Page 154 of 223 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3333

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I do not think he is a great fit for either position in 2018.
    Seconded. But to be honest, I’d rather him be our OC than the guy in Elway’s ear about who we should draft/sign at QB. No more Kubiak approved QBs. They’re all journeyman scrub try hards. FFS, he decided Siemian was his guy after watching one Northwestern game. Awesome scouting there!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I do not think he is a great fit for either position in 2018.
    That is fair. It's a long shot anyway. Probably not worth discussing. Like any other great coach that is no longer coaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Seconded. But to be honest, I’d rather him be our OC than the guy in Elway’s ear about who we should draft/sign at QB. No more Kubiak approved QBs. They’re all journeyman scrub try hards. FFS, he decided Siemian was his guy after watching one Northwestern game. Awesome scouting there!
    Do you feel Kubes had an impact on the last draft class?

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I know you didn't ask me, but I do think that he did.

I had a dream that you were in, Slim, but not a Tom Brady dream, if you know what I mean. Would you like to hear more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I know you didn't ask me, but I do think that he did.

I had a dream that you were in, Slim, but not a Tom Brady dream, if you know what I mean. Would you like to hear more?
    Yes.

7. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Yes.
    They told me the devil was coming for your soul.

I killed me a devil.

We ride, Slim. We ride.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

They told me the devil was coming for your soul.

I killed me a devil.

We ride, Slim. We ride.
    The devil ain't want none. He ain't ready for this.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

The devil ain't want none. He ain't ready for this.
    I was a killer and I felt disrespected. Slim is protected.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Perhaps, but I know he had an impact on drafting Lynch and Siemian and signing Keenum. Kubiak has proven he isn’t the greatest at choosing QBs even for his own outdated offensive system. He was successful with JFE and PFM (even though PFM has his worst season under Kubiak) but those weren’t his hand picked guys. He’s consistently been drawn to guys like Schaub, TJ Yates, Siemian, Keenum, etc. in other words, noodle armed try hards who might be able to run a WCO designed around the ZBS and zone stretch run leading to play action off that stretch run and bootlegs allowing his QBs to get outside the pocket and cut the required field reads in half.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

14. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Perhaps, but I know he had an impact on drafting Lynch and Siemian and signing Keenum. Kubiak has proven he isn’t the greatest at choosing QBs even for his own outdated offensive system. He was successful with JFE and PFM (even though PFM has his worst season under Kubiak) but those weren’t his hand picked guys. He’s consistently been drawn to guys like Schaub, TJ Yates, Siemian, Keenum, etc. in other words, noodle armed try hards who might be able to run a WCO designed around the ZBS and zone stretch run leading to play action off that stretch run and bootlegs allowing his QBs to get outside the pocket and cut the required field reads in half.
    You lost me at Lynch. Kubes wouldn't give him a chance, even his last meaningless game against the Raiders. I don't think he ever wanted the guy.

Something changed in the draft process last year. Maybe it was Kubes input, maybe it wasn't. My money is on the former. Also, I like winning.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

You lost me at Lynch. Kubes wouldn't give him a chance, even his last meaningless game against the Raiders. I don't think he ever wanted the guy.

Something changed in the draft process last year. Maybe it was Kubes input, maybe it wasn't. My money is on the former. Also, I like winning.
    I was in my kiva and had a vision.

Elway fired and Kubes GM.

18. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t understand why this is a thing. Lovie Smith, John Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, John Fox...why do we want this retread thing?

Find innovators. Do your research, find guys that have the ability to manage the team, coach and hire coordinators who will innovate.

Lincoln Riley, Matt LaFleur, Eric Bienemy, Matt Campbell, Kliff Kingsbury. We shouldn’t be stuck in 1998.
    by "we," do you mean fans, or the front office? if it's the former, i can answer that for you. . . most football fans are just inherently conservative people. . . they want the "safe" choice. . . swinging for the fences with the as-yet-unproven coordinator entails more risk. . . the average fan would rather be perennially 10-6 and losing in the first round than take a chance on a hotshot young OC, where the range of outcomes is more variable and less predictable. . . you could get a guy that tears it up-- or a guy that effs it up. . . there's more risk involved. . .

