Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos eyeing Mitch Trubisky

Default Broncos eyeing Mitch Trubisky

Missed on Stafford - but don't hang your head! If there's a man that can out-duel Mahomes and Herbert it's...

(let's hope this dude is full of shit)

2. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Pass.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I mean if we're going with Lock this year, he's a reasonable, unthreatening backup. Probably a better backup option than we trotted out last year.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Oh no please no
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

But seriously, what's wrong with him as the backup? Seems like there are two paths this offseason is going to go down. We're swinging for the fences with guys like Watson and Stafford, maybe Dak, but if all those fall through we're probably rolling with Lock and a capable veteran backup. If we bring in Mitch it's not to replace Lock. He's a guy who can come in and win a game or two if Lock goes down. He'd be an upgrade over Driskel/Rypien.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    But seriously, what's wrong with him as the backup? Seems like there are two paths this offseason is going to go down. We're swinging for the fences with guys like Watson and Stafford, maybe Dak, but if all those fall through we're probably rolling with Lock and a capable veteran backup. If we bring in Mitch it's not to replace Lock. He's a guy who can come in and win a game or two if Lock goes down. He'd be an upgrade over Driskel/Rypien.
    As a backup, sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    As a backup, sure.
    Did anyone read that tweet thinking they meant as starter? If he's considering Dallas too, who has Dak, that tells me he knows he isn't going anywhere to start. And if for whatever reason Mitch came in and beat Lock out, then that just tells us for sure Lock isn't the guy and it's time to blow it up.

If we don't get Watson, it's time to wrap our heads around the idea that a guy like Mitch is the kind of player we're getting to come in and be a vet backup.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

If we don't get Watson, it's time to wrap our heads around the idea that a guy like Mitch is the kind of player we're getting to come in and be a vet backup.
    I . . . suppose.

Something about it feels a bit off, though. I'd much rather a Fitzmagic or a McCown as the backup. Trubisky is probably still a starter in his own mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I . . . suppose.

Something about it feels a bit off, though. I'd much rather a Fitzmagic or a McCown as the backup. Trubisky is probably still a starter in his own mind.
    I basically consider all those guys the same tier. It's going to be a career fringe starter/backup type guy if we whiff on the big guns. I don't mind that Mitch would come in with a chip on his shoulder wanting to start. If Lock is really the guy, he'll shrug it off and Mitch will have to live with being the backup.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Did anyone read that tweet thinking they meant as starter? If he's considering Dallas too, who has Dak, that tells me he knows he isn't going anywhere to start. And if for whatever reason Mitch came in and beat Lock out, then that just tells us for sure Lock isn't the guy and it's time to blow it up.

I don't see Trubisky going anywhere solely to be a backup. That's just me though.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't see Trubisky going anywhere solely to be a backup. That's just me though.
    Don't really think he'll have a choice. No one is bringing him in to start. But from his perspective, Denver does make a lot of sense. Lock is probably seen as one of the more vulnerable starters around the league. I could see Denver being really attractive to vets who still want a chance to start, because they might see Lock as a guy they can beat out.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Don't really think he'll have a choice. No one is bringing him in to start. But from his perspective, Denver does make a lot of sense. Lock is probably seen as one of the more vulnerable starters around the league. I could see Denver being really attractive to vets who still want a chance to start, because they might see Lock as a guy they can beat out.
    That could be good for Lock though. Maybe it'll help him pull his head out.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That could be good for Lock though. Maybe it'll help him pull his head out.
    Yeah I know there is some sentiment here that bringing in a vet to push Lock (some might call it a "competition") is a bad thing, because it splits the locker room or doesn't show confidence in the starter or whatever, but the way I see it Lock will either prove he's the guy and it won't be a competition, or he'll buckle under the pressure and we'll know he's not the guy. Either way we have a plan going forward. Obviously Watson should still be plan A, B, and C, but it's far more likely we're in for Lock + vet to push him.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Bears have a joke of an OLine and have had a much worse situation than us dating back to their Super Bowl appearance. Their scouting department just does not have a clue how to find quality tackles. Trubisky is used to extending plays with his legs, and would easily be in a better situation here than with Chicago. If Trubisky comes here, it will be to compete for the starting job. Should Trubisky beat out Lock, the Broncos would not be in terrible shape. His ability to make plays with his legs adds an extra dimension to the offense.

Trubisky can make NFL throws, but has the same struggles as Drew Lock with turnovers and setting his feet in the pocket. Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Gordon, Lindsay would easily be the best supporting cast Trubisky has ever played with. Hell, Tim Patrick, Jeudy, Fant would still be an upgrade from his supporting cast of the past few years (Outside of AR15).

Of course, it would be better if Lock just won the starting job. I think Lock is the better pocket passer of the two, and Trubisky's struggles as a pocket passer scare me. Trubisky reminds me of a slightly more talented version Jake Plummer. Lock reminds me more of Jay Cutler.

If the price is right, let's have a competition.

26. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Just stick with Drew Lock. 2020 was his first full season. He didn't play full season in 2019. Season 2021 will be his last chance to prove himself to be an NFL quarterback. IF GM Paton wants a new QB... I am interested in Watson or Trevor Lawrence. That's it.

28. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information