white guy as the hero in that movie doesn't make a lot of sense.

In Ghost of the Shell, people forget that the Major was in a body that looked white. In fact many 'shells' were made to look white. That was much ado about nothing, although they could have done better showing the Major as an Asian woman in flashback scenes and the like. That part of the criticism is fair.

Star Wars - where you have lightsabers wielded by wizards, alien races, and nothing but white men and docile women!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    How about y'all fire up a SW political takes thread?
    Why don't you shut the heck up and do some math in the nerd corner, you ******* loser.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm grumpy because people can't just watch a good movie and enjoy it for what it is, they have to try to invent ways it offended them.
    Plenty of people enjoyed the movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

A random white guy as the hero in that movie doesn't make a lot of sense.

In Ghost of the Shell, people forget that the Major was in a body that looked white. In fact many 'shells' were made to look white. That was much ado about nothing, although they could have done better showing the Major as an Asian woman in flashback scenes and the like. That part of the criticism is fair.

Star Wars - where you have lightsabers wielded by wizards, alien races, and nothing but white men and docile women!
    i thought you wanted representation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Why don't you shut the heck up and do some math in the nerd corner, you ******* loser.
    I don't think what you are doing in this thread is very polite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

i thought you wanted representation.
    Representation is a good thing. Good casts are a good thing. Not defaulting to just white gets you better casts and representation.

Oh wait...you're...you're not actually arguing that you need a white hero in order for there to be representation are you? Because...oh lord...go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I don't think what you are doing in this thread is very polite.
    I'm just chatting with Chaz and SF.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

ok so "representation for everyone" but white people. Got it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information