Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Minkah!

Default Get Minkah!

The Broncos are losing their #1 CB next season when CHJ gets paid. He's in his 30's but he's still the best slot corner in the game which is invaluable to defenses in today's NFL. Who's waiting in the wings? Duke Dawson was a good start, but he needs some development. Yiadam might be a good 3rd corner with some more grooming. Jackson can fill in at corner, but Fangio seems to like him better at safety. The Broncos need corner help both now and in the years to come.

Enter Minkah Fitzpatrick. He's a big, fast athletic guy that can play outside corner, slot corner, safety, and linebacker in certain situations. He has the size to cover bigger receivers (6'1 202). Playing slot corner in 2018, he ranked first in completion percentage allowed, first in passer rating allowed, and ninth in coverage grade. In college, he was the highest graded slot corner in the PFF college era (2014-2018). He was known as Saban's kid at Alabama because the coach loved him so much. They couldn't keep him out of the film room and it showed in the draft. He's a high character, crazy work ethic, leader type that Elway covets.

Miami wants a first for him, but I think a second and a player would do it. He's on the second year of a rookie first round contract, meaning the team trading for him would have his rights for 4 more years. Opportunities like this one rarely come up in the NFL. Getting a stud player that was a first rounder last year is hard to do, but the door is open.

Get it done Elway!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

I think even Elway believes privately that this team is in rebuilding mode, not "win now" mode no matter what he says. They might need every draft pick they can get their hands on to move up to the top of the first round for Tua or Fromm next year.

We're likely to see Drew Lock this season. What if he looks terrible? Will they just roll the dice and hope he isn't another Paxton Lynch? Or will they finally bite the bullet and go out next season and get a top 3 pick QB prospect and maybe find a guy who can compete with Pat Mahomes for the next 10 years.

If the wheels continue to fall off the bus, the Broncos are likely to finish 6-10 or worse and those picks are top 10 picks. True, they will need a CB when Harris leaves next year.

But, they are likely to dump salary rather than add it, as expiring contracts and departing veterans like Derek Wolfe, Emmanuel Sanders, Harris, and possibly Von Miller add tons of cap room and the team rebuilds from scratch.

That might be unavoidable if they can't win with Joe Flacco. And do you think they can?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

call up and see if you can steal him with a lowball offer since they're in fire sale mode, sure. . . can't give up a 1st or a 2nd, though. . . if the rest of the season goes the way monday night did, denver could well find themselves at the top of the draft again. . . keeping their options open in case they're in range of a blue chip QB prospect is more important than adding a hybrid DB. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

We need to send them pits 3rd. But we shiukd absolutely get him. Hes worth a 2nd too. This is a homerun move. We need the agressive Elway of old. Hed make this move
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

I read yesterday that they are asking for a first round pick. I don't want to do that. He's a very fine player. I understand his frustration because he's being asked to play in roles that he can't really do. And he's on a tanking team, so he can't even 'buy in' that his 'sacrifice' is 'helping' the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Can he play offense
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I can’t high five this enough.

I don’t wanna hear about rebuilding when the player we’re talking about is 24 years old and going into his second season.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

i don’t think this team should be losing draft picks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    i don’t think this team should be losing draft picks.
    True enough, we could always use another Garrett B.

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Or Isaac Yiadum.

Go look at Elway’s history of drafting DB’s.

It’s not good.

He should stop.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You can’t stop drafting people because you made a bad pick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Harris is gone after this year. We wont find a cb as good as minakah in rd 2.
    He also returns punts and kicks I'm pretty sure. This trade makes too much sense for us
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

20. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Agreed, but you can trade picks for proven players, especially starters.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

$10 says he ends up in NE for a conditional 2030 draft pick.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

What's the point of drafting?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information