Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oklahoma City Thunder (sucks) Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The 'zomg tripplllll dubble omfg best season evar' stuff.

Many years ago LT broke the TD record as the Charger. For that entire year, people were talking about how he might be the best RB ever. I then noted that it is possible for someone to have a god-tier season and then be overrated for it.

This is the LT season all over again.
    This didn't really answer my question. You compared this to QB stats, which are inflated across the board. Why aren't triple doubles inflated across the board? Why is RW the only person doing this? If people started averaging trip dubs all the time you'd have a point. But what he's doing is unprecedented.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    RWB is like fancy microwaved food served at a sports restraunt.
    lol wow omg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This didn't really answer my question. You compared this to QB stats, which are inflated across the board. Why aren't triple doubles inflated across the board? Why is RW the only person doing this? If people started averaging trip dubs all the time you'd have a point. But what he's doing is unprecedented.
    I did answer your question. He's a great player (team killer but great player) with an all around game. Ergo his all around stats are inflated. In all reality his season isn't much better than Derrick Rose's god tier season with the MVP - Rose would have likely been getting the same numbers as RWB. But, his team was better so he didn't have to do everything. There's a reason why during tonight's game they were talking about how his season is great, but Harden is just as worthy as RWB for the award.

He's hitting a new tier of stats and it's not just all because of him. But the media is sympathetic to the Thunder because big mean KD left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

The fact the magic took them to OT speaks volumes. The magic. My shitty magic.

I'd take harden over Westbrook. Sorry.

Maybe Harden is the MVP?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Maybe Harden is the MVP?
    If you want to put more weight into one playoff game than 82 regular season games, then sure.

If you want to put more weight into one playoff game than 82 regular season games, then sure.
    I mean..Harden was on par with RWB in the regular season - it's not like his team is filled with NBA all-stars- and he just went out there and killed it. RBW got 20 some odd points and shot horribly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I mean..Harden was on par with RWB in the regular season - it's not like his team is filled with NBA all-stars- and he just went out there and killed it. RBW got 20 some odd points and shot horribly.
    Ryen Russilo was saying this week that of every starting 5 in the NBA, if you take out their top player and combine the PER of the other 4, OKC had the lowest team PER in the entire NBA. So Harden might not have all-stars around him, but RWB is surrounded by yash level trash.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

If Russ bunks again like he did tonight. He will not be mvp

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    If Russ bunks again like he did tonight. He will not be mvp
    The votes have already been cast. They just won't be announced until after the playoffs.

Ryen Russilo was saying this week that of every starting 5 in the NBA, if you take out their top player and combine the PER of the other 4, OKC had the lowest team PER in the entire NBA. So Harden might not have all-stars around him, but RWB is surrounded by yash level trash.
    There is a lot of yash on OKC. This we can agree upon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Harden or Leonard.

If Westbrook averaged 28/14/7 he would be MVP. Too contrived. There is a reason Durant left.

15. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I feel like if you're saying Westbrook wasn't the MVP this year you're just trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary. What he did this season was historic. And like I said, there is data that shows that he had the worst supporting cast of any star player in the NBA this season. He single handedly has dragged this team to where they are.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I feel like if you're saying Westbrook wasn't the MVP this year you're just trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary. What he did this season was historic. And like I said, there is data that shows that he had the worst supporting cast of any star player in the NBA this season. He single handedly has dragged this team to where they are.
    Speaking from personal experience, guys who drag poor supporting casts to places they don't belong are only respected by their own team's fan base.

19. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Speaking from personal experience, guys who drag poor supporting casts to places they don't belong are only respected by their own team's fan base.
    Allen Iverson got a lot of love...and hate...but not all of that was because of basketball.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information