Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Citing COVID-19 concerns, Broncos players will skip voluntary in-person OTAs

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Citing COVID-19 concerns, Broncos players will skip voluntary in-person OTAs

The NFL will allow teams to hold in-person organized team activities this spring, but Denver Broncos will not participate. The players released the following statement on Tuesday through the NFL Players Association:
    rest - https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...otas-covid-19/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Lovely.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Get the vaccine.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

This is stupid these guys absolutely need the work!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Get the vaccine.
    Yeah pretty much. Should be a non issue by actual camp given that the players get the vaccine.

Adopted Bronco:

Default NFL will not force players to get COVID-19 vaccine: 'What we are focusing on is education'

Though it certainly hopes that the entire league does so, as it would make the season go along much smoother this fall, the NFL said Thursday that it has “no intention” of requiring players to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.

Dr. Allen Sills, the league’s chief medical officer, said on the NFL Network that the league's focus is on making sure players know why doing so is beneficial.
    rest - https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-not-for...202939459.html

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

This is 100% them trying to do away with OTAs. No player likes OTAs. Okay, maybe 90% and the other 10% is about the 17 game season that none of them wanted. Sorry, you’ll never convince me that the Broncos players can’t get or haven’t gotten themselves or their families vaccinated. They’re millionaires who are currently in their 4th month off and pretty much every state is allowing anyone over 18 to get vaccinated, there just isn’t an excuse anymore. If the rest of us working schlubs can make time around our work and family schedules to get it done, they can.

They just don’t want to have to go to work. These guys were 5-11 last year with a second year QB who struggled, a young Oline who struggled, WRs who couldn’t catch anything so there’s probably no risk of catching COVID for Jeudy and Hamler, and a ton of injuries (probably from not being in game shape). But yeah, go ahead and take the time off for “fear of COVID”... stupid is as stupid does. When we look back in January 2022 as to why we didn’t make the playoffs again, this will be reason #1.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    This is 100% them trying to do away with OTAs. No player likes OTAs. Okay, maybe 90% and the other 10% is about the 17 game season that none of them wanted. Sorry, you’ll never convince me that the Broncos players can’t get or haven’t gotten themselves or their families vaccinated. They’re millionaires who are currently in their 4th month off and pretty much every state is allowing anyone over 18 to get vaccinated, there just isn’t an excuse anymore. If the rest of us working schlubs can make time around our work and family schedules to get it done, they can.

They just don’t want to have to go to work. These guys were 5-11 last year with a second year QB who struggled, a young Oline who struggled, WRs who couldn’t catch anything so there’s probably no risk of catching COVID for Jeudy and Hamler, and a ton of injuries (probably from not being in game shape). But yeah, go ahead and take the time off for “fear of COVID”... stupid is as stupid does. When we look back in January 2022 as to why we didn’t make the playoffs again, this will be reason #1.
    I have every reason to believe that pro athletes, like a lot of people, want to do as little work as possible for the largest possible return on investment (their time spent working commensurate with their paycheck). Sad.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

11. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

When we look back in January 2022 as to why we didn’t make the playoffs again, this will be reason #1.
    I was with you until this point. I don't think this will have anything to do with our ultimate success. Multiple teams are already following suit with us on this and it wouldn't shock me if this happens leaguewide. Like you said, most players don't want to do OTAs.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 04-13-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I have every reason to believe that pro athletes, like a lot of people, want to do as little work as possible for the largest possible return on investment (their time spent working commensurate with their paycheck). Sad.
    I'm not sure I'd say it's "sad". It's not like these are doctors trying to skimp out on treating patients or any other equally important profession. Their job is to bash their skulls in for our entertainment, and they just want to bash their skulls in a little less. Can't say I wouldn't feel the same in their shoes.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm not sure I'd say it's "sad". It's not like these are doctors trying to skimp out on treating patients or any other equally important profession. Their job is to bash their skulls in for our entertainment, and they just want to bash their skulls in a little less. Can't say I wouldn't feel the same in their shoes.
    It reminds me of teachers who refuse to teach even though they’ve all been vaccinated. Their job is to play football and put a product on the field that fans want to watch. They were 5-11 last season. That’s not acceptable. I haven’t missed a day of work since the pandemic started. There are hundreds of millions of Americans who go to work every day so those players can have water, power, stocked shelves at the grocery store, stuff shipped from Amazon every day, fuel for their cars, and yes medical professionals who do more than tend to COVID patients to care for them and their families needs as they arise. Why are they so special? I really, and I mean REALLY hate the COVID excuse. You’ll never convince me that they’re more at risk at the controlled Broncos facility, with protocols in place, practicing outside, than they are doing whatever dumb shit they’re doing in their spare time with their families and friends. Sure, you can Zoom and Webex meetings, but it’s really hard to run routes and catch passes and look off the Safety and hit the sled laying on your couch eating Cheetos.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I don't think OTA's involve "bashing their skulls in", but what do I know.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It reminds me of teachers who refuse to teach even though they’ve all been vaccinated. Their job is to play football and put a product on the field that fans want to watch. They were 5-11 last season. That’s not acceptable. I haven’t missed a day of work since the pandemic started. There are hundreds of millions of Americans who go to work every day so those players can have water, power, stocked shelves at the grocery store, stuff shipped from Amazon every day, fuel for their cars, and yes medical professionals who do more than tend to COVID patients to care for them and their families needs as they arise. Why are they so special? I really, and I mean REALLY hate the COVID excuse. You’ll never convince me that they’re more at risk at the controlled Broncos facility, with protocols in place, practicing outside, than they are doing whatever dumb shit they’re doing in their spare time with their families and friends. Sure, you can Zoom and Webex meetings, but it’s really hard to run routes and catch passes and look off the Safety and hit the sled laying on your couch eating Cheetos.
    It's a BS excuse.

IMO, of course.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'll give the same reply I always give with pro athletes are criticized because they do things that the average American can't get away with at their workplace... They have more leverage in their profession than you or me or your kid's teacher or the guy who bags your groceries. They get to do their job by different rules. Their talents are the reason the NFL is a billions of dollars industry and that gives them leverage and power.

Adopted Bronco:

I was with you until this point. I don't think this will have anything to do with our ultimate success. Multiple teams are already following suit with us on this and it wouldn't shock me if this happens leaguewide. Like you said, most players don't want to do OTAs.
    All I found so far besides the Broncos is the Seahawks

Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks players say they won't report to voluntary offseason workouts
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eason-workouts

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information