as for the FO, i fully support the choices of fox and kubes at the time they were made-- those were the right coaches for the situation, and IMO the results proved that. . . however, we don't have peyton F. manning this time. . . now is the time for the young guy who you can grow with for the next decade or two. . . find me the next sean mcvay, doug pederson, or matt nagy. . . no thanks to lovie, jim schwartz, fangio, raheem morris, greg williams, or mcdermott or todd bowles after they get fired. . . i'll also pass on the likes of doug marrone, jim fassel, mike mularkey, scott linehan, etc. . . i wanted mini-shanny last year, and would prefer maybe lafleur this time around. . . JDP screwed it up in minny. . . i would take john harbaugh, though-- that guy is just an extremely solid fundamental coach, who has consistently gotten good results despite crappy QBs. . . highly doubt he'll be available-- that ravens FO is far from stupid. . .

Defilipo was on this list just a few months ago. Funny thing about coaches, its hard to identify the next great one.

Also, don't talk shit about Kubes.
    we ride, brotha. . . i get so freakin' tired of broncos fans disrespecting the guy who was an integral part of all three of our super bowl wins. . . shit is extra-weak sauce. . . i wanna kick 'em in the nuts every time. . . that said, at this point i'd prefer keeping him in the FO. . . i don't wanna see the guy have a fatal stroke on the field-- that's hardly what he deserves. . . plus, i absolutely LOVE having killer drafts-- yes, even if we didn't get a QB. . . besides, who else can people scapegoat for #7's screw ups if gary isn't there to take the fall?

Last edited by dogfish; 12-13-2018 at 01:21 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Kubes had never picked a franchise qb, not sure he's even tried. But he can spot average talent and make it play above it's level

I am one that thinks kubes is done, but I love the guy and think his qb evaluation is fine.

22. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Here's what I don't get. VJ is the Broncos #1 choice. Kubs wanted him like mad, and Kubs has been good for the Broncos. I see little delta in Harbaugh and VJ. I'd take either. VJ may top out at the median scrub he is now, but his best work may also lie ahead. He's got the dudes on board, that means a lot. So many of these guys need a top QB or something to keep their careers alive. I'd like to see VJ with a quality QB before I write him off.

I'm solidly on the MO train btw. I think this organization is too meek when it comes to bold innovation. Not that innovation for its own sake is a panacea, but some directed risk-taking can do wonders. Really, bottom line, just need the right QB. I tell you, half these scrub QBs could look good if they had the right system or coaching or scheme or VR or whatever...that's what is missing. I don't think VJ is the guy to deliver that piece. Need a brilliant mind, smartest guy in the room type to coordinate under him. Maybe it could be Billy Moose, he did some good work with Carr.

Well, I get to watch and see it unfold. Looking forward to drunk dumbshit Mayfield playing, and that's no lie. @me MO. @me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Here's what I don't get. VJ is the Broncos #1 choice. Kubs wanted him like mad, and Kubs has been good for the Broncos. I see little delta in Harbaugh and VJ. I'd take either. VJ may top out at the median scrub he is now, but his best work may also lie ahead. He's got the dudes on board, that means a lot. So many of these guys need a top QB or something to keep their careers alive. I'd like to see VJ with a quality QB before I write him off.

I'm solidly on the MO train btw. I think this organization is too meek when it comes to bold innovation. Not that innovation for its own sake is a panacea, but some directed risk-taking can do wonders. Really, bottom line, just need the right QB. I tell you, half these scrub QBs could look good if they had the right system or coaching or scheme or VR or whatever...that's what is missing. I don't think VJ is the guy to deliver that piece. Need a brilliant mind, smartest guy in the room type to coordinate under him. Maybe it could be Billy Moose, he did some good work with Carr.

Well, I get to watch and see it unfold. Looking forward to drunk dumbshit Mayfield playing, and that's no lie. @me MO. @me.
    He was their top choice. But he can't handle a clock, and his teams get beaten several times a year by flat out bad teams. You have to ask yourself what is he good at? I refuse to accept this notion of "those guys play hard for him," when he's the same guy clearly irks some of his star player and lied to DT about being traded. The guys just play hard. Because their contracts depend upon it.

These scrub QBs can look good. But they won't be good. And eventually that's what you have to have - CK hit his threshold last year in the playoffs. Guys like Dalton and even Flacco might consistently hit the playoffs (at certain points in their career) but barring one SB run, what's Flacco done? You keep seeing elite QB's and elite defenses go deep for a reason. Those scrub QBs are sometimes just along for the ride.

Go Broncos.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information