Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Howdy. I'm King87

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    But since crypto isn't really based on anything tangible, it's basically Monopoly Money? Or no?
    It has value in that you can sell it and buy stuff with it, but like a stock, its value could tank to nothing tomorrow morning and your money is gone. It's essentially gambling.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The value is in the decentralization. But that's what also drives the volatility - it's not backstopped by anything.

I think as governments continue to make bad decisions and become less trustworthy, there will be a place for decentralized currencies. Just not entirely convinced BTC is going to be the standard there, nor that we will ever see this shift from government backed currencies to decentralized currencies on a large scale as crypto truthers insist.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    There's a certain poetic nature to it. Many of the people who decried money coming from sovereign nations lacking a physical attribute (the gold standard, etc.) took their frustrations out on the system. They embraced the concept of money lacking a physical attribute and next level'd it. We now have money that's completely devoid of a physical attribute or a sovereign nation.

If you believe in it enough, it's 'real'. If the belief in it we have now continues, it'll become just as 'real' as the dollar or the Euro.
    But what is the value of it based on?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The value is in the decentralization. But that's what also drives the volatility - it's not backstopped by anything.

I think as governments continue to make bad decisions and become less trustworthy, there will be a place for decentralized currencies. Just not entirely convinced BTC is going to be the standard there, nor that we will ever see this shift from government backed currencies to decentralized currencies on a large scale as crypto truthers insist.
    I worked in the banking industry for 4 years. I saw firsthand how slowly people change their habits of how they do their banking and manage their money. The idea that we're on the doorstep of crypto becoming the dominant world currency is just ludicrous. You still have a large percentage of people who only buy stuff with cash/checks/debit cards and are too scared to even get a credit card. I'm not saying it couldn't happen one day, but that day is decades and decades and decades away if it even happens in our lifetimes. Crypto bros who believe this is something coming within the next few years or the next decade are delusional beyond repair.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I worked in the banking industry for 4 years. I saw firsthand how slowly people change their habits of how they do their banking and manage their money. The idea that we're on the doorstep of crypto becoming the dominant world currency is just ludicrous. You still have a large percentage of people who only buy stuff with cash/checks/debit cards and are too scared to even get a credit card. I'm not saying it couldn't happen one day, but that day is decades and decades and decades away if it even happens in our lifetimes. Crypto bros who believe this is something coming within the next few years or the next decade are delusional beyond repair.
    I find that some of the crypto bros are the same bros that think electric cars will rule the roads in the next 10 years. Cough*UR29*Cough.

10. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

I find that some of the crypto bros are the same bros that think electric cars will rule the roads in the next 10 years. Cough*UR29*Cough.
    Lets chat in 10 years.
    I never said crypto in 10 years- but it could be possible with how it is exploding. The cars I stand firm on. Frankly, I am even surprised you would try and argue that. Look at Every Single Car maker out there. They are all moving to electric. ALL!

De nile isnt just a river in Egypt
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

12. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

My gut feeling is that a lot of 'real' money (haha) is being used to fight proxy battles for digital hegemony between western and Chinese financial systems.

Whether or not it ever becomes decentralized (not as long as the state has prison power, so never) doesn't matter. It's financial plumbing and that is worth more than gold.

I'd stay away unless I knew what I was doing.

This post is full of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Lets chat in 10 years.
    I never said crypto in 10 years- but it could be possible with how it is exploding. The cars I stand firm on. Frankly, I am even surprised you would try and argue that. Look at Every Single Car maker out there. They are all moving to electric. ALL!

De nile isnt just a river in Egypt
    I love how there's never any gray area with you. It's either 100 or 0 with all things. No middle ground. I never denied that electric cars are gaining popularity. I also never said you said anything about crypto in 10 years. For being such a whiz, you're an idiot sometimes.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

I love how there's never any gray area with you. It's either 100 or 0 with all things. No middle ground. I never denied that electric cars are gaining popularity. I also never said you said anything about crypto in 10 years. For being such a whiz, you're an idiot sometimes.
    Balls deep baby!
    If not, whats the point?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Balls deep baby!
    If not, whats the point?
    With you and Shazam I feel like there is about an equal chance of you being a billionaire, dead, or in prison within 10 years.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Balls deep baby!
    If not, whats the point?
    Because it's ******* stupid. That's the point.

22. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

With you and Shazam I feel like there is about an equal chance of you being a billionaire, dead, or in prison within 10 years.
    I do not want any of those things. So prob shazam
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

24. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Balls deep baby!
    If not, whats the point?
    Wait... What? I'm not going to prison.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

26. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Because it's ******* stupid. That's the point.
    I disagree. Balls deep is the best way to be. Why enjoy half of what you can whole.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

28. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I see vettesplus is back.

30. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information