Page 680 of 766 FirstFirst ... 180 580 630 670 678 679 680 681 682 690 730 ... LastLast
Results 10,186 to 10,200 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

barring a significant salary-clearing move, the nugs won't have money to spend in free agency beyond the mid-level exception-- but if they want to use it, that should be enough to land a useful depth player in this tight market. . . here's david aldridge's break-down of under the radar free agents. . . if we don't re-sign barton, i'd like to see us go after a switchable wing defender, like trevor ariza or luc mbah a moute-- those dudes were nails for houston on the defensive end last year, we could really use a guy like that. . . i do think torrey craig can give us some minutes at the three as well, but we need another body in case they do decide to redshirt porter. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It appears as if Barton is re-signing.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It appears as if Barton is re-signing.
    where'd you see it? any mention of terms?

edit; nevermind-- got the g-money article. . .

Adopted Bronco:

the jokic deal is done. . . also, barton is back-- 4 years, 54 million. . .

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2018/6/...-agency-rumors

5. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Nuggets now trying to get a meeting set with Lebron’s agent.

Chris Mannix

@ChrisMannixYS

The Nuggets know it's a long shot, but Denver's ultra aggressive front office wants a shot at selling James on a Jokic/Murray/Barton teammate trio--even if it's just for one year.
    They might want to mention Harris and Milsap in there as well.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 07-01-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the jokic deal is done. . . also, barton is back-- 4 years, 54 million. . .

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2018/6/...-agency-rumors
    Not a bad deal for Barton. I would have been fine with him walking. Time to move some salary. I'm guessing a future first to get someone to take Faried and/or Arthur's contract. If not, the Nuggets will be fine next year if Kroenke wants to pay luxury tax this season. Faried, Chandler, Arthur, and Lyles will all come off the books. They can also choose not to pick up Milsap's option. All in all, that's up to 68 million off the books after this season if Milsap is injured again doesn't produce. If he has a big year, the Nuggets are still looking at 38 million off the books after picking up his option.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

good. . . it's doubtlessly futile, but i like that they're at least trying. . . basketball-wise, it would be a great fit. . .

9. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

good. . . it's doubtlessly futile, but i like that they're at least trying. . . basketball-wise, it would be a great fit. . .
    I think the cool thing is that this isn't just Homer optimism. I agree with Moe and that I'm more excited about this roster than I have been in literally years. Power forward is obviously a problem. With all that dead money between Manimal and Arthur. But the depth and Talent on this roster is gaining national attention. I've heard so many people talk about the Nuggets since the draft like they can still Redshirt Porter and be fine with a healthy roster. When you think about the impact that losing Millsap right as he was starting to gel with the Joker and then losing Harris towards the end of the season had on this team. They could have been very very very good this year if we would have had more continuity. But that's the risk you take with signing older vets. I just want to see Harris stay healthy for an extended period of time as well. He seems to get dinged up pretty frequently

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lol, the Nuggets had to give the 76ers a pick to take Wilson Chandler.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lol, the Nuggets had to give the 76ers a pick to take Wilson Chandler.
    woj says it's a second, so no big deal. . . you knew they were gonna move at least one of those contracts to lessen the tax bill. . . i do wish they could have gotten rid of faried instead-- chandler still has at least some usefulness, and we're low on wings. . . i'm afraid they will start barton at the three, which i'm not the biggest fan of. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

woj says it's a second, so no big deal. . . you knew they were gonna move at least one of those contracts to lessen the tax bill. . . i do wish they could have gotten rid of faried instead-- chandler still has at least some usefulness, and we're low on wings. . . i'm afraid they will start barton at the three, which i'm not the biggest fan of. . .
    Logically it does make sense, but it’s still funny. “Please. Take my wife.”

No one is taking Faried's contract for a second. He's just about completely untradeable at this point. The good thing is, one more season and he's gone. This team now has 7 power forwards.

Milsap
    Faried
    Arthur
    Hernangomez
    Lydon
    Lyles
    Vanderbilt

They need to move at least two of those. Vanderbilt brings everything Faried brings with great D on top of it. Lyles, Hernangomez, and possibly Lydon should have some value. The glut of power forwards on this team is ridiculous. How do you build a 20 man roster with 7 power forwards?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

No one is taking Faried's contract for a second. He's just about completely untradeable at this point. The good thing is, one more season and he's gone. This team now has 7 power forwards.

Milsap
    Faried
    Arthur
    Hernangomez
    Lydon
    Lyles
    Vanderbilt

They need to move at least two of those. Vanderbilt brings everything Faried brings with great D on top of it. Lyles, Hernangomez, and possibly Lydon should have some value. The glut of power forwards on this team is ridiculous. How do you build a 20 man roster with 7 power forwards?
    The Warriors won the championship with like 5 centers last year!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Can they just cut Faried and eat the money? Serious question.

The Warriors won the championship with like 5 centers last year!
    Yeah, when you have Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson, you can construct the rest of the roster just about any way you want to.

18. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information