Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebron James now 3-5 out of 8 NBA Finals

Default Lebron James now 3-5 out of 8 NBA Finals

Does this change anyones opinion of him? Good or bad?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default Lebron James now 3-5 out of 8 NBA Finals

no I've always said that other than the Miami team he's never had the better team let alone the better coach. I think when you look at the guys that he's compared to Kobe played with Phil Jackson Michael played with Phil Jackson Steve Kerr is obviously a fantastic coach and I can't even name other than Mike Brown the guys that have coached LeBrons teams

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    no I've always said that other than the Miami team he's never had the better team let alone the better coach. I think when you look at the guys that he's compared to Kobe played with Phil Jackson Michael played with Phil Jackson Steve Kerr is obviously a fantastic coach and I can't even name other than Mike Brown the guys that have coached LeBrons teams
    He had the better team (by far) against the Mavs and lost. He had the better team in Miami vs the Spurs, too. No one gets more excuses made for them than LBJ.

He's always played in the weaker conference, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

LeBron is the greatest of all time. MJ always had helpers and coaching. Anyway, they are #1 and #2. Maybe MJ is better. Leave it to experts to say. MJ is a doosh and LBJ is a dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

MJ is a doosh? I remember him being loved by almost everyone growing up. It was a special thing to see, he was extraordinarily clutch.

9. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

But...I figured someone was going to compare the two. So do the wins vs losses count when debating all time greats? Are we allowed to use that argument?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    But...I figured someone was going to compare the two. So do the wins vs losses count when debating all time greats? Are we allowed to use that argument?
    Sure. But LeBron has now made nine Finals and eight in a row. That winning counts too. Michael only made 6 finals in total.

Michael 1a. James 1b. They are the two greatest players of all time.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Sure. But LeBron has now made nine Finals and eight in a row. That winning counts too. Michael only made 6 finals in total.

Michael 1a. James 1b. They are the two greatest players of all time.
    How many does he make if he didn't take that idiotic excursion playing baseball?
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

14. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

MJ is a doosh? I remember him being loved by almost everyone growing up. It was a special thing to see, he was extraordinarily clutch.
    His post-nba personality has been called into question, as well as a certain uber-cutthroatness of his sporting career. It's fine. He's a gamer...like...that's all that matters.

And maybe it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    How many does he make if he didn't take that idiotic excursion playing baseball?
    Eight. They had nothing stopping them in their version of the Eastern Conference either.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    His post-nba personality has been called into question, as well as a certain uber-cutthroatness of his sporting career. It's fine. He's a gamer...like...that's all that matters.

And maybe it was.
    Like punching a teammate at practice and using his Hall of Fame speech like a scorned lover.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Eight. They had nothing stopping them in their version of the Eastern Conference either.
    He's probably 8-0 also. I'll take Mike.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    He's probably 8-0 also. I'll take Mike.
    Probably. His teams were also way better with better coaches than James' early teams. There was the consistency of coaches and teammates, partly James' fault sure, but also of the time period. Michael's later three championships were won with three Hall of Famers and the greatest coach of all time. Right now, James has never played with more than one other Hall of Famer on his team - that's Dewyane Wade, other players chances at the hall are up in the air.

The teams they played couldn't hold a candle to the Spurs or the Warriors.

23. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Does this change anyones opinion of him? Good or bad?
    Not really, great player but not Jordan great. But that is just personal opinion which we have all been over.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